test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trait: Lead Foot broken...

As title says...

Does not add Turn Rate and Speed in Slipstream, does not show buff icon...
Completely fubar...

Tour the Galaxy messed up...
Fix ASAP needed!

Comments

• jnoble2011jnoble2011 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I can confirm this issue. The trait pops on for less than a second before disappearing again. Works fine in non-sector space e.g. when using full impulse. It's purely slipstream that is FUBAR.

I simply can't complete TTG any longer as long as this goes unfixed. Which as its my main form of EC income per day, is a big hindrance to me.
    Bump
  • doggie007doggie007 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Good evening. Also experiencing the issues. Submitted an in-game report as well - reference below.

1) Affects both of my toons, and my brother's toon (separate account and PC).
    2) Trait does not load/work in Sector Space maps, but does still work in System Space maps ( Full Impulse boost still works, but not Slipstream boosts).
    3) Issue appeared after patching on June 28, 2018.
    4) If I deactivate the trait and reactivate it in Sector Space, it appears in my modifiers for a about a second and then disappears. Does not appear/come back if Slipstream engaged. Stays dead. Not getting Slipstream speed or turn rate boosts.
    5) Original support ticket reference = #180628-001178.

Thanks for taking a look, and hopefully fixing it up for us. Love the new expansion! Greak work! Keep it up!

In-Game Bug Report reference = 4730649
    Bump. Issue still present even after last week's patch.
  • setalia#9914 setalia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Is there an update on when this will be fixed?
    Love&Peace
    Seta
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Not done my tour the galaxy in a while since risa started but tried today due to endeavour, lead foot still broken, the icon shows for a sec if u re-equip it but then vanishes.
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @fun4ever#6757 This is fixed internally and will be deployed sometime in a future update.
  • nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Nothing still.... :(
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
    Hello @fun4ever#6757 This is fixed internally and will be deployed sometime in a future update.

Yay, this Thursday?, pretty please, with tribbles on top

• Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    Nothing again, it seems :(
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • ekypyrosekypyros Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Lol This Trait Works Scince Years not for me :wink:
    The Tribbles are saddened by the lack of its being released :'(
    From Todays Patch Notes
    •The Slipstream Turn-rate boost from the Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core and Polaric Modulator Engineering Console has been increased to 100%, from 20%.

Still no Lead Foot fix but hopefully this will help
    chanfron66 wrote: »
    From Todays Patch Notes
    •The Slipstream Turn-rate boost from the Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core and Polaric Modulator Engineering Console has been increased to 100%, from 20%.

Still no Lead Foot fix but hopefully this will help

True... I am, sadly, un-slotting the Lead Foot trait from all my toons until further notice... after so much EC invested on them :/
    Yesterday i was finally able to finish the TotG again, after the patch, so i guess it's helping, yes...
    I will start working to get the Gamma rep warpcore to my toons
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • malgoonmalgoon Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I can confirm the trait "Lead Foot" is currently not working, enabled or not all stats remain the same. This is still the case after the recent patch stating it was one of the fix's
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • hawkeyenfo117hawkeyenfo117 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Has anyone verified that the slipstream turn performance is noticeably improved by the Lead Foot trait again? I was doing some tests, and it clearly improves the slipstream speed, but the change in turn rate and turn radius seems marginal at best compared to other gear that improves the turn performance.

Here is a summary of my observations:
    Ship used for test: T6 Experimental Science Vessel (Dauntless-class)

Technologies used in slipstream speed test: Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines Mk XIV [Aux] [SecSpd-2], Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core Mk XIV, Space Skill-Sector Space Travel Speed, Trait-Lead Foot

Test Methodology: Engage slipstream. Allow slipstream speed to stabilize. Observe average transwarp speed.

Without Lead Foot: 42.24 Transwarp factor
    With Lead Foot: 45.76 Transwarp factor

Technologies used in turn radius/diameter test: Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core Mk XIV, Console - Engineering - Polaric Modulator, Trait-Lead Foot

Test Methodology: Drive along the edge between two sector blocks. Engage slipstream. Once slipstream speed is stabilized, make a maximum rate turn through 180 degrees of turn until anti-parallel to the original heading. Measure distance between paths on initial and final heading. With astrometrics display activated, the large tick marks within a sector blocks are 1/20 or 0.05 of the sector block width, allowing the diameter of the turn to be measured approximately.

Results for turn diameter (2x turn radius):
    With Obelisk, without Lead Foot and Polaric: ~1.575 x sector block width
    With Obelisk and Lead Foot, without Polaric: ~1.525 x sector block width
    With Obelisk and Polaric, without Lead Foot: ~1.05 x sector block width
    With Obelisk, Polaric, and Lead Foot: ~1.05 x sector block width, although it looks a little smaller, like by .01 or less

Technologies used in turn rate test: Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core Mk XIV, Console - Engineering - Polaric Modulator, Trait-Lead Foot

Test Methodology: Drive along the edge between two sector blocks. Engage slipstream. Once slipstream speed is stabilized, begin a maximum rate turn while starting stopwatch. Continue turn through 180 degrees of turn until anti-parallel to the original heading. Observe elapsed time when crossing 180 degrees of turn. (Unfortunately, without a better way of recording telemetry, it is hard to get a precision much better than to the nearest second.)

Results for turn rate (time for 180 degree turn):
    With Obelisk, without Lead Foot and Polaric: ~30s (~6 degrees/second)
    With Obelisk and Lead Foot, without Polaric: ~26s (~6.9 degrees/second)
    With Obelisk and Polaric, without Lead Foot: ~20s (~9 degrees/second)
    With Obelisk, Polaric, and Lead Foot: ~18s (~10 degrees/second)

Anyone have any observations, whether they are similar or differing?
    I notice i am a lot faster with my setup now, but also i still didn't have the Gamma Warp Core. Now i have it and i finish it with around 2 mins to go.. without the Lead Foot trait i was not even trying it, because i am flying a T6 Odyssey
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • hanzored5hanzored5 Member Posts: 13 Arc User