test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 10/18/18

2»

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    AoD seems like such a small addition to STO, I can't understand how it's generating so many issues.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > terranempire#7881 wrote: »
    >
    > GJ on self projecting, thanks. I always run basic on toons that don't have their tier rep traits yet. Only took advantage of getting more marks on this occasion. But by your logic I should only want to run basic until I meet whatever standards you have based on gear rather than competence or skill. Sorry for not restricting myself to lesser rewards during a glitchy bug. Not everyone 'enjoys' grinding T5 for the 16th time. If there is chance of gaining little more for the same Q time I am going to pursue it. Sorry you are unable to understand.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'll ignore the attempted insult and further attempt to clarify as I think we're missing each others meaning here. You say that it's 'my logic' that you should run basic, but my standards and logic have nothing to do with this conversation. You clearly said that the queue in it's 'non broken' mode is too difficult for you, so I made the logical suggestion that you play on an easier setting until you have the ship and equipment needed to play the next difficulty. Notice I specifically avoided any comment on your skill level as I simply don't know that. I advised based on the information I was given, the information that you are struggling when the queue is not in a broken state.
    >
    > And for the record, I have absolutely no problem with the fact that you used the time to cash in and get what you could. In fact, good for you, that was smart. I however, am happy that the queues difficulty is now being fixed because clearly it wasn't working as intended. Now that it's fixed, if the advanced version is too much of a challenge then you should be playing on normal mode. This is not an insult, it's not anyone saying you're a bad player, it's suggesting that you use the game structure as intended, nothing more nothing less.
    >
    > Again, I understand perfectly fine and if you wish to continue with trading insults then I will just wish you luck and exit this conversation now. Regardless of what you might think of my intention, I wish you well and if there is any help I can provide you in the future to help you have an easier time in the higher difficulties then please feel free to ask. Otherwise, have a great day and see you in game.

If the game wants to enforce a rule on noobs and leeching players.... In your own words "players that want to queue in advance in very little gear and be a hinderance on teams because it is too difficult for them to select the correct difficulty" Thanks for that implied compliment. Then you should encourage cryptic to put gear requirements/restrictions in order to enter the advance Q. Or don't ever go into pug if you cannot stand those 'stupid' players.

Only thing I am gulity of is Qing in the bug version and finding it fun/hilarious. You're accusing people without any prior knowledge of doing it as full time job.

Only reason I found it difficult in lower lvls because the team rarely even bother to function as a team.

Have a good day...
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • nolgroth1972nolgroth1972 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    It's not so much "generating" as much as "exposing." The scaling issues have been a problem since I started. The "unequip your slotted gear and dump it into your inventory" issue is the same. While there are new issues, many of the ones being reported as new have been there for a while.

Someone mentioned spaghetti code up thread.
  • dexterbateman416dexterbateman416 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    my type 7 is still missing too, lol. so much for that bug fix. Still, I'm sure they're working on it.
    I don't take sides, I work angles. More choices that way.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    AoD seems like such a small addition to STO, I can't understand how it's generating so many issues.
    The Task Force queue system changes touched a lot of backend services. Same with the whole Mission Journal revamp.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    still nothing about the missing TFOs like romulan imperial minefield being missing off the TFO list. I know it's missing as my KDF took has it there, The bugs in the game seem to grow on each update
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.