test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC and Console Patch Notes for 10/16/18

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 10/16 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours on PC, and 2 hours on Console. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our PC patch notes here.
You can find our Console patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    wow, consoles finally get a patch, unfortunately it fixes/does nothing of importance like fixing the major queue bugs of not being able to do queues as a fire team or the accept/reject/skip option not appearing 80% of the time or even the game breaking bug of a federation jem'hadar character being locked out of being able to play 60% of the game because they can not play/skip the mission "stranded in space"
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    Is there an ETA on Discovery ground weapon from SFA 2256, it currently opens up for space not ground weapons.

I've parked my DSC toon until this is sorted as I want to get some ground gear before I progress further.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Fixing the no-spawn in SB-1 TFO, Yay!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Disappointed to find no fix for the missing type 7 shuttle which I claimed during a TNG Anniversary.
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    The notes seem to be missing "Made the Hurq Swarmer hangar pets not suck" as an entry... I'll be your best friend if you make that a legitimate line in the next patch notes!
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    • Updated the final cutscene in the episode “Downfall”, to no longer be skippable.
    Glad I won't be running this again any time soon. Real sick of unskippable cut scenes that have zero purpose after watching it once.
  • ukgouki#7276 ukgouki Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    wow, consoles finally get a patch, unfortunately it fixes/does nothing of importance like fixing the major queue bugs of not being able to do queues as a fire team or the accept/reject/skip option not appearing 80% of the time or even the game breaking bug of a federation jem'hadar character being locked out of being able to play 60% of the game because they can not play/skip the mission "stranded in space"

this is why ill be taking another month off the game then i can play games that dont lock you out of 90% of the content....
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    No fix for the missing New Romulus assignments, I see.
  • cerberus#4827 cerberus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    still no fix for the female disco uniform collars....really messing up color scheme
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Still no fix for the console queue issue!

Was hoping that the delay to the breach event was an indication that something was in the works to sort it and given the length of the breach compared to CC it was thought better to delay for a fix.

And on the topic of consoles...

What red alerts are you talking about moving to weekends only? Surely not the ones that were already weekends only? Do we detect more lazy copy pasting from PC notes?
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I gotta ask, was this an unscheduled maintenance or is Tuesday going to be the new day for weekly maintenance for PC?

Waking up early, hoping to get daily tasks out of the way only to find I have less than 20 minutes before shutdown is not a great way to start the day. I get it, stuff is broke and needs fixed and I'm cool with that. I'm simply curious.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • bellydancer42bellydancer42 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Is there an ETA on Discovery ground weapon from SFA 2256, it currently opens up for space not ground weapons.

I've parked my DSC toon until this is sorted as I want to get some ground gear before I progress further.

I've filed a ticket, and created a thread here, in the forums: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1244405/aod-ground-equipment-vendor-doesnt-sell-ground-weapons

This was the answer:
    Hello @bellydancer42 , This is currently a known issue. Thank you for your understanding.

Makes one wonder if the "Known Issues" section in the patch notes are some kind of "Best of Known Issues"...
  • bellydancer42bellydancer42 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    still no fix for the female disco uniform collars....really messing up color scheme

This one really is a little annoying, as the "shirt simple" uses another color palette than the discovery uniforms, and it's therefore impossible to get it to match.
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that prevented Discovery captains from getting their first complement of Duty Officers from Lt. Ferra.

Thank you.
    Now between what I've already gotten from the Personnel Officer and a few other sources, I can start dumping some of those annoying Emergency Holo DOffs.
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    • Updated the final cutscene in the episode “Downfall”, to no longer be skippable.
    Glad I won't be running this again any time soon. Real sick of unskippable cut scenes that have zero purpose after watching it once.

It's seems I'm not the only one tired of unnecessary cutscene. Especially those the always interrupt you while you're fighting just to show a ship has warped in. Just have the ship warp in without a cutscene. As for forcing us to watch the cutscenes, well, once is enough. They honestly aren't that good to sit through multiple times.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that prevented Discovery captains from getting their first complement of Duty Officers from Lt. Ferra.
    Anything in particular I should do to get them? No mission from Ferra (I went to the SF Academy to check), no mission in the log. Did the fix not work, or I need to get it triggered somehow?
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    guljarol wrote: »
    Anything in particular I should do to get them? No mission from Ferra (I went to the SF Academy to check), no mission in the log. Did the fix not work, or I need to get it triggered somehow?
    I think the idiots forgot to trigger it for those of us who have gone past lvl 11.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Heck a lot of resolves with this latest patch so that is progress. Cryptic, keep that momentum rolling.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    dragnridr wrote: »

It's seems I'm not the only one tired of unnecessary cutscene. Especially those the always interrupt you while you're fighting just to show a ship has warped in. Just have the ship warp in without a cutscene. As for forcing us to watch the cutscenes, well, once is enough. They honestly aren't that good to sit through multiple times.

Yeah I'm also currently on "WHY?!?!?!?!". We do not need any more unskippable cutscenes.

Listen I know you guys worked hard on them and you want us to enjoy them, but forcing us to view them is not gonna do that. It's just gonna irritate us all no end. And this is now one more mission for the "one and done" pile.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    iamynaught wrote: »
    I gotta ask, was this an unscheduled maintenance or is Tuesday going to be the new day for weekly maintenance for PC?

Nope. We just usually get more patches right after a major content release because of the number of bugs produced that they are squashing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Maintenance is now complete. Thanks for your patience!
This discussion has been closed.