test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game has lost "highlights" and lighter coloured effects.

lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
So my game seems to have somehow lost all of the highlight lighting effects so that everything seems to be in shadow, making the game look darker.
It's really noticeable on the login screen where the wormhole in the background only renders the darker parts and the glowy center parts are missing. Tried force verifying and it did nothing.
Any ideas what the cause is or how to solve this?

[img][/img]ul1Yxva.jpg
SulMatuul.png

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    That looks very similar to the issue I'm having.

In my case, the brightness level will not stay where I have saved it. Oh sure, when I open the Display tab in my options, it's still set to 100%, but as soon as I adjust it, either up or down, the screen gets noticeably brighter. So I set it back to 100%, apply and save and go about playing.

But if I close the game down, the next time I start it up I have to go through the process again. It may not take long, a matter of maybe 10 seconds at most, but it is annoying. I've bugged it several times, commented about it on the forums and nothing fixed yet.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Glad i'm not the only one. I don't think I've touched my graphical settings for years, they are always on max. But today for some reason it's all messed up and gone darker.
    SulMatuul.png
  • atharun18999atharun18999 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I have noticed this on the login screen as well. It is significantly darker and only half of my character is visible, the other half is shrouded in a much darker low light
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Can confirm. Have exact same issue, though I was losing my sight at first.
    The music on the intro screen is also extremely low, yet normal once I get in the game proper so to speak.

Edit: Worth noting. For me this only happened with AoD launch, everything looked normal before then. Yes I have Lighting 2.0 on.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.