test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback on reputation overhaul

2»

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Skills invalid AFTER finishing Gamma Rep to Tier 6.
    Is this supposed to happen??

https://i.imgur.com/temgccW.jpg

(After all this, this Gamma vanity shield better look PINK with Lighting 1.0 on my BoP...nope, RED with purple on my BoP.)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    ramisal wrote: »
    > @garaks31 said:
    > single button click to fill in all the Marks + Exp + EC ,of all the reps together plz

Yes, pls Cryptic do this! It's long overdue.

The current system to lvl up reputations is just awful.

You need 10 CLICKS to select, slot and fill only one rep. And why do i have to confirm every single resource i spend. Why can't i do all at once?

This UI is so bad, i tend to not doing lvl 6, although i have the resources. Only because of the clicky work, which i hate.
    I would have to do it on only 3 toons but that makes 12*3 reps= 36*10 clicks= 360 clicks per day *30 days makes 10.800 times clicking on the same buttons to level up from 5 to 6. Insane!

Do you think dull button clicking in a row brings fun into a game Cryptic?

Pls make just an levlup button (for all available reps) and an approval afterwards. Done.

That has been my gripe about a lot of the STO UIs, They never made another button or menu press they didn't like. I understand why they do it, but at the same time for "older grind [time gating] content" they really should be improving the UI to streamline it. See: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1234883/enhancement-for-the-duty-office-assignments

So yeah for new content I can understand them requiring 10 clicks, but after 5yrs, "older grind [time gating] content" needs to be updated to much fewer clicks.

I would say that I spend upwards of 80-90% of my time just filling the blanks, and not actually playing any of the missions or TFO's The only time I do spend on missions are over the weekend, and that's mainly to unlock zones/accolades and other special items.

The reward for completing all the R&D, Admiralty, DoFF Assignments, is we I don't have to spend as much time worrying about them. i.e. we complete them so sped less time filling them out.
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    The new Energy Types for the Reputation Sets:

Omega - Ground Phaser (FED), Disruptor (KDF), Antiproton (Both), Phaser (KDF new), Disruptor (FED new), Tetryon (Both new)
    Nukara - Tetryon, Antiproton (new)
    New Romulus - Plasma, Disruptor (new)
    Dyson - Nothing
    8472 - Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma (new) Tetryon (new)
    Delta Alliance - Polaron, Antiproton (new)
    Iconian - Antiproton, Tetryon (new)
    Terran - Disruptor, Phaser (new)
    Temporal - Antiproton, Polaron (new)
    Lukari - Polaron, Plasma (new)
    Competitive - Tetryon, Antiproton (new)
    Gamme - Polaron, Phaser (new)
    Bridger.png
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Amended: I got the progress bar back. But the interface option to just click to bring it back is gone - you have to close and reopen your character pane - and... thirty days of dailies? Really? I don't usually complain about The Grind in this game - 'tis just more game to play - but even I think that's a bit much.
    entnx01 wrote: »
    If you click on the portrait that’s meant to show off the theme of the reputation, you’ll get the progress bar back. It’s unintuitive, for sure.
    That's the way it currently works anyway.
    However, I certainly agree that it's unintuitive.
    The 250k requirement to reach T6 is a bit much too. T5 required us to reach a total of 100k, so perhaps another 100k is more readily achievable, for a total of 200k.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    The weapons in the Rep Stores should also benefit from the Discount, not just Rep Project weapons. These weapons are usually niche as heck in their application; don't penalize them twice by also making them ludicrously overpriced.
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
    Concerning the reputation Vanity Shields.... can you please consider letting us collect more than one copy?

For example: Love how that New Rom Vanity Shield looks on my Pilot Raptors...would like to just buy three and slot one each and leave it in the ship permanently.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • varzecvarzec Member Posts: 129 Media Corps
    Now that I can see the flourish, can we also set the holo icons to be able to be attached to the interiors wall trophy slots?
    original.jpg?1521423860
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    > @where2r1 said:
    > Concerning the reputation Vanity Shields.... can you please consider letting us collect more than one copy?
    >
    > For example: Love how that New Rom Vanity Shield looks on my Pilot Raptors...would like to just buy three and slot one each and leave it in the ship permanently.

Can these be reclaimed if one gets trashed?
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
    edited September 2018
    Currently using the Tribble patch from 9/26/2018....

And I LOVE the way the Rep projects "snap" immediately to the fill the project page without all the extra clicks.
    I do not mind giving up the ability to slot the next project....for this is much smoother.

Also, this is the bar graph I want to see filling in on top of every page of a rep while I am doing it, why is this hiding behind everything???

https://i.imgur.com/4dzQxBb.jpg

edited September 2018
    I just patched Tribble...so now I am using the 9/28/2018 version.

I just filled out my Ferasean's Nakura Rep from Tier 5 to Tier 6. He is the one I deleted and copied back over.
    I checked the Skill Tree before I started the "Claim Rep Tier 6" project. It was fine.

Completed the "Claim Rep Tier 6" project and got the reward unlock. I checked the Skill Tree, again. Skills are invalid and I have the "Retrain" button again. THIS time I did not get the notice on the Reputation screen at all....but the Skill tree is still messed up.

Clicked on "Retrain". I got the fly in notification that says "Respec successful" but the status "skills invalid" remains on my skill tree along with the "Retrain" button.

I think I am going to have to delete all characters so I don't activate that automatic sponsoring thing???
    Or wait for someone else to notice it on one of their new Tribble toons.

Eh, I made a list of vanity shields I haven't looked at, yet.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I started a new KDF character on Tribble.
    Though this does not bode well...the program knows I ran the tutorial, previously.

Which means it knows I have other characters that I already ran through the Reps, too.
    So...I can't test this Claim Tier 6 Reputation / Skills Invalid thing, at least, not on this account.

Yea! I can get off of troubleshooting this problem...
    and just work on unlocking the 5 shields that are still missing. :)
    Post edited by where2r1 on

edited September 2018
    Can these be reclaimed if one gets trashed?

I just deleted the Nakura Vanity Shield...and unable to run the project again. It is a one shot deal.
    Not in the Rep Store for Nakura, either. :( Also, not in the replicator to retrieve. :(

Really? Can't this be changed?
    It is a cosmetic thing...let people claim as many as they want to play for, please?

I can understand something like the Fleet Ship Modules being one off...you wouldn't want to pass those out like candy.

edited September 2018
    Please take a serious look at this Tier 5 unlock sponsoring or Tier 6 claim project causing the skills to go invalid thing.

I can no longer troubleshoot it on Tribble. The reason being...the program already sees my account as having the unlocks from previous characters so I will never see a clean progression on Rep leveling here. No one that this bug has effected will. Not even on new characters. And we will forever be stuck in that invalid skills loop.

Unless you throw some sort of "do-over" on our characters for that part of the program on us here on Tribble.

This really needs to be fixed before it goes out to Holodeck. Because depending on what is causing it (Tier 5 sponsoring or Tier 6 project claims), it will be hell trying to reset everyone's characters who have Rep at Tier 5 already on Holodeck.

• xuelxuel Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    A 150k rep xp to go from r5 to r6 (times 10 or so reps) is way too much, 100k would be more reasonable . Come on now, it's only 40k to go from r4 to r5. The only way a 150k rep xp would work is if it upgrades all items within rep (projects and store items) to mk xiv ultra rare, in addition to all other boosts that r6 gives.
  • drakemanabanedrakemanabane Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    My biggest grip is the loss of the 'stand by' spaces for events especially as we get hit with a rapid-fire slew of projects ALL THE TIME. So why kill that? I've got several friends who've only been able to slot projects, as they've got such chaotic schedules lately that there's no way they can catch up for several months. This ruins any chance they even had at getting anything close to the near required endgame content.
    mneme0 wrote: »
    I find the amount of grinding necessary to complete reputations with all my characters to be excessive and insulting, to the point I am likely to forego T6 reputations altogether. I will say no more about that, but I also want to give some additional feedback.

Cryptic, you wasted this development time. Unless something changes from what we now see on Tribble, you have squandered the chance to:

* Standardize the gear so that older reputations have appropriate equipment, such as singularity cores, kit modules, and alternate weapon types such as cannons.
    * Provide environmental suits such as Nukara has, or going the other way, balance the Nukara suits to be viable rather than suicide suits,
    * Repair Dyson equipment so proton weapons and consoles work properly.
    * Add additional proton weapons so a Dyson spec would be viable.
    * Add alternative shield sets to other reps such as Omega and Romulan.
    * Add BOFFs like the Omega Borg science officer.
    * Meaningfully improve the UI to minimize mouse and clicking time, which is a barrier to people with certain neuropathies such as myself. A button "fill all reps" would be greatly appreciated. Barring that, a "queue daily project" on each rep's page would be very helpful.
    * Increase the number of project slots so we can queue a whole set rather than two--or now, one--item.
    * Add checklists or other markers so we can easily see what projects we might still want to work on.
    * Add DOFFs that modify specific reputation items or even traits or reputation progression.
    * Create relevant vanity shields. For example, the Terran vanity shield could be an actual Terran Empire-like shield, and the Lukari's could look like Kentari equipment.
    * Standardize the outfits so that armors can be used universally with other outfit pieces, like the Terran and Lukari set do.
    * (more will be added)

As for this I agree on a large portion (not a neuropathy with me just don't want to have to waste money replacing mice) the older sets are nice, but feel extremely lax in the more recent STO environment. Often lacking the right punch or the added benefit of extra set pieces. This extends even beyond the rep sets and into ALL the released sets from Lobi to mission to even Fleet Gear lacking a possible set. The loss of added Fleet advantages is becoming more pronounced as more reps are added. We have a lack of anything resembling an advantage being in a fleet aside from buying some extra traits and consoles. I was excited to see that the old largely useless fleet deflectors were upgraded but disappointed when i saw the 'tactical' holding which wasn't even close.

Am I happy with gear reaching mark XV Epic? Yes, I can say that I am. Am I happy with re-engineering and upgrade systems? No, I feel that some items should be not only upgradeable but also be able to re-engineer them. This is part of where things get a bit tricky I am aware that set gear should be static on it's stats, but what about something a simple as Nelen's Pistol? How about warp cores or singularity?

Sorry, if this feels quite long it's just that I know that I'm not alone in this issue of the older gear getting left behind. Releasing content for the sake of releasing content is no better then so many lesser MMO's out there, we should be better. That's what Star Trek has always been about.
  • otherregotherreg Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I agree with mneme0 about everything.
    I don't understand why the alternative damage to the Gamma reputation is phaser only. We should have, at least, the three main options: disruptor, phaser and plasma. I wanted the missing outfit options from omega reputation back. I was hoping to get a ground set to the flamethrower, but everything we got is a disruptor flamethrower. That's ok, but where is the phaser one? Last, and this is just a dream, I wish we could have a dinosaur BOFF. I wouldn't mind if it didn't have space abilities, or if it had limited weapons.
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    A better way to use the reps a sync might be to do something like what boardlands 2 did with the Badass Ranks,
    Badass Rank is a reward system in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands:
    Badass Tokens
    Earning enough Badass Rank will award a player with a Badass Token, which can then be spent on one of five randomly selected stat upgrades out of a list of 14 possible choices. Less-picked options appear more often, so players are prevented from gaining a wildly unbalanced distribution of tokens. These upgrades affect ALL of a player's characters, present and future.
    Conjecture:
    $ \text{Badass Rank} = \lfloor \left(\text{Badass Tokens}\right)^{1.8} \rfloor $
    This means that to each Badass Token will require a greater increase of Badass Rank than the previous one. However, there is no limit to the Badass Rank or the amount of Tokens that can be earned.
    In Borderlands 2, completion of all challenges (including those specific to DLC) results in 24578 Badass Rank. When starting from 0 Badass Rank, this will provide a total of 274 Badass Tokens.
    In Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, completion of all challenges (including those specific to DLC) results in 12964 Badass Rank. When starting from 0 Badass Rank, this will provide a total of 192 Badass Tokens.
    http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Badass_Rank

Basically spare reps can be used as a permanent stat boost for rewards. It is by design a diminishing returns item sync that has both an effect of boosting damage and yet keeping the damage under control.
    Post edited by tobywitczak on
  • jamesasano89jamesasano89 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    While many of the new weapon types to the sets themselves are great, I hope cryptic exstends that to the standard purchaseble weapons as well for the reputations. And looking over things many of the older sets just dont hold up anymore, sure some pieces of them are used still; but generally as a whole most are not really up to snuff anymore. Specially the dyson sets, now I know the headache that working with proton weapons is for them. Could they at least make the consoles for the reputation more viable or competative with fleet consoles?
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I just patched Tribble...so now I am using the 9/28/2018 version.

I just filled out my Ferasean's Nakura Rep from Tier 5 to Tier 6. He is the one I deleted and copied back over.
    I checked the Skill Tree before I started the "Claim Rep Tier 6" project. It was fine.

Completed the "Claim Rep Tier 6" project and got the reward unlock. I checked the Skill Tree, again. Skills are invalid and I have the "Retrain" button again. THIS time I did not get the notice on the Reputation screen at all....but the Skill tree is still messed up.

Clicked on "Retrain". I got the fly in notification that says "Respec successful" but the status "skills invalid" remains on my skill tree along with the "Retrain" button.

Has this been fixed in the build that went live on Holodeck??? Anyone know?
    It is getting closer and closer to the day players will be finishing T6 Rep over there.

Is there a different build on Tribble, now?

edited October 2018
    OK... I just patched Tribble with whatever patch is on Tribble as of October 18, 2018.... because I wanted to see what would happen to my skill tree when I leveled up a rep to T6.

Not happy to report: still seeing the Skill tree go into an "Invalid" state when I click claim on the T6 Rep project.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

I am going to try one more thing tonight. I know new traits unlock at T6 Rep and the auto update previous versions of the same.

Even though I am filling and updating Gamma Rep from zero points, it is new for my character and I am not using any of that stuff, yet. I am going to try removing all traits from active use before claiming T6 Rep project unlock. See if that changes anything.

edited October 2018
    I was brainstorming with Frtoaster.... and got the thought that maybe you guys changed the way "Respecs" work.

I have to say, I have NEVER got to the point where I filled the entire tree all over again...because Hell that takes forever and I give up in frustration.

Though it does make sense....IF "Respecs" were changed in such a way that players only see "Retrain" as they filled the tree and that "Retrain" can be clicked at any point in the process of filling the tree, so one would NOT have to buy another token to "fix" an error made.

What an inelegant solution, though.

Granted, a player would not have to pay for another "Respec Token" but would have to re-enter every skill point all over, again, from ground zero, every time they hit that "Retrain" button. So, we are stuck with: Don't make any errors!!!!

I will test for this, also. (But ya'know...someone could just mention it changed, somewhere)

Though the issue is Skill Tree should never go into an INVALID mode just for finishing any T6 Reputations.

• grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I like the new tier 6 reps. I agree with captainkoltar on the making it 100k to make it to tier 6. The current amount is alot of grinding.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • cutloose1492cutloose1492 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    when is the updated player rep ui going to be rolled out?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    when is the updated player rep ui going to be rolled out?

When it is ready, maybe the next update. Who knows the ETA on it arriving.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I just went thru and did the 150k in the last 30 days x 9, i can tell you this it was quite exausting to do it every single day. 150k for tier 6 was way too high and way too tedious . i know it likely wont change right now but the reputation system needs work. 30 days for 1 level is a bit too much :).