test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

KDF Tutorial / Low Level Missions Issues.

where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
Well, since I can not hunt down that bug in Reputation that keeps giving me invalid skills when I level them to Tier 6.....

AND I saw things skipping in the KDF Tutorial when I made a new character. I decided to start a thread to make notes of things that I see in the KDF Tutorial over this weekend.

Of course, the first note I made was about the Audio being gone on the KDF Welcome video. That would be that nice movie that plays right after you create your KDF Character. I LOVE that little movie because of that dialog.

The second thing I noticed was....

I got thrown from my bunker when the Fed ship attacks...and...I am standing there...with NOTHING to tell me what to do. I could have sworn there was a dialog about career specific "things" that shows up. It may have been removed to make the new Fed stuff run smoother....but it HAS to stay on the KDF side.

Or you end up doing what I did: Stand there going what next?? LOL!

Well, I have done this mission enough times I "know" what is next....go fix the holes in the wall for my Engineer, go help injured crew for my Science, go give pep talks for my Tactical.

So, anyways...I decided maybe a good idea to run a second character up on Holodeck for comparison purposes. And what would be the point of me going through all that if I didn't write it down?
"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Character Creation: Order of factions are out of whack.

Linked pic: Tribble Character Faction

+++++

After Welcome video/movie (with no sound)....Worf reads his script. Volume on his voice over is extremely low. Do not know if these two are related to the same problem.

The regular Tutorial voice is fine. (Though, it does not sound Klingon...just thought I would throw that in there.)

+++++

On Tribble: Pop up windows in the Tutorial stay up (without clicking X).
    On Holodeck: turn themselves off as you move away from (or complete) the objectives.

Linked pic: Tribble Tutorial Pop Up Stacks up

+++++

Tribble: OK...just saw the cut scene where the Fed ship attacks our ship and knocks character out of the bunk. And apparently I did "something" to cause the pop up and accompanying voice over to NOT play last night. Or I got distracted.

Linked pic: Tutorial Careers

But I am not going to get all hung up on that part...because I could sit here all morning and attempt to get it to repeat, because that is how my brain works. But I am going to let it go this morning and push on.

+++++

Tribble and Holodeck: Rifle/Gear equipping Tutorial. For some reason, when I pick up the Rifle from the locker..it automatically equips it in the secondary slot, throwing the Bat'leth into inventory. Which invalidates both the tutorial pop ups and the dialog just before this. The dialog with voice over tells you how to move the rifle from inventory into personal gear. You never have to do this step manually though all directions say to do it.

Man, this is rough...trying to show how "quick equip" works and how to interact with the inventory manually at the same time. It is not even apparent that it is the same thing...only one is the program doing it for you.

+++++

Through out this tutorial....I am still seeing pop ups stuck "on" even though we are going through finishing objectives (like "right click mouse button to fire weapons", "shift for sprinting", "z for switching weapons") it is rather confusing. It seems as if the program is NOT noticing me doing these actions. They don't go away (without clicking X).

Even when taking turbolifts to other rooms...from bridge to holodeck to barracks...etc...those pop ups follow you along.

+++++

Man, I love this tutorial.... dispatching with the big TRIBBLE Jurlak, kicking the Ferengi in the nuts all it needs is... you know what I am going to ask, right? I want to be able to punch that Franklin Drake in the snoot on Rura Penthe...it would be complete!!! Come on Devs....add it in there!!! LOL!

OK...off the computer...need to get breakfast going....
    Post edited by where2r1 on

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited September 2018
    We are in space. now.

You know..."Cloak" and "Evasive Maneuvers" is on the Skill bar but not "Distribute Shields".

No mention of Ship Status page. No mention of gear on the ship at all.

+++++

Yea!!! K'Gan is fixed! He shows up in one of the BOFF seats, now! :)

He was showing up in "Candidates Roster" for that last Delta Recruit event.
    Which was the last time I made new KDF characters.

The arrow in the Tutorial is not exactly lined up with his position on the BOFF bar.

After getting further along, that will need to be fixed, since part of the tutorial asks players to click on High Yield Torpedo button, but the arrow is pointing at the wrong box.

+++++

The location you inserted pick up of K'Gan is splitting up your movement tutorial into two parts.

First you interact with K'Gan pop up window with this in it:

Add Pic: K'Gan movement tutorial

And then we get the interact to collect K'Gan....first BOFF for the KDF side.

Then we get the rest of the movement tutorial with this cue card:

Add Pic: Movement Keys

+++++

I guess, this is gonna be a "thing".

Arrow in the Tutorial is not lining up with the Cloak button.
    The tutorial actually asks the player to click on cloak and arrow is pointing to an empty spot.
    This happens twice (on cloak and decloak) in a short period of time in this tutorial.

Add pic: Tribble Arrow Alignment Cloaking

+++++

BTW....still having to click "X" to close those cue cards in the Tutorial. They get in the way of the view.

What happened to them closing after action is completed. Is it an option in the settings of the program that got changed??? Well...I can't find it in options. It is not the "Tool Tip Delay" thing...that is how soon things pop up when cursor is on them and it is set for 1 sec, any ways. :(

+++++

Upon flying to Qo'nos....and ending the space part of the tutorial......I have blinking skills.
    Is XP Weekend active on Tribble??? Really?? LOL! Too funny!

Let's go buff the weapons. Oh, I can't wait to see what happens to the next set of NPCs.
    And I am taking a break.

BTW... I am removing all characters from Tribble at this time.

Because should there be an update before the 9th... I want to be able to level up my Tier 5 Rep to Tier 6 and see what happens. I want all characters information to be new copies....no carry overs, like last time. I got stuck in Skills Invalid mode.

And not having a locked up Skill tree is more vital than if there is a glitch in the Tutorial.
    It doesn't really look like any new stuff is added, anyways.