test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - 9/12/18

Tribble has been updated to ST.90.20180830a.9

New Feature:

Random Task Force Operations:
  • PvE Queues are now called Task Force Operations or TFO for short.
  • A new button has been added to the Task Force Operations window titled Random which will queue a player up for all available TFOs.
    • There is also a drop down option to Random queue for Normal or Advanced versions of TFOs.
  • Players who compete in TFOs will receive a bonus reward on top of the standard reward for the completed TFO.
  • This is still a work in progress.
  • For more details, please visit the Random Task Force Operations blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10994033-introducing:-random-task-force-operations!

New TFO: The Defense of Starbase 1:
General:
  • Resolved an issue where captains could not hail contacts remotely.
  • Resolved an issue which was causing the Available episode tab to be blank.
  • Resolved an issue where Aim was defaulted to a maintain instead of a toggle function.

Known Issues:
  • The mission flow revamp is not in a final state.
  • The Reputations button is not available.
  • Cooldowns are not working on TFOs.

Comments

• Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Here are three unexplained changes to the gameprefs.pref file that came with the September 5th patch. You guys should check whether these changes were intended. There were other changes to gameprefs.pref, but they seemed intended to me, so I won't mention them.

Tribble ticket 4,754,041: Resolution scale set to zero
    Tribble ticket 4,754,324: Virtual address space in gameprefs.pref decreased
    Tribble ticket 4,754,564: MAC address stored twice in gameprefs.pref
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    @coldsnapped if this patch introduced the TFO system that also included the revamped queue user interface I'd like to address the omission of the number of players queued column in the new UI.

There is some concern from many of us that are involved in the formation of teams via fleet, public and other channels that the omission of this info will greatly hamper our ability to form teams via the public queue system.

My own term for it is opportunistic queuing where a person scans the queues and lines up a team of the appropriate size to fit for the respective numbers of players in line for a certain map. It's used by many well meaning people trying to get people together and have fun with friends, fleeties, or just anybody in the variety of channels and in it's own way imho does benefit the public queue system as it is random filling and not private.

This type of queuing equally applies to individuals as well who scans the queues with the intent of coming across a queue they'd like to play or doesn't pop too often but just needs another player or two and very often gets lucky and has some fun.

While I realize you're trying to change some queuing patterns and provide variety and faster queue times via the RTFO system, leaving out the number queued info will also break some very positive and commonly used patterns as well.

It seems you can check the number queued for a map by highlighting the the queue but given the number of queues we have this is somewhat problematic for those trying to quickly scan every advanced and elite ground or space queue.

This photo was also posted on page 14 of this thread were there are a lot of really good people trying their best to provide some positive input, should you care to check out what they have to say. Hopefully they'll provide some feedback down here as well.

Dat9JQL.jpg