1235»

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    jsOsIYh.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    43CdGW8.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    what exactly WAS there to even see in TOS? they were ALWAYS on the frontier of the federation's borders, mostly in regions nowhere near klingon space (aside, of course, from the episodes actually dealing with klingons)...i mean, did they even VISIT any core federation worlds aside from vulcan throughout TOS's run? there was a couple times they ended up at earth, but those were mostly, if not all, time travel episodes​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Okay, now specifically ignoring Cold, who is clearly arguing in bad faith at this point, but addressing several others:

Again, nobody (outside of the "see, this proves it's not Prime!" crowd) ever said that the entire Federation is ignorant of the events of the Battle of the Binary Stars, or Burnham's role (whether real or scapegoat) in them. We don't see the entire Federation in those shows, we see the crew of one ship on active-duty deployment (or, in the case of DS9, one crew, some of whom aren't even from the Federation, deployed on active duty to a remote space station). We've never seen a public celebration of the founding of the Federation, nor a memorial to those fallen in the Earth-Romulan War - does that mean those never happened, or does that just mean we haven't looking in on our TV friends while they're involved in such events?

And while the recent conflict with the Klingons isn't directly referenced in "Errand of Mercy", it's made pretty clear in just the opening dialogue that while there are negotiations ongoing with the Empire, nobody in even the starry-eyed United Federation of Planets really expects them to come to a peaceful conclusion. That's why the Organians had to step in and impose a cease-fire between the sides; if negotiations had a real chance of success, they almost certainly would have merely interdicted their own space, as the Melkotians did, and let us sort the mess out for ourselves.

I mean, if you insist that all significant events from history must be discussed daily aboard the one ship, out of the entire United Federation of Planets, that we're following, then we must conclude that nothing of significance happened between the day NCC-1701 returned from her five-year mission under Kirk, and the day NCC-1701-D left spacedock under the command of Picard, because nobody on TNG ever seemed to mention things like V'ger, or the Genesis Device, or the Whale Probe, or...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...you repeat the same damn strawman and I am arguing in bad faith. Yeah that's a good one jon.

Well, you ignored the second half of my last post for a start.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    Geezus... /Thread

2mXpZ6u.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.