test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Inaccessible mission replay

Previously available late game story arcs now inaccessible, even though i played those already. All grayed out, and group queue missions now seems to be mandatory for arc progression. If that is an intended feature, please consider otherwise.

Comments

• saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, I think, that group queues should really be removed from episodes.
    STO was easy, light game and it was one that not forced team up.
    Now there seems to be mandatory team up missions, that are even bugged
    (just tried defending starbase one, and could not finish it).
    Lucky me they are skippable.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    As one else said (a developer? sorry I don't remember), though he was specific with requirements/non skippable missions,

In short, go to the 1st tab and from THERE and up in tab, skip all missions you can (and "have" to), even those you did/skip before (AND skip or accept TFO and galaxy at large if applicable), and do the short normally non skippable missions if not ever done yet.

1st quest in an arc is usually mandatory and non skippable - unless done before.
    TFO (and galaxy at large for feds) is a requirement to advance, but accepting and skipping it should be also enough. I would also (chose faction if applicable,) do some last quests in line such as darkness before down and neutral no more as applicable. Small package or something like that, may be mandatory non skippable too.

go up in the tabs one by one this way - ALL THE WAY UP until when you want to stop.

Longer answer:
    You will discover you can even skip yesterday's war, acts of kobali once spoke to the general (you DO have to go to Kobali), future proof, new frontiers, gamma and the last line even, if you like. NR line also behaves differently though, even if you can skip things beside the New Romulus Aid - 1st quest in the line is mandatory. (As said, also accept/skip all TFO quests in the lines you mean to skip/advance on). You may also discover you can go to NR, Solanea sphere and Delta & Kobali earlier than you thought, and even skip further all the way up after visiting kobali and speaking with the general, if not done yet ever.

I have done so successfully for all my (pre AoD) chars which have done the 1st and second line, can't comment about any non skippable klingon's war etc missions though.

P.S.
    As some said, (I've never tried such a char) - if you really want to play a discovery char (as a discovery char), better just play it and don't skip the initial missions unless you want to miss some stuff uniqe to it or which were changed in AoD.

If in tutorial, do finish tutorial 1st, and if a KDF you may have additional ~3 missions beside the tutorial to complete, probably. Romulan faction members may have from the ashes line to finish before choosing faction and playing neutral no more. Fed MAY have some klingon's war missions which are unskippable - I don't know - just do those if needed.

Some details may be off, but this is the idea.
    *feeding the edit monster, just in case :)
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Yeah, but even standard Fed got some TFOs in Episodes Arc.
    Now, imagine Recruitment Event - you want to finish Klingon War Arc and claim the reward (and unlock account reward).
    But you can not start the 1 TFO that is at the (almost) end of the Arc, because all other players go already to later Episodes,
    and no one queues for the one you need to finish.
  • pwemademedothispwemademedothis Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Not being able to get to the missions I'd like to play because they are newly inaccessible without replaying other content is making this gaming session work instead of play.

No thanks.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @voiddweller#2714 , Depending on your progress and your faction. Here is an example guide on how to re-unlock the replay of missions
    For your federation character try clearing or skipping:
    Klingon war arc : TFO : minefield, the galaxy at large.
    Romulan Mystery: heading out, TFO: Romulan mystery
    Cardassian Struggle: lost and found, TFO: Cardassian Struggle
    Borg advance: Report on borg activities, TFO: Borg advance
    New Romulus: New romulus AID, TFO: New romulus

Fed-Rom
    Clear From the ashes arc if you have not done so already
    Allies: Complete Bigger picture if you have not so already
    IN shadows: An Inside job, clear this if you have not done so already
    Wasteland: Clear secrets of nimbus
    Vengeance: Clear Voice of the Voiceless, Small Packages
    Freedom: Clear Toward Freedom, skip TFO: Romulan Mystery

Klingon:
    Empire: clear Duties of command, The hunt is on, Space chase,

Do let me know if that helps. The tfo's can be skipped, some minor missions are required as they are hand-offs between arcs
    edited October 2018
    I think those who were doing the quests before can very easily just accept/skip all until the point they were in. Since they have already done the non skippable quests.

Though it's really an unneeded hassle, I would completely agree (it's easy but shame it's needed IMO)

P.S.
    Don't worry the TFO are acceptable and skippable. Regarding those, just accept AND skip those just in case, if needing to go further...

Ah, sorry, Klingon's war for reward became shorter but does include the TFO for rewards, I understand now what you meant. (I don't know how probes goes after AoD, since already finished that line, but requirements for Klingon's War line changed regarding mission requirements - it's much shorter but now with TFO too)
    edited October 2018
    I think your Jem'Hadar has blocking missions allegedly now too (chrian said which!), like the other chars. did you do those? If not, do (some missions which you hadn't played before, are non skippable by intention. Jem's start from tutorial (mandatory) and chose faction and then they have the gamma line all the way including "home" (those are must do - at least recently) and only then they go up through their fed/kdf lines and up from there. Which chrian explain regarding blocking missions there.)

More generally, if you ALREADY did all blocking missions, you can just skip one quest by another as applicable, all the way up.
    dont do all the missions if you already did the blocking one. just skip FROM THE BEGGINING. from 1st tab, al the missions down, tab after another.

accept/skip (I would do BOTH) all TFO (and galaxy at large as well - I would do this though as it's only talking to Quinn, but skip+accept is enough and probably skip too)

Skip all possible to skip! one by one. is enough to get to the point you were.

*changed the order of lines to emphasize something, so adding this line to feed the edit monster. I am sorry your post was eaten I know this is not productive and very frustrating - sorry for hard work lost.

P.S.
    I speculate this is in fixing for new characters though unless I misunderstood last patch notes. Still older chars can skip if already overcame the blocking quests before AoD hits.

• voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Hello @voiddweller#2714 , Depending on your progress and your faction. Here is an example guide on how to re-unlock the replay of missions
    For your federation character try clearing or skipping:
    Klingon war arc : TFO : minefield, the galaxy at large.
    Romulan Mystery: heading out, TFO: Romulan mystery

Fed-Rom
    Clear From the ashes arc if you have not done so already
    Allies: Complete Bigger picture if you have not so already
    IN shadows: An Inside job, clear this if you have not done so already
    Wasteland: Clear secrets of nimbus
    Vengeance: Clear Voice of the Voiceless, Small Packages
    Freedom: Clear Toward Freedom, skip TFO: Romulan Mystery

Klingon:
    Empire: clear Duties of command, The hunt is on, Space chase,

Do let me know if that helps. The tfo's can be skipped, some minor missions are required as they are hand-offs between arcs

Forum deleted my response during edit, again...
    This only works for a toon that done all arcs already, bur previously Dyson, Future Proof, Cardassian Sruggle and New Romulus content were accessible without completion of an early game content, just had a level requirement. Current situation forces my Jem Hadar toon to start from very beginning, even though i nearly done Future Proof arc. New Romulus missions is also broken for him, got no reputation reward from Secrets of the Ancients, no mark reward from a mountain pass mission. Same issues wiyj other toons. All low level toons that had access to completed late-game missions during events now lost it. Nothing can be bypassed, because there is non-skippable missions, and completion of early arcs is now mandatory.
    I think your Jem'Hadar has blocking missions allegedly now too (chrian said which!), like the other chars. did you do those? If not, do (some missions which you hadn't played before, are non skippable by intention. Jem's start from tutorial (mandatory) and chose faction and then they have the gamma line all the way including "home" (those are must do - at least recently) and only then they go up through their fed/kdf lines and up from there. Which chrian explain regarding blocking missions there.)

More generally, if you ALREADY did all blocking missions, you can just skip one quest by another as applicable, all the way up.
    dont do all the missions if you already did the blocking one. just skip FROM THE BEGGINING. from 1st tab, al the missions down, tab after another.

accept/skip (I would do BOTH) all TFO (and galaxy at large as well - I would do this though as it's only talking to Quinn, but skip+accept is enough and probably skip too)

Skip all possible to skip! one by one. is enough to get to the point you were.

*changed the order of lines to emphasize something, so adding this line to feed the edit monster. I am sorry your post was eaten I know this is not productive and very frustrating - sorry for hard work lost.

P.S.
    I speculate this is in fixing for new characters though unless I misunderstood last patch notes. Still older chars can skip if already overcame the blocking quests before AoD hits.

Point is, it was possible to skip most of an early game content if your level high enough, now it's not. This is bad. Very bad.
    For example my fed romulan did Dyson arc, but not Borg Advance arc, and now can't progress to Delta arc without completing borg Arc. Logic fails...
    And age of discovery is accessible by all toons.
    Oh my! Just found out that part of a cardassian and full breen arc is gone! Just disappeared from my fed romulan mission list!
    edited October 2018
    visit ds9 and defera maybe will bring you *1st* quest of those
    (second wave and cold I forgot what)

p.s.
    you may like visiting nimbus III for some wasteland quests (people report an issue with installation 18 though?) and drozana for spectres too.

Those are not "mandatory" quests but I guess it still can affect probes collections/wasteland/breen/spectres line for recruit *no real idea*?
    visit ds9 and defera maybe will bring you *1st* quest of those
    (second wave and cold I forgot what)

p.s.
    you may like visiting nimbus III for some wasteland quests (people report an issue with installation 18 though?) and drozana for spectres too.

Those are not "mandatory" quests but I guess it still can affect probes collections/wasteland/breen/spectres line for recruit *no real idea*?
    I see no logic reason to hide those missions from players, and how they different from others. And if those skippable, why the rest is not? Wtf?
    edited October 2018
    I didn't say second wave and that cold thingy missions are skippable. But the whole block is "optional" for non recruits I presume
    I don't see the logic either. I like it that my alt could "do everything" and isn't blocked despite me fearing it would be,

But I still agree with you. It makes things tedius, and harder/less intuitive. After all it looks like delta/AoY recruits are still supposed to finish those.
    Still, as said, at least we don't have to re-do blocking missions which were already done. (As for the Jem's it's not a new change but there was a change it seems which made missions non skippable and also prevented access to NR - for some / from some point of time - unless you clear the way up)

Your Jem shouldn't have to do wasteland/spectres/breen/second wave bunch of missions etc, I assume, unless wanting to.
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @chrian#9670 thank you for that list, but here's the thing: the stated intention of the Journal revamp this time, as revealed by devs on livestreams, was to 'play the missions you want, when you want'...gating missions behind others goes against this, and especially when those gates are blocking us from replaying already unlocked content. Every one of my characters that have run FE's in the past are now blocked from replaying them (read 'the missions I want') immediately (read 'when I want'), because I have to go back and find what missions are now blocking that 'Replay' button from being shown.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2018
    Hello @majorhalcyon , The added ability of doing missions when you want was added with the ability to skip almost all missions. The only non-skippable ones should be just the hand-offs between arcs. Which are usually just go talk to an npc or drop an npc off. If you have found any Full missions that are not able to be skipped do let me know.
    edited October 2018
    Hello @majorhalcyon , The added ability of doing missions when you want was added with the ability to skip almost all missions. The only non-skippable ones should be just the hand-offs between arcs. Which are usually just go talk to an npc or drop an npc off. If you have found any Full missions that are not able to be skipped do let me know.
    Well, thanks. I figured it out, but this is a completely obscured knowledge. Still i have not tried yet to skip an "endgame" missions by low lvl character, to have access to previously played missions, but it doesn't seem possible, and even if it is, it still requires quite a lot of flying and running around, because not everything can be skipped.
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User

It's not about the ability to skip missions or not; it's about having previously run FE's now being unavailable to replay, as they were the day before AoD launched. They have been taken away by putting everything behind a progression that was not there before (and now not just because of storyline missions, but TFO missions as well). The only block was getting to the mission if you hadn't done them before; now it's being blocked if you have, which was not the case before AoD launched, and again, goes against this 'play what you want, when you want'. Well, I'd like to be able to replay these missions I had access to on Monday, that now I no longer do since Tuesday...
    edited October 2018
    It's not about the ability to skip missions or not; it's about having previously run FE's now being unavailable to replay, as they were the day before AoD launched. They have been taken away by putting everything behind a progression that was not there before (and now not just because of storyline missions, but TFO missions as well). The only block was getting to the mission if you hadn't done them before; now it's being blocked if you have, which was not the case before AoD launched, and again, goes against this 'play what you want, when you want'. Well, I'd like to be able to replay these missions I had access to on Monday, that now I no longer do since Tuesday...
    Yeah, you CAN unlock any mission from start, after tutorial, but this require flying around three sectors on warp 5. Not so easy actually.
    Generally, this is an improvement, yet still there is some annoyances, like unskippable New Romulus intro, and other meaningles introductions to things you have seen so many times already...
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    It's not about the ability to skip missions or not; it's about having previously run FE's now being unavailable to replay, as they were the day before AoD launched....<snip>.....I had access to on Monday, that now I no longer do since Tuesday...

THIS.

This will be the second time I have had to do this for my "main" characters.

I just got done getting them all unlocked and getting rid of the cut scene on New Romulus after the last time they moved that story arc around. LOL! Along with completing Yesterday's War which was all over the place, impeding everything.

Here I am back at it, again....only this time with Borg.

The biggest problem by far is: Available tab DOES NOT SHOW this status of missions you never touched. But the rules remain as if they were still in the Story Arc/main Episode tab (missions blocked because previous missions not completed)...but players have no way of seeing this. All we see is titles and NPC names.

If the "Replay" or "Hail" was not toggled on the mission previous to it being moved over to the Available list, players can't see it. The "introductory" mission is moved to another pile all together (the NPC/mission giver pile). How in the hell am I supposed to know or remember which NPC the contact is for those missions? If I never done them?

THEN, they are out of sequence!!! Which do I do first to unlock the next??? 2800 or Breen? What arc does "D'Tan : Secrets" unlock for my Romulan???? Is it the same NPC Contact for my Federation or Klingon characters???

Yeah, it isn't just a matter of sliding things over. You guys have your handy dandy cheat sheets....but we don't. YOU need to add info to that Available tab that is not there, yet. Or it won't make sense to current players lagging behind OR new players trying to "unlock" things in the wrong order.

Can you please REMOVE all the BLOCKS everywhere and get them out of the way? OR make another mission journal tab as a copy of the main Episode tab with "Optional/ Extra" missions with intros in sequence?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • thenewadamthenewadam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hi, the entire episode for Solanae Dyson Sphere and The Iconian War are greyed out and inaccessible. Please help.