test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [February 19th, 2016]

Greetings Captains!

We will be having our scheduled maintenance tomorrow 2/19 at 6AM PST for 3 1/2 hours. You can find the patch notes here.

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Hail Trendy! :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Thanks for the heads-up/reminder Trendy.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    so nothing for the lag/dc's in this small patch with no real fixes :(
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    any word on the dyson science destroyer claiming problem? there is not even an acknowledgment of the problem
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Any word on the fixes to the missing Leeta uniform parts yet?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    usscapital wrote: »
    Even if they will do something (And I suspect that's what this whole maintenance transfer rigmarole was all about) it won't be in the patch notes, for various good reasons.

So we'll just have to wait and see if anything they did works.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    That's what I always do. Wait and see. No sense being a doomsayer.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2016
    usscapital wrote: »

I've found using the proxy servers in the launcher helped with this, its not ideal but its better than nothing.
    dvirbl wrote: »
    any word on the dyson science destroyer claiming problem? there is not even an acknowledgment of the problem

I've reported on it and said as much in a thread in the Gameplay Bug Reports section, however for some people they seem to have missed that they are reclaimed under the events tab of the reputation system, store tab then whatever the account reclaim bit is called (I forget small things like that).

That being said, they still don't seem to have unlocked for everyone so it's possible it won't be there anyway.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2016
    then whatever the account reclaim bit is called (I forget small things like that).

Account Rewards. I've got your back. :tongue:
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    My STO client isn't patching, usually I patch up while waiting for the servers to come back up.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    then whatever the account reclaim bit is called (I forget small things like that).

Account Rewards. I've got your back. :tongue:
    ​​

Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • rarthinrarthin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    My STO client isn't patching, usually I patch up while waiting for the servers to come back up.

Uh that is because the patch isn't deployed yet. Hard to patch your client when they have not completed deployment of the client files patch
  • yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    patch is available now
  • wupteedowupteedo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Can't play Warships due to massive patch (7-10 hours, the entire game it seems). Log on to STO and what a "Friday Patch" and a massive one at that. Is there new content? The Friday patch is disturbing as best, unless they make the "staff" now work on Saturday. Patches should be done on either Tuesday or Wednesday when population is lower and "bugs/problems" can be found and easily fixed during the rest of the week. Qapla'
  • vgaserty618vgaserty618 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It still says the server is down for some reason.
  • rasu#1597 rasu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @vgaserty618 said:
    > It still says the server is down for some reason.

Servers wont be up till 12:30pm est.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Patch yer Tribble too (if ya use it), it's got a 4098 Mb DL for me.
    Looks like the new Skill Tree IS going to be available today.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    rarthin wrote: »
    tom61sto wrote: »

Uh that is because the patch isn't deployed yet. Hard to patch your client when they have not completed deployment of the client files patch

"Posts: 1"

You registered to post that? Odd. The patch is usually available within the first hour of server downtime, unless I'm mis-remembering things. Between a slow connection(come on fiber, finish rolling out in my area), and having to basically start it and let it run the shader compile from having a graphics chipset not being part of the pre-compiled set, I like to start it patching as soon as possible.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    wupteedo wrote: »
    Can't play Warships due to massive patch (7-10 hours, the entire game it seems). Log on to STO and what a "Friday Patch" and a massive one at that. Is there new content? The Friday patch is disturbing as best, unless they make the "staff" now work on Saturday. Patches should be done on either Tuesday or Wednesday when population is lower and "bugs/problems" can be found and easily fixed during the rest of the week. Qapla'

Normal patch day for STO is and always has been Thursday, this week they had some issues arise that forced them to delay the patch to Friday, because TRIBBLE happens, nothing even a teeny tiny bit disturbing about it.

It means they'd have less options if something ended up going hay-wire than if it went live Thursday, and which could potentially mean a bad experience for those that playing on the weekends.
  • embraceofchaosembraceofchaos Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Actully, they put the patch off till today, because yesterday was the switchover for "Time and Tide" rewards.

>>>"What the hell? Romulan Ninja Pirates?<<<
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    STO Holodeck is unlocked!
  • galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Any word on the fixes to the missing Leeta uniform parts yet?!

I've been able to get all parts to show in the editor between the Jupiter and Odyssey sets, but the short shorts still have only two colors...and female Trill cannot wear the hot pants, or their legs vanish :/
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    Can anyone see this comment? Please respond!
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    Cryptic, please close this thread and add to the Release Notes section. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.