test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can no longer see next project in "Reputation" tab

frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
Holodeck ticket 4,766,734 (submitted on 10/14/2018)

Before "Age of Discovery", you could see two reputation projects per row, the current project and the next project. The "Reputation" tab was changed in "Age of Discovery" to show only the current project. I recall having projects from previous events, such as "Crystalline Cataclysm", "Mirror Invasion", and "Unto the Breach", in the next project slots on some characters, but I can no longer tell which ones. It is unclear to me whether these projects are simply hidden or whether they've been deleted.

Screenshot

https://i.imgur.com/0ypEpZ1.png

Steps to reproduce

1. Log on to any character with projects from previous events.
2. Press the U key. Click on the "Reputation" tab and then the "Events" subtab.
3. Notice that you can no longer see the next project slots.
Waiting for a programmer ...
qVpg1km.png

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    They removed it. Saw that change on Tribble
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    They removed it. Saw that change on Tribble

Yes, I know they removed it. The question is: Are the old projects gone or just hidden?

I actually looked at the new "Reputation" tab while it was on Tribble. I guess I should have paid more attention, but at the time, all I could see were the ugly overlapping UI elements.

Tribble ticket 4,760,644: Overlapping UI elements in the "Reputation" tab
    qVpg1km.png
    edited October 2018
    I think they are gone. Because when I was on Tribble, leveling rep to look at the vanity shields, I was able to slot a second project for a time but could not see them.

Shortly after I complained the second project was slotting but I could not see them, they changed it so no second project would slot at all.

I think it got changed because they did not intend for players to use those second project slots as place markers to hold previous event projects for later. Well, maybe not intended, but it effectively prevents it, now.....if they made every rep act in the same way.

I am not sure if they have those event tokens available on the Drozana console on Tribble....But try it over there???

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    as for old project. you have a second tab, if you have an old project from before (edit to clarify: slotted proper. "in progress"/unfinished even if empty) you can slot on the other tab. won't work ofc on same day (so only if you have an unfinished one, you can add new on the next day if you like)

edit to clarify: correct, one can not really preslot - beside the special case noted above in which you simply practically have two active project, while you ACTIVELY slot (not really a pre-slot) a new one and have still one of a previous day (unfinished/in progress etc) and one new. Just like event project. and I wonder if guild projects are similarly affected or not? <no idea>

P.S.
    I had issue with reward box, but not caring so much about that.

ah, you mean old PRE slots. I don't know/remember. No longer very relevant though anymore IMO if you continued slotting meanwhile on same rep since.
    Would every player running rep projects and, "preload" (I guess, that is a better way to call that) a second project across all their characters for all 12 reps at the same time, hinder performance of their program?

I know there are complaints of a UI slow down as it is, now. Would preload of second project could have possibly made it worse?

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    ah yes and today couldn't slot a second one when one already existed, as well though finished today two projects - old. maybe it was changed again (likely) or has some other prerequirements :P (unlikely)

P.S. you couldn't really preload but if you couldn't finish one you could slot another on OTHER day as I understood. However I think you can't anymore.

Personally I am not going to deliberately grind and spend 9M*per char ec from start or 5.4M*all my chars ec from T5 all, will just slot as have ec, 1st priority is T5. I don't know what others do, and yes I know the junk you get from reputation may give return, but it's a hassle and not always full return and also not always it worth it to fill your inventory then get rid of the mess or have it block the places you have.

Also only will have more slotting actions in admiralty and possibly even doffing and R&D accros my all chars than for those 12 reps per chars since I'll do this very sphoradically.

*feeding the edit monster

Edited yet again: Still could add new projects again when some old projects exited (not pre-slotting per se, but using second slot for other day's slotting) but not in all cases, allegedly. I don't know the condition maybe it's some time out I don't know.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    After doing some testing on Tribble, I think the old event projects may have been deleted, but I can't be certain, because I can't tell which characters had old projects in the next project slots and which didn't. It would be nice if a dev would confirm what happened with the old projects.
    qVpg1km.png
  • snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Assuming the "Events" projects (Crystalline, Breach, Sompek, etc) work the same as the 12 Tier'd projects (Gamma, Omega, Nukara, etc), then your second/next/preloaded/on-deck/etc project is just hidden and not gone, at least for now.

I say this because I had 2 Daily/Hourly projects slotted/stacked for each and every one of the 12 Tier'd reputations when AoD released. When I collected rewards for the completed (aka "active") Daily and Hourly projects, the preloaded Daily/Hourly projects became the new active project for that slot.

I don't currently have a toon that has stacked projects in the Events reputation, who also has enough Event Items to complete the project to confirm whether preloaded Events projects are also hidden.