What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] The Phoenix Prize Pack Ressurects!

Comments

• Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    Glad the event is back! I am wondering though, is the cooldown 20 hrs or 24?

You can actually see the exact cooldown remaining in the cooldowns window in the queue interface, together with bonus marks cooldowns.
  • Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    In the Queue Interface? Okay, i'll chk! Ty!
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Well this is a surprise- the sale ended days ago, the event is almost over yet the dil:zen exchange is still 270:1. I'm thinking that the combination of high-dil events and the length of time since the last event means that players have refined enough dilithium that they can buy phoenix packs by the hundreds without needing to convert any zen.

It's reasonable to expect a spike in the rate when Discovery arrives.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    I've found that kind of thing only happens if I've spoken in zone chat.

Yeah, this was back when I was a naive newbie and didn't realise the importance of being silent or enabling privacy blocks on my account.
    From memory, someone asked a simple question in zone chat, I answered with 2 or 3 words and that was all it took for the goldspammers to permanently record my handle.

There may be other ways to tag my handle though and I'd rather not be discovering them in a hub where all the Trollflamer fleets congregate.
    The only one I can recall is when I won a Nicor from a lockbox, before I could even react to that good fortune, I was instantly PMed by a player requesting I sell it to them directly.
    Apparently they didn't consider the fact I was going to use the ship and not sell it!

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Well this is a surprise- the sale ended days ago, the event is almost over yet the dil:zen exchange is still 270:1. I'm thinking that the combination of high-dil events and the length of time since the last event means that players have refined enough dilithium that they can buy phoenix packs by the hundreds without needing to convert any zen.

The exchange rate did not decrease due to lack of upgrade weekend.

We have had 2 Phoenix Events with no upgrade weekend, so everyone got their kits last event and now they simply don't need them. It does no good to just introduce Phoenix Box events if people are already sitting on hundreds of kits, they need an upgrade weekend in between so that the Phoenix Boxes become desirable.

For some reason, they're going out of their way to make people wait for an upgrade weekend which is incredibly annoying.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User

The exchange rate did not decrease due to lack of upgrade weekend.

We have had 2 Phoenix Events with no upgrade weekend, so everyone got their kits last event and now they simply don't need them. It does no good to just introduce Phoenix Box events if people are already sitting on hundreds of kits, they need an upgrade weekend in between so that the Phoenix Boxes become desirable.

For some reason, they're going out of their way to make people wait for an upgrade weekend which is incredibly annoying.
    On the flipside, when an upgrade weekened co-incided with a Phoenix one as opposed to immediately following (IIRC it's only happened once), the exchange only dropped by half as much as it normally did since the demand for upgrades was halved.
  • Options
    benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    I'm a little disappointed, because I checked yesterday to find this:
    Dev Blog wrote:
    We are excited to announce the return of the Phoenix Prize Pack, which return to Star Trek Online on PC from September 27th at 8AM PT til October 5th at 10am PT.
    Just to log into the game to realize it's already gone. And according to my math it's October 4th and well before 10am PT
  • Options
    knighthaven2069knighthaven2069 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    why did the Phoenix packs end early?
  • Options
    giantconch#4219 giantconch Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    The Phoenix Prize Pack is returning on PC until October 5th! Resurrect the prizes of the past!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11005843

Seems its already been removed, 25 hours early?
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Typical Cryptic.. the kings of bad information.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Events on the PC end after Thursday maintenance.

The new part is Kael doesn't seem to be proofreading and editing his posts for correct dates etc...
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Lack of proof reading is an ongoing issue that has gone from the odd typo to information simply being very obviously wrong in the case of times and dates.
  • Options
    where2r1 wrote: »

The new part is Kael doesn't seem to be proofreading and editing his posts for correct dates etc...

Unacceptable. This information needs to be properly relayed. The launcher, this thread, and the link provided in the first post, all very clearly show:
    "September 27th at 8AM PT til October 5th at 10am PT."

Nowhere is it at all stated that the event will end immediately after Thursday maintenance.

I finally start paying attention to updates and events in this game and the information shown/shared/displayed is inaccurate. This doesn't make me want to open my wallet.

From what I've read as well, it would seem as if this Kael doesn't check what he's posting quite often. The heck is going on over at the Cryptic office?
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    This is ridiculous. Their habit of claiming events last to a certain time of day when in fact they end with the maintenance is bad enough. Ending an entire day early? Sorry, that's a bit much.

Luckily, I probably did get everything I needed from this one. That's still not an excuse for lying about when the event would end. And no, it being a "typo"--if it is--is not an excuse. Speaking as a small-time writer myself, proofreading is kind of important--and the responsibility of the writer, not the reader.
  • Options
    f3nr1r#1075 f3nr1r Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    "until October 5th". are we the 5th yet? once more an event ends earlier than officially announced. annoying.
  • Options
    benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Well, if a typo happens once in a while, I'd be generous. But at the moment it feels like, at least when it comes to information regarding event duration, that a post without a "typo" regarding relevant information is what happens "once in a while."
    And there is always the possibility of poor proof reading on top, or that kael doesn't have the same information as the responsible cryptic staff...
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    And speaking of typos... Last I checked, that should be "resurrects", not "ressurects", in the thread title.

I think we have a systemic typo issue here. And it's starting to be a bit of a problem. The RA Weekend was initially announced to be the weekend before it was announced, I distinctly remember the launcher recently indicating an event would last until sometime next year...

I get that this may not be an easy job. But the typos are really starting to get out of hand. Telling us an event would last a day longer than it actually did is just a bit annoying.
  • Options
    nevi1nevi1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    And speaking of typos... Last I checked, that should be "resurrects", not "ressurects", in the thread title.

I think we have a systemic typo issue here. And it's starting to be a bit of a problem. The RA Weekend was initially announced to be the weekend before it was announced, I distinctly remember the launcher recently indicating an event would last until sometime next year...

I get that this may not be an easy job. But the typos are really starting to get out of hand. Telling us an event would last a day longer than it actually did is just a bit annoying.

I have to agree with that. It was explicit that it ended tomorrow. I got some phoenix packs but was planning on getting packs this evening. I was waiting to see what something would cost me first before I committed and today was the day I would decide.

Well they decided by ending early they did not want my money. Saves me (converted into USD) $52 so their loss but they need to fix this and ensure its accurate before posting and let things like this slide.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    Well, if a typo happens once in a while, I'd be generous. But at the moment it feels like, at least when it comes to information regarding event duration, that a post without a "typo" regarding relevant information is what happens "once in a while."
    And there is always the possibility of poor proof reading on top, or that kael doesn't have the same information as the responsible cryptic staff...
    I doubt it was a typo. It was in the announcement, on their Twitter page as well as the launcher. Maybe those people with Twitter accounts might be able to get Cryptic's attention by replying to their 27 Sept post making the announcement.
  • Options
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    I doubt it was a typo. It was in the announcement, on their Twitter page as well as the launcher. Maybe those people with Twitter accounts might be able to get Cryptic's attention by replying to their 27 Sept post making the announcement.

If it's not a typo, then it's a lie. Real classy, Cryptic. The routine of events ending on maintenance days hours before they're stated to is bad enough. An entire day early is outrageous.
  • Options
    braincagebraincage Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Get paid tonight, was going to purchase Zen for the phoenix event, event ends early. Cryptic really DOESN'T want my money. F-this.
  • Options
    byzanathosbyzanathos Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    really pissed off this closed early, I was set to buy my haul today well before the event was scheduled to close.
    Only to find that the event has vanished from the game and its still the 4th! Is this normal?
    I mean Cryptic specifically states the date/time and timezone the events finish. they should at least stick to it
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    They ended it already? Well, I bought my usual number of boxes early, though I planned to buy some more, so no big deal personally, but...

NOT COOL, Cryptic. NOT COOL.
    Seriously, that's just bad, whatever the reason.

To be fair with alternate rep weapons coming soon, I'd prefer an upgrade weekend AFTER this.

• Options
    dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »

Since when does Kael ever bother with such mundane and frivolous things as proofreading and editing his posts? He has better things to do.

• Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Long story short: a typo in a calendar led to a typo in a blog, but TRIBBLE it, you were advertised an extra day so we're gonna turn it back on.
  • Options
    Long story short: a typo in a calendar led to a typo in a blog, but **** it, you were advertised an extra day so we're gonna turn it back on.

Suddenly really like your style, thanks!
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    And it'll go for 24 hours, so 2pm PT tomorrow!
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Thanks!
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    A very nice gesture indeed! Nice going & I'm sure we all appreciate it.
  • Options