test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Horizontal Line

realclarealcla Member Posts: 22 Arc User
I know I am not the only one getting this horizontal line on the first floor of the promenade at DS9. Here is a pic.

screenshot_2018-06-06-23-27-50_zpshtmhe18k.jpg

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Nope you are not the only one. I saw it too... I reported it on the DS9 thread.

But then I went and checked K-7, Fleet Starbase, Risa Resort (that was as far as I got because...) and they all have the same line only those are WAY up high in the air...so not as noticeable

Also....I can not see that line with Lighting 2.0 ON.

osYt6Qf.jpg
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Yep I've seen this on some maps too.
    It appears they didn't test something or another with Lighting 2.0 off
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    You know, looking at the pic I took... it kinda reminds me of this thing I learned in art in school (I know, you kids don't get to learn art and music in public school any more)... it was called an "infinity line".

It was supposed to help artists keep things in size (perspective wise) as objects got farther away...I think that is how it is defined. Anyhoo...you aren't supposed to be able to SEE it, though.

There was something else called a "horizon line", but that was how far back you could see. That would probably apply more to someplace like Risa, though.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    We, also, did NOT have computers back then, so I am sure it is somewhat adapted from the form I learned it as.

(I am shocked I can even remember something I learned in Elementary school, now...I am 53yo, after all. At least, it is a sign my brain is still up there, somewhere. Do not ask me about math.)

• Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    It shows on my bridge as well...

[img][/img]Gab1fzi.jpg
  • Options
    Looks like it is still present. I hope they can fix this soon.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Been seeing this all over the place, but not on the new DS9. Probably because it's nearly pitch black in there. And yes, I've tried the workarounds others have posted, but none work for me. So I just stumble thru DS9 and hope I find the right place to go.

Anyway, I also run Lighting 1.0 since 2.0 bogs my system down too much in queues and some missions. I don't want to turn it on/off all the time so I go with what gives the best performance all around. This line though is kind of annoying. It doesn't break anything that I'm aware of, but it sure is distracting.

Actually, in Boldly They Rode, this could be responsible for the lower half of DS9 not being visible during the final space battle for me.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    I am seeing this weird line pretty much everywhere, too.

Other than using Lighting 1.0 (same reason Lighting 2.0 slows everything down), I am not sure what is causing it, NOW. Where as before ViL, I was not seeing this.

• Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I've seen this line too: at Starfleet Academy (on the bridges and the four pillars), at Klingon Academy (in the bank, mail, and Exchange room), at the Romulan flotilla (in the bank and mail room). The only way I've found to get rid of it is to turn on Lighting 2.0.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Not have such lines - using a Geforce GT440 -( i know a bit outdated ) with Lightning 1. Maybe u guys all use AMD/ATI Cards?

Oh - Driver is 27.October 2017 - Version 23 21.128813
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • Options
    Not have such lines - using a Geforce GT440 -( i know a bit outdated ) with Lightning 1. Maybe u guys all use AMD/ATI Cards?

Oh - Driver is 27.October 2017 - Version 23 21.128813

Nope. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M.
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    I got a NVIDIA GeForce something something or another, too.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    I made a new Jem'Hadar yesterday and saw the same horizontal line in the tutorial. Here are screenshots I took of the ugly horizontal line in the part of the tutorial called "Ceremony".

https://imgur.com/a/4y91Vde
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    Known issue and ignored since ViL launched.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    rybaksix wrote: »
    Known issue and ignored since ViL launched.

Just because it is a known issue does not mean it has been ignored. Some of these bugs are not simple fixes especially when it comes to the game's coding.

Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Here is a screenshot of New Romulus Command.

screenshot_2018-06-21-00-50-13_zpsg0euoawd.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2018
    realcla wrote: »
    Here is a screenshot of New Romulus Command.

I saw this yesterday with my character on New Rom Cmd. Isn't it strange you can see that line ON THE WINDOWS...but not on any of the MONITORS that are hanging on same wall? Same with the other monitor hanging on a different wall in the same room....line goes across the wall, stops at the monitor, continues on the other side of monitor.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    It looks like the Horizontal Line on DS9 is gone. Have not had time to check other places, yet.

No more lines at New Romulus Command.
    No more lines inside or outside buildings at Risa.
    No more lines inside the bank or the offices in the Great Hall of First City.
    No more lines inside buildings of Star Fleet Academy.....

Except @frtoaster you are not going to like it that ALL the skylight windows and some shadows on the buildings when you look at them from outside are blinking. That may have something to do with Discovery having a different map for Tutorials and the program is getting confused.

I assume all the horizontal line problems are gone now. Because I really don't wanna make another Jem'Hadar so I can check for lines inside the ship in their tutorial. LOL!

I am off to go make lunches. So... someone else can take over. LOL!
    Post edited by where2r1 on