test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Updating ground builds post VIL and AoD

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,319 Arc User
Following this topic for Sompek builds it may be time to look at ground builds again.
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1237466/house-of-sompek-round-100-victor-tactical-ground-build

With the Gamma reputation and Random TFO ground builds have become a little more important.

I encourage everyone to post links to ground build topics (onsite and offsite) and share your latest ideas for tac, sci and engineer.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Comments

• Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I posted on that link in January - I'm not sure a whole lot has changed since then, as Sompek is still exactly the same. I can't really speak for sci and eng, but I think tac has some great new gear that I'm eager to try in the arena. The gamma rep ground gear is awesome. The kit is gonna be very good for a team-wide bonus. Right now I'm using the 3-piece - the set gives 10% dmg bonus for each team member, up to 50% bonus, plus dmg resistance. The ground traits from the gamma rep are also very good, one to boost damage and another boosting kit performance.

As far as the new Hur'q ground gear, I'm not liking it so far. It might fit into some builds, I guess. The resonance device gives a nice AOE but it takes forever to throw it. The lure is ok, and might work well with the hive defenses trait to get a huge mob of creatures going.

The magma kit from the summer event I believe is probably the best new thing going for tac - that will be awesome to test in Sompek and hilarious to watch enemies drown in an ocean of lava.

I would be interested to know how the latest lobi stuff is, the crossbow weapon looks like it might be good, and Hur'q gun also looks like it could be good.

• Options
    aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Your suggestions sound great, but man I can't imagine running HoS that high? I've got a Tactical Klingon on this Gt that has Lvl 71 and I thought that achievement was pretty snazzy, damned difficult, and a hell of a slog. I would credit the team that I was part of to have earned that level, particularly my fleet leader at the time, had the jerk not eventually scuttled our fleet without notice and kicked everyone to the curb for us to seek asylum elsewhere.
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Your suggestions sound great, but man I can't imagine running HoS that high? I've got a Tactical Klingon on this Gt that has Lvl 71 and I thought that achievement was pretty snazzy, damned difficult, and a hell of a slog. I would credit the team that I was part of to have earned that level, particularly my fleet leader at the time, had the jerk not eventually scuttled our fleet without notice and kicked everyone to the curb for us to seek asylum elsewhere.

The only way to get to round 100 is in a well-coordinated premade. Getting to 100 in a pug would be a crazy achievement. I like to pug Sompek for the extra challenge - a lot of times you get players who spend half the time face down on the ground, or you get ones with no heals. Seen one guy in there with no shield once, he got roasted in chat to say the least...