test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Discovery Klingon options?

wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
So am I missing something here? I logged on and there were no options to make my Klingon look like the Discovery Klingons. Fine, I assumed that maybe if I played through the story it would unlock it like the TOS expansion. Still nothing. I thought it was said on a live stream we would get this as a choice.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    That's because there are no Klingons in Discovery, they are Darkelf's
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • madmart6909#9946 madmart6909 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    thank God for small favors Don't want to see any of those abominations any way
  • dbriggs304dbriggs304 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Considering we know so very little about them from Discovery's POV, I can see why.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I'm sure the cosmetic options are coming later.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    That's because there are no Klingons in Discovery, they are Darkelf's
    nay, that's the Romulans. Remember; Klingawnz r Stoopet.
    That or EEEE-vile. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • dogmaticusdogmaticus Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I love the DSC Klingons - they finally seem like a proud race of strong (and smart!) warriors, rather than space-morons always looking for brawl (it's a more appropriate term than a "battle" in their case).

Apparently Klingons are getting their hair back in season 2 of DSC, and they already try to explain that the ones we saw in season 1 were only a part of the empire, a cast or whatever. Anyway - if you add hair to the new Klingons, they still look alien, but are very close to the Klingon look from TNG.

But yes - I hope we get the cosmetic options soon.
  • bladinatorbladinator Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    honestly those Klingons wouldn't be so bad if they gave them the appropriate skin color and hair. the weird variations of gray is really odd and if you gave them the appropriate brown skin I feel like it would work so much better for their identity as klingons
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Soon (tm)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Yes, Soon™
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Isn't it obvious in the TRIBBLE "re-imagined" canon, that the developers/writers/CBS:

(1) forgot that Klingons were warriors before the Humans had space flight;

(2) forgot that Klingons were expanding their Empires, some 1,500 years before first contact with the Federation in 2218 ("Day of the Dove" (TOS-S3E66));

(3) TRIBBLE had to dumb it all down for the glory of the colonial expansion of the Federation.

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    dogmaticus wrote: »
    I love the DSC Klingons - they finally seem like a proud race of strong (and smart!) warriors, rather than space-morons always looking for brawl (it's a more appropriate term than a "battle" in their case).

Apparently Klingons are getting their hair back in season 2 of DSC, and they already try to explain that the ones we saw in season 1 were only a part of the empire, a cast or whatever. Anyway - if you add hair to the new Klingons, they still look alien, but are very close to the Klingon look from TNG.

But yes - I hope we get the cosmetic options soon.

Same tbh. I've always wondered how the hell the Klingons achieved space travel, much less anything else. With Disco I could see it.
    Not to mention they've been inconsistent with themselves in canon since the early days of the show, so I really don't know why people are whining.

Oh wait, I know why. No need to TRIBBLE at me about it.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    The cosmetic options will be coming later after it’s revealed why they look different in season 2
    maddscott wrote: »
    Isn't it obvious in the TRIBBLE "re-imagined" canon, that the developers/writers/CBS:

(1) forgot that Klingons were warriors before the Humans had space flight;

(2) forgot that Klingons were expanding their Empires, some 1,500 years before first contact with the Federation in 2218 ("Day of the Dove" (TOS-S3E66));

(3) TRIBBLE had to dumb it all down for the glory of the colonial expansion of the Federation.
    Except it's canon that their expansion efforts ground to a halt centuries ago.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    I can't wait to get my hands on them in game.

I plan to make a new KDF toon looking like a DSC Klingon
    JtaDmwW.png
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    I expect them, like JJ's klingons in the lock-box. So save your lobi.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    wilv wrote: »
    I assumed that maybe if I played through the story it would unlock it like the TOS expansion. Still nothing. I thought it was said on a live stream we would get this as a choice.

I have a ToS toon and I don't have the option to make a tos klink where or how is this option available.?
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Will we be getting new Andorian,Tellarite and Suarian tailor options too? Pretty please
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

Will we be getting new Andorian,Tellarite and Suarian tailor options too? Pretty please
    From what I've heard... eventually.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    I can't wait to get my hands on them in game.

I plan to make a new KDF toon looking like a DSC Klingon

so you're excited to make your very first Klingon ever.

that is...nice.

you DO realize you can get the look using aliengen and the tailor, right? and that if you use Na'kuhl parts you'll get 99% of the build right there.

That's not the same though. Stop being such a party pooper.​​
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
This discussion has been closed.