test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Price w/ tax question?... ($99.99)

Anyone know what the TOTAL is if I bought the $99.99 zen pack?

I have like 43.36 on my xbl account so need to know if I need a $60 or $65 card (if 65 is even possible, was thinking 50 and 15 if they have it).

I never see a TOTAL price and its killing me because around here, all I can buy is the pre-paid amount cards.

Comments

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Assuming you're in the United States (which, since you used a dollar sign, I'm assuming you are), you might find this webpage useful: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/50-state-guide-internet-sales-tax-laws.html

You'll have to do the math yourself, but you should be able to find out what your state's Internet sales tax is (there currently is no federal Internet sales tax).
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Maybe it's some xbl thing ???

I always see the exact total amount before hitting that final tab to finalize the purchase. I select something, put in all the pertinent info, the system totals it all and shows me exactly what I selected and exactly how much it's going to charge me and then I finalize the purchase. In my particular case, if I use my credit card to buy $100.00 worth of Zen, it costs me exactly $100.00. Or, if I want to avoid the wife griping at me for spending money on a game, I pay cash at the store and buy a prepaid Arc card. I buy a 2,000 Zen card for $20.00 and then I have to pay sales tax since it wasn't an online purchase.

I would say that your easiest solution would be to look at the last purchase you made. Unless you deleted/threw it away without reading it, your receipt, by law, will show you exactly how much you paid in taxes or fees to include showing you what percentage it was if it was a tax or percentage based fee.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png