test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do the RA's not reward daily rewards???

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
Why on earth did they remove the daily reward from RA's??? Or at least tell us they are going to? Whose bright idea was this???
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Yikes, if that's not a bug then it IS a major nerf to be forced to do 2 red alerts a day to get the marks you used to get from the first red alert of the day.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Spite.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Yikes, if that's not a bug then it IS a major nerf to be forced to do 2 red alerts a day to get the marks you used to get from the first red alert of the day.

Well they are trying to get people out of doing just one queue...does suck if you're trying to do some marks that don't involve the newest rep.
    lianthelia wrote: »

Well they are trying to get people out of doing just one queue...does suck if you're trying to do some marks that don't involve the newest rep.

Getting people to play different queues and alerts is fine with me, even if it makes them more of a gamble compared to cruising through a Borg red alert.

Forcing us to do twice as many alerts for the same marks is buffing the grind and is NOT player-friendly.

• sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Cryptic are spiteful.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Read the patch notes for this morning and the blog from a few days ago about the changes to Red Alerts, anyone who didn't know this was coming didnt pat attention.
    It never said the bonus marks would be removed. Not in the post I read.

Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    And people are complaining!

Unfortunately... this video perfectly fits that attitude.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHpdgHTINik

I do find it odd that people are reporting that the daily bonus is not working with the Red Alerts...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    If I cared about marks.....I would be in the game doing these R.A. Events.
    I am reading on my FB Feed....just by repeating this RA's with no cool downs, players are getting close to 1000 marks in an hour or so of play time.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Plus no cooldowns, so you'll also spebd less time doing that.
    RAs had what? The standard 30 minute cooldown?
    -Doing 10 RAs in the old system would take 5 hours, for 155 marks.
    -Doing 10 RAs in the new system would take about 1 hour, and give out 350 marks

The old system had a mark payout of 31 marks/hour, the new one has 350 marks/hour. Its a 10+ fold increase!

And people are complaining!

I think they are just mad for the sake of it and not even looking at the big picture with this change. And it's my understanding that every weekend at least one RA will be available. And all of them are easy, you'd have to have a very weak or bad team to fail any of them.

I think people are seriously being short sighted and not doing the math or running the numbers.

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
    Not everyone wants to grind 10 RAs a day.

If you were happy with 65 marks/day for a rep, you could do _1_ red alert and be done for the day. Moving on to playing story missions or whatever.

Now you need to do _2_ red alerts.

If you're not a grinder then the "removing the daily marks" part is a bad change, forcing non-grinders to double their red alerts for the same marks.

You're right though, for farmers it's a benefit to their crop yields.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    How is it a nerf when you make significantly more over time? It is literally an INCREASE.

Lets do the math here
    Old system
    -First RA would give 65 marks
    -Each one after that is 10 marks
    After doing 10 of them you will have 155 marks

New system
    -All RAs give out 35 marks, period
    After doing 10 of them you will have 350 marks.

Old system
    - First RA would give 65 marks for Rep 1
    - Second RA would give 65 marks for Rep 2
    - Etc
    After doing 10 of them, you'd have 65 marks for 10 reps, 650 total. (assuming you actually did it 10 times)

Why would anyone grind RA's for 10 marks a go? That's just silly.

(meanwhile, the though of running the same RA - or heck, ANY kind of content - 10 times in a day, makes me want to run away)
  • feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I am reading on my FB Feed....just by repeating this RA's with no cool downs, players are getting close to 1000 marks in an hour or so of play time.

This is simply not possible. It would require 29 runs and thus an average of 2 minutes per RA, including waiting times. I know I'm not the highest DPS'r in the game but I don't believe anyone is doing these in 2 minutes 29 times a day.

What this will do is simply encourage players to participate in less variety, not more. Before, I would do one RA, then, due to cooldowns and bonus marks, do a different one to get different marks. Now I'll just do the same one over and over, as any intelligent player would, because some are easier and take less time and you get to know it better.
    Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Because 'events' don't give bonuses?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    These folks ran the old Red Alerts for the same Reputation after receiving the Daily Bonus Marks.

https://youtu.be/gJB2Q9gh2uE
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The amount they give out now is higher than the old base, but less than the base+daily bonus. Actually it's less than the daily bonus. Why? because that's how the effort vs reward curve works.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

This is simply not possible. It would require 29 runs and thus an average of 2 minutes per RA, including waiting times. I know I'm not the highest DPS'r in the game but I don't believe anyone is doing these in 2 minutes 29 times a day.
    2-minuting a red alert is trivial for a high-DPS team.
  • benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > davefenestrator wrote: »
    >
    > Yikes, if that's not a bug then it IS a major nerf to be forced to do 2 red alerts a day to get the marks you used to get from the first red alert of the day.
    >
    >
    >
    > How is it a nerf when you make significantly more over time? It is literally an INCREASE.
    >
    > Lets do the math here
    > Old system
    > -First RA would give 65 marks
    > -Each one after that is 10 marks
    > After doing 10 of them you will have 155 marks
    >
    > New system
    > -All RAs give out 35 marks, period
    > After doing 10 of them you will have 350 marks.

Plus no cooldowns, so you'll also spebd less time doing that.

so it really is: let the queues be damned, play red alerts!
This discussion has been closed.