test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a way to disable windowed mode?

tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
A few times now, I've accidentally changed the game to Windowed mode when trying to access parts of the UI near the buttons that trigger this change.
Since this results in a interface glitch when I restore the window to fullscreen mode that forces me to shut down the client completely and restart it, I need to find a way to stop this from happening.

Does anyone know if there is a way to permanently disable the windowed mode minimise so that if the buttons are accidentally clicked, they won't activate and switch view modes?

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    When you're on your character screen.. the screen where you select which captain you wish to use..

In the bottom right, click on Options and go to Video. On that screen you can change the mode from Windowed to Full Screen. I don't believe that change can be made in game, it has to be made from the character selection screen.

Hopefully, that helps. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    That can be done ingame as well, but it doesn't fix the interface glitch that results from the game switching from windowed to fullscreen while the game is running.

Basically, the mouse cursor is locked down by an invisible box half the size of the fullscreen mode and can't move outside the boundaries of that box to click on the UI interactive buttons which are outside that box.
    The only way to restore full functionality is to exit the game and completely restart the client.

Which is why I'm seeking a method to disable the windowed function/mode completely so it isn't activated by accident, it would be quite inconvenient if this happened during battle or a queue!

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Not as far as I know. The work-around I've settled on is to make sure none of the in game windows line up close to the hidden most of the time windowed mode button, by making sure the DOffing window is near the middle of the screen and my Inventory is squished down vertically. I still occasionally manage to accidentally move things to where I accidentally hit it anyway when trying to close things, though.

There might be something in the configuration files, as I know you can switch modes inside that, but I don't know how to make it stick.
  • charon83charon83 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    You can try the game in full-screen and use a tool called "borderless gaming" to force the game into borderless-window without the minimizing/windowed ui frames. Not sure if it works in sto though but might be worth a try.