test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Fire Suppressor" accolade from "Researcher Rescue" still broken

frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
Tribble ticket 4,761,158 (submitted on 10/04/2018)

The "Fire Suppressor" accolade from the mission "Researcher Rescue" is broken. No matter how many fires you extinguish, you cannot get the accolade. It doesn't matter whether you use the fire extinguisher or the "Extinguish Fire" button.

Mission: Researcher Rescue
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Researcher_Rescue

The accolade was probably broken in "Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts", when the mission was altered to incorporate changes made for consoles.

Release Notes: October 25th, 2016
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10224553-release-notes:-october-25th,-2016

The following blog post says that "Researcher Rescue" has been updated for "Age of Discovery", but this bug still remains unfixed.

Streamlining the Mission Journal
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10993953

"We've done some light polish work on several of the Klingon War episodes, including 'Stranded in Space,' 'Diplomatic Orders,' 'Researcher Rescue,' 'Secret Orders,' and 'Doomsday Device.' All of these episode have received some updates, whether in the form of new visual FX, new characters, streamlining of difficult spots, or even just squashing little bugs."

Steps to reproduce

1. Log on to a Federation character who does not have the accolade "Fire Suppressor".
2. Complete the mission "Researcher Rescue" to get the fire extinguisher.
3. Replay "Researcher Rescue".
4. Use the fire extinguisher to extinguish all fires on Kassae Station. Beam out before you complete "Into the Fire".
5. Continue "Into the Fire" and repeat step 4.
6. Continue "Into the Fire".
7. Use the "Extinguish Fire" button to extinguish all fires on Kassae Station. Beam out before you complete "Into the Fire".
8. Continue "Into the Fire" and repeat step 7.
9. Continue "Into the Fire".
10. Extinguish each fire with the fire extinguisher. After each fire, click the "Extinguish Fire" button at the same spot. Beam out before you complete "Into the Fire".
11. Continue "Into the Fire" and repeat step 10.
12. Press L to open the "Log" tab. Search for "Fire Suppressor". Notice that you still do not have the accolade.

Previous bug reports

Note that the work-around mentioned in the previous bug reports no longer works.

Accolade "Fire Suppressor" no longer given in Researcher Rescue mission
http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1235995/accolade-fire-suppressor-no-longer-given-in-researcher-rescue-mission

Broken Accolade - Fire Suppressor
http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1239971/broken-accolade-fire-suppressor
Waiting for a programmer ...
qVpg1km.png

Comments

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Fire suppressor requires you to put out the fires (15 i think) USING a fire extinguisher. The mission has been reworked so you now just need to walk up to a fire and a pop up will appear to put out the fires. this does NOT count toward the accolade since you need to use a device. you now get the device at the very end as a mission reward. so you need to go back and replay the mission and use the device. sad part is that the map was reworked and now there are only 14 fires on the map... (there use to be 1 fire in the room where you beam into) so you need to play the mission a 3rd time or beam out and replay that part again.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    They did alter the number of fires, and their arrangement, but the problem is in the last room. After the low-level Fed Revamp, there were 15 fires total, with 5 before you got to the last room, and 10 more in the last room. After the Artifacts update, there are still 5 before the last room, though 1 has changed position, but only 9 in the last room, with 1 deleted and another changed to a different place in the room. It must be the count that's off.

You can see the mission as it was post low-level revamp but pre-Artifacts here. Start at 10:14 if it doesn't start there automatically.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    anodynes wrote: »
    They did alter the number of fires, and their arrangement, but the problem is in the last room. After the low-level Fed Revamp, there were 15 fires total, with 5 before you got to the last room, and 10 more in the last room. After the Artifacts update, there are still 5 before the last room, though 1 has changed position, but only 9 in the last room, with 1 deleted and another changed to a different place in the room. It must be the count that's off.

You can see the mission as it was post low-level revamp but pre-Artifacts here. Start at 10:14 if it doesn't start there automatically.

Yeah... just replay the mission and dont talk to the last scientist you need to rescue or heck dont talk to any of em at all... once you put out all 14 fires, beam out and restart the mission. this time rescue the scientist if you want to re-play the entire mission or just put the the fires and get your accolade and go home. a proper fix would be to put in that missing fire... /shrug but I think it'll be too much man hours to invest in a problem that is not game breaking or that does not have a work around... I mean you can still get the accolade, just need to jump thru more hoops.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »

Yeah... just replay the mission and dont talk to the last scientist you need to rescue or heck dont talk to any of em at all... once you put out all 14 fires, beam out and restart the mission. this time rescue the scientist if you want to re-play the entire mission or just put the the fires and get your accolade and go home. a proper fix would be to put in that missing fire... /shrug but I think it'll be too much man hours to invest in a problem that is not game breaking or that does not have a work around... I mean you can still get the accolade, just need to jump thru more hoops.

Well, you can (or could, back in January) on Holodeck, but I just tried it now on Tribble and it didn't work at all. Maybe I should try again without it completing, so it restarts that section, but is still on the same playthrough.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Fire suppressor requires you to put out the fires (15 i think) USING a fire extinguisher. The mission has been reworked so you now just need to walk up to a fire and a pop up will appear to put out the fires. this does NOT count toward the accolade since you need to use a device. you now get the device at the very end as a mission reward. so you need to go back and replay the mission and use the device. sad part is that the map was reworked and now there are only 14 fires on the map... (there use to be 1 fire in the room where you beam into) so you need to play the mission a 3rd time or beam out and replay that part again.

Yes, I've read your comments in the previous bug reports. Unfortunately, I tried all that, and it didn't work.
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Steps to reproduce

1. Log on to a Federation character who does not have the accolade "Fire Suppressor".
    2. Complete the mission "Researcher Rescue" to get the fire extinguisher.
    3. Replay "Researcher Rescue".
    4. Use the fire extinguisher to extinguish all fires on Kassae Station. Beam out before you complete "Into the Fire".
    5. Continue "Into the Fire" and repeat step 4.
    6. Continue "Into the Fire".
    7. Use the "Extinguish Fire" button to extinguish all fires on Kassae Station. Beam out before you complete "Into the Fire".
    8. Continue "Into the Fire" and repeat step 7.
    9. Continue "Into the Fire".
    10. Extinguish each fire with the fire extinguisher. After each fire, click the "Extinguish Fire" button at the same spot. Beam out before you complete "Into the Fire".
    11. Continue "Into the Fire" and repeat step 10.
    12. Press L to open the "Log" tab. Search for "Fire Suppressor". Notice that you still do not have the accolade.

Previous bug reports

Note that the work-around mentioned in the previous bug reports no longer works.

Accolade "Fire Suppressor" no longer given in Researcher Rescue mission
    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1235995/accolade-fire-suppressor-no-longer-given-in-researcher-rescue-mission

Broken Accolade - Fire Suppressor
    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1239971/broken-accolade-fire-suppressor

Unless you're doing something particular that I'm not, they've broken the work-around that you and other people were using.

1. I played the mission once to get the fire extinguisher. Then, I ran through Kassae Station twice, extinguishing all the fires with the fire extinguisher (that's 28 fires total).

2. Then, I ran through through Kassae Station another two times, extinguishing all the fires using the "Extinguish Fire" button.

3. Then, I ran through Kassae Station another two times, extinguishing all the fires using both the fire extinguisher and the "Extinguish Fire" button. After you put out a fire with the fire extinguisher, the "Extinguish Fire" button remains there for you to press.

Well, you can (or could, back in January) on Holodeck, but I just tried it now on Tribble and it didn't work at all. Maybe I should try again without it completing, so it restarts that section, but is still on the same playthrough.

That's what I tried: Extinguish all the fires, and beam out without rescuing all the scientists. Then, continue "Into the Fire", and do it again. I still didn't get the accolade.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options

what I did was my rom went with a fed... had the fed finish the mission to get the extinguisher. then replay the mission... did not talk to the scientists on the station.... just killed mobs and put out fires using the device... have to use device and NOT the pop up box. then beam out and redo that part of the mission. my Rom got the accolade.