test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    i want those, i hope that will be bridge pack in the z-store =)
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    If Cryptic made and sold bridges/interiors that look like THIS^^^, they wouldn't have a problem selling them ever again.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    They'd even work quite well for current STO era Federation ships. I'd be surprised if we didn't get access to these by some means, maybe even free for the existing lockbox/Lobi ships (yeah, I can dream :)).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    full.png
    WANT! SO WANT!

You know... I once had a theory that the Shenzhou was a bit of a planetary survey ship because having the Bridge on the bottom of the saucer like that would be better for looking out over a planet, especially with that particular style of viewscreen. Was sorta given more ammo with how the Shenzhou was able to be in an atmosphere in the pilot.

Also... anyone notice how the consoles aren't ENTIRELY touchscreen? They got toggle switches and push buttons too! I can STILL see how the touchscreens will evolve into the style we will see on the Enterprise-A, but it still has the older stuff to tie into TOS a bit. Never really got a good look at the consoles in the show so I didn't see that detail.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    What happened in 15 years? We have this amazing looking bridge and in 15 years it looks like something from the 1960s.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    These look fantastic.

I just hope there is some way to unlock them for other ships as well. They look better then every other bridge I have with the possible exception of the Aquarius Bridge and the Kelvin Bridges.

Really makes all the current bridges look dated.. which is funny because these are from the past. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I like the design. But they just don't strike me as 10 years before TOS. They strike me as post Nemesis.

But it's a cool looking bridge none the less.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    I really want that interior! I hope they will sell it, and that I can put it on my current Crossguard ship.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @azrael605 said:
    > > @talonxv said:
    > > I like the design. But they just don't strike me as 10 years before TOS. They strike me as post Nemesis.
    > >
    > > But it's a cool looking bridge none the less.
    >
    > They certainly look 100 years after Enterprise to me.

Each their own. I disagree. That bridge looks like it could EASILY sit on my Esquiline bridge and not look 1 inch out of place.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    talonxv wrote: »
    I like the design. But they just don't strike me as 10 years before TOS. They strike me as post Nemesis.

But it's a cool looking bridge none the less.

Personally, the touchscreens look like precursors to what we saw in ST5/6. AND they got a few push buttons and toggle switches like TOS, a detail I honestly didn't catch in Discovery.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    I always felt that due to their spacious style, the sets lent themselves to translation more easily to STO. Now to learn how, exactly, they will be available or not.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    They look nice, but I still like my carpeted floors on the Galaxy. :D
    At least they don't suffer from the lens flare of the last Trek reboot bridges.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I love them.

However
    ioZw524.png

Okay, the cup holders seem useful, but maybe not deep enough, but what about the dark areas on the sides of these consoles? Are they just inactive? Reserved for future extensions or mission-specific controls or devices?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    Well the crew need somewhere to put their Danish pastries to go with their coffee.
    Okay, the cup holders seem useful, but maybe not deep enough, but what about the dark areas on the sides of these consoles? Are they just inactive? Reserved for future extensions or mission-specific controls or devices?

Could just be railings, like we see on some other ships.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Btw anyone else thought the first shot was publicity still from the show at first glance? It took me second to notice it was in-game it was that good looking.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Btw anyone else thought the first shot was publicity still from the show at first glance? It took me second to notice it was in-game it was that good looking.
    That's essentially what Mary Wiseman said when they showed it to her as STLV. :p And she'd gotten a better look at the real thing than most of us ever will :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @talonxv said:
    > I like the design. But they just don't strike me as 10 years before TOS. They strike me as post Nemesis.
    >
    > But it's a cool looking bridge none the less.

They certainly look 100 years after Enterprise to me.

They also look 10-20 years more advanced than the Kelvin and 20-25 years less advanced than the Enterprise A.

It's almost like jelly beans and cardboard has always been a stupid design style that even TNG didn't care to use for inspiration.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    I want both interiors for my Crossfield and Walker
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
      That's essentially what Mary Wiseman said when they showed it to her as STLV. :p And she'd gotten a better look at the real thing than most of us ever will :p

True but she's also an actor in scifi show so pretending something looks more impressive then it does is basically her job, so if someone at CBS marketing told her to say something looks more impressive then it does she could do it convincingly (if she would is another matter but seeing as I don't know her personally I can't say anything about that).

That said if these pics are any indication there's no need for pretending here.
      artan42 wrote: »
      They also look 10-20 years more advanced than the Kelvin and 20-25 years less advanced than the Enterprise A.

That's what I'm sayin'! :)
      It does look like a precursor to the touchscreens on the Ent-A.
      True but she's also an actor in scifi show so pretending something looks more impressive then it does is basically her job, so if someone at CBS marketing told her to say something looks more impressive then it does she could do it convincingly (if she would is another matter but seeing as I don't know her personally I can't say anything about that).

That said if these pics are any indication there's no need for pretending here.
      It wasn't one of those obviously staged questions. It was her jumping in on the tail end of a discussion about how it was getting added to the game. I forget the exact wording but she basically said that she couldn't tell it was a CGI model at first glance.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      rattler2 wrote: »
      artan42 wrote: »

That's what I'm sayin'! :)
      It does look like a precursor to the touchscreens on the Ent-A.

Yes. And even the physical controls on these bridges resemble the ones on the TUC Enterprise and the Kelvin.
      Kobayashi_Maru_scenario%252C_2258.jpg
      b921a9e33d831b75f6176b02b08ed6c1.jpg

The set designers and builders of DSC did a phenomenal job of making the sets look, both modern, and so they fit perfectly in the style from ENT to the Kelvin to TMP and beyond. It's a shame some people are fixated about wanting to make it look as cheap and tacky as TOS made the unspeakable decades between DSC and TWoK.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
      Anyways, about the STO version of the Crossfield bridge... I managed to get 8 of the 10 NPCs on the bridge to get populated with Boffs. It seems to have 3 Eng slots, 3 tac, and 2 sci. The other two seem locked to random generic NPCs. Placement might be semi-random some seats definitely get used first though.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      starkaos wrote: »
      What happened in 15 years? We have this amazing looking bridge and in 15 years it looks like something from the 1960s.

Government budget cuts :)
      Anyways, about the STO version of the Crossfield bridge... I managed to get 8 of the 10 NPCs on the bridge to get populated with Boffs. It seems to have 3 Eng slots, 3 tac, and 2 sci. The other two seem locked to random generic NPCs. Placement might be semi-random some seats definitely get used first though.

That's fantastic on it's own, usually it's just your ground team and maybe a random NPC or two. Looks terrible on the likes of Intel Dreadnought and KDF carrier bridges with just a handful of stations occupied on a large map.
      irm1963 wrote: »
      That's fantastic on it's own, usually it's just your ground team and maybe a random NPC or two. Looks terrible on the likes of Intel Dreadnought and KDF carrier bridges with just a handful of stations occupied on a large map.
      Well, the trick is to have different boffs in your away team. Also don't over-do it on certain branches, my first test I only actually had one tac due to having Shelana slotted both in space a ground. But also I had a total of 4 engineers even though there are only 3 eng slots. Then I fixed that and it was good. :)

I think the 2 that don't change may be NPCs that are meant to be elsewhere in your ship, but that part of the interior hasn't been built yet.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    This discussion has been closed.