test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cat ears and tails in the alien-gen character creation.

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
Seriously Cryptic... I would easily shell out $100 for this feature. lol Me and many other (at least among my friends) want to be able to use the cat ears and tails from the Caitians. Or even just the tails. Would instantly become my new main. :p Pretty please? We have seen them on screen even in the Kelvin movies. Star Trek Into Darkness had to girls with cat tails in bed with Kirk. xD
1e3sni150tar.jpg

Comments

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Personally I think if you purchase the cat people you should get access on the alien gen.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    They probably do not have a way of flagging specific parts as pay to play on alien-gen. And if the unlock goes to something in the alien-gen characters, it will be free for all. ???? My guess.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    They probably do not have a way of flagging specific parts as pay to play on alien-gen. And if the unlock goes to something in the alien-gen characters, it will be free for all. ???? My guess.

I would agree with that, but as the tailor bug has shown, and when it was out in its day (patched now) you couldnt use the tails without spending zen, even in that broken tailor. So it seems to be able to work.. :/
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    There are times when I wonder how much money cryptic could make if they would make the unrestricted tailor available for lifetime subscribers. :o
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    The bottom line here is that customization options in the alien toon department could certainly benefit from an update or expanded selection choice. Hair too needs more options and updated visuals, and that should not be too difficult to pull off within their budget or development time.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Well, then the only conclusion would be: someone decided those parts will be locked to Cat people only.

They are having issues in the tailor, now....you could always check to see if a glitch materializes again. LOL! Good luck.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    > @peterconnorfirst said:
    > There are times when I wonder how much money cryptic could make if they would make the unrestricted tailor available for lifetime subscribers. :o

Half naked orion's everywhere. Now with tails!
    Tza0PEl.png
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    nikephorus wrote: »
    > @peterconnorfirst said:
    > There are times when I wonder how much money cryptic could make if they would make the unrestricted tailor available for lifetime subscribers. :o

Half naked orion's everywhere. Now with tails!

LOL yep. Ok you made a good point and I hereby would like to withdraw my input in this thread. :#
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I wish they would add all the Gorn stuff to aliengen or at least allow me to buy the species for other factions.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    While I wouldn't be against this, as many times as this subject has been brought up in the past, there's little doubt that it won't be added anytime soon.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    There are times when I wonder how much money cryptic could make if they would make the unrestricted tailor available for lifetime subscribers. :o
    Less than they'd make if they sold it separately.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Less than they'd make if they sold it separately.

Either way, they're leaving money on the table with not selling an unlock for enforced dress codes and prohibited species parts.

Space Barbie IS the true endgame.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    The Orion females are already half naked? But I'm open to allowing even more skimpiness ...........
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Cryptic could rake in the zen with a "full tailor unlock" ultra-rare lock box token that allows any captain or boff to wear *anything* even if it might clip or disappear. Remove all restrictions, let players live with the rendering bugs.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Cryptic could rake in the zen with a "full tailor unlock" ultra-rare lock box token that allows any captain or boff to wear *anything* even if it might clip or disappear. Remove all restrictions, let players live with the rendering bugs.
    I'd buy that.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I'd be content with some of the hairstyles they have over in Neverwinter, as well as the Fox tail from Champions. Throw in cat or fox ears and I'll be even happier.

But honestly at least give us some of the Neverwinter hairstyles.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    There's no enough long hair styles for male toons.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    They can lock down uniforms, and I'm fairly sure that body gen is pretty much the same as clothing
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • captainrebel78#5049 captainrebel78 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I do find it odd that a Fed Allied Romulan Toon can't wear a Fed Uniform: the same with KDF. We know that tails, ears, and uniform pieces can be done as it has been done before. Having said that, I think that if you have paid for the Catian and their KDF counterpart: that you should be able to use the ears, tails, and even the fur on alien toons. I recall a TNG episode where there was a race that looked like upright walking dogs. While there is way to create a race similar in STO: the details are lacking and the "cat" features would enhance that.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @lexusk19 said:
    > Seriously Cryptic... I would easily shell out $100 for this feature. lol Me and many other (at least among my friends) want to be able to use the cat ears and tails from the Caitians. Or even just the tails. Would instantly become my new main. :p Pretty please? We have seen them on screen even in the Kelvin movies. Star Trek Into Darkness had to girls with cat tails in bed with Kirk. xD

We have never seen cat girls in Star Trek. The ID twins have literally nothing feline about them, no cat ears, no cat eyes and a primate tail. The design process of them never even hinted at them supposed to be feline. The circumstance people think they are Caitians (after the throwaway 'loldon'tcare' statement in an interview) is hilarious, considering how much flak DSCs Klingons got.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • kursed#7599 kursed Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    The bottom line here is that customization options in the alien toon department could certainly benefit from an update or expanded selection choice. Hair too needs more options and updated visuals, and that should not be too difficult to pull off within their budget or development time.
    Hair needs updated for all i think especially the current kitty races. then again i think all races need the ability to use more varied outfits.

Nobody here, but us blue kittens.