test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strange "warp out" sounds

redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
I jumped on my D4x today after a few weeks of not playing that character and noticed the warp-out sound is weird. Definitely a different sound. Not sure how to describe it.

D4x has a unique warp-out animation, but it sounds the same as all the other ships. Has anyone noticed if their Klingon ship sounds "odd" when you spool-up the warp drive? Is this a feature of AoD?

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Is it using the Discovery ship sounds? I have decided to shelve STO for the night.
    So, will check again after patch tomorrow.

I was doing the new tutorial with my Klingon aliengen and killing Klingorcs.
    Fed Tutorial got boring after that.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Yup....glanced through several other threads.... that is what is going on. The new Discovery sound effects are taking over all over the place. Probably, the sounds, animation and special effects, too.

My Ferengi used the wrong beam in to Star Fleet Academy when I was looking at her earlier....but worked fine beaming to ESD. So, poor program wonky.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Hmm the Discovery warp out sound is indeed applied to all of my Fed ships but my KDF and KDF aligned Roms ships still have their old warp out sounds. Except the D4x. It used to have a definite Kelvin warp out sound but now it uses the same generic sound all of my other KDF ships use. The warp effect is still the Kelvin one however.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • napolean86#9425 napolean86 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Ah Discovery...... still finding ways to anger Star Trek fans.

I'll just assume this just a glitch, and that they'll fix it. If not, they'll still fix it, as soon as most of STO players complain about it. Then they'll realize "Hey, maybe this wasn't such a good idea and Star Trek fans don't actually like Discovery. We should change the warp sound back before our profits.... I mean, our customer satisfaction ratings, become endangered."
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Very likely a bug. If was intentional, they would've gone with the full sounds, not Disc. sound at the start and then finishing with faction animation and sounds.