test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Here's a Look at the T6 Rep Vanity Shields

2»

Comments

• woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    This is exciting!

Is the name of the preview ship USS Poona?
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > @woerligen said:
    > This is exciting!
    >
    > Is the name of the preview ship USS Poona?

No, it's supposed to be USS Pooma. I couldn't tell what it said from my phone, either, so I asked Kael.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,246 Community Moderator
    woerligen wrote: »
    This is exciting!

Is the name of the preview ship USS Poona?

No. It's the USS Pooma.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Ah! Aka "Pulled out of mid-air".
  • hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Interesting, and I will probably end up using at least one or two of these in the future. I'm not sure I like the "dark" for Romulan visual effect...honestly the pale green of Delta looks more "Romulan" to me.
    hivercide wrote: »
    Interesting, and I will probably end up using at least one or two of these in the future. I'm not sure I like the "dark" for Romulan visual effect...honestly the pale green of Delta looks more "Romulan" to me.

The Romulan shield actually looks pretty Reman to me, sa sa?
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Yes! Space barbie for our spaceships. Hoping one of those two is a good shade of purple to go with my 'Vanu Sovereignty' flagship Annorax. The Romulan one will go well to the Eternal to make it look less federation and more romulan. Missing something in red, and something KDF-themed.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • nejdinenejdine Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    No new awesome Borg junk? :(
    The old Borg set should have a special slot for all ship, putting itself atop ALL other visuals as a second layer. Might want that for the other oldie goldie as well; Aegis. :)

Of these new ones, Terran, Omega and Romulan catches my attention the most.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I was hoping for mirror lightening strikes and the Terran logo on the saucer section of the hull for the Terran shield. I see about 4 that look ok. Hard to tell with the small pics.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Note.... Cloaking will remove the Vanity Shield visuals. When I decloak my BoP, I have to remove and reinstall the Vanity Shield in the Visual slot of the ship to get back the special look it gives.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1243782/cloak-removes-vanity-shield-visuals
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Well... there goes 12 more inventory slots! ;)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Just remember to avoid heavy combat, especially group content, if you want to see your ship on screen.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    More bank clutter then.
    This is exactly why special-purpose inventory tabs (like the R&D supplies tab) are needed - two which come readily to mind would respectively store non-combat pets and vanity-only shields. The coding should be straightforward; there is little excuse for these not to exist.

I also do wonder if we'll be seeing more vanity shields being added via this vector. Example, a version of the alt!Romulan based on red or blue instead of green; a khaki alt!Delta; or base!Lukari with yellow accents instead of blue.
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I, definitely say: take a look at Tribble before going through the huge grind....just to do these shield visuals. Especially, if you main the other factions. Or use alien event or lockbox ships.
    The ship tailor should be patched so that you can preview the various vanity shields as well (whether or not you actually own them) - again, should be simple, and no good reason for such functionality not to exist.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Well... there goes 12 more inventory slots! ;)

This just proves that Vanity Shields and Pets should be powers not items.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    competitive, omega and terran shields look great
This discussion has been closed.