test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playable Borg

13»

Comments

• feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    No. Please no! What's next...the Terran Empire? The Tholians? The Sheliak?

Oddly I would not mind Terran Empire. But I believe it was said no 'villain' factions. Hence why we got the Romulan Republic and not the Romulan Empire. It would also explain how we get Dominion, those under Odo's banner. Anyone else is a rogue.

So we can't get a Terran Empire, the closest they might do is a Terran Federation or something where they are trying to become the Federation in a much darker and violent universe.
    Tholians do not seem 'evil' but they are at odds across the map because they want stability and do not care who they have to walk on to get it.

This to me is why you will not see a proper borg faction. The best you can get is the Cooperative or the freed borg with Hugh.
    And I think that is the source of those in the LTS. . .

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Well after an initial burst of Borg players-will the ship support be like that of the ROM/DOM factions.
    Use your allies ships ?.

I am neither in favor or against the idea.

But the main focus for cryptic is FED then KDF then everyone else.
    Another faction which will get minimal support after an initial release ?.

Do they even have the resources or finances to start yet another faction ?.

I doubt it will happen until STO nears the end of the road ,and then as a last gasp faction.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    Thing is, borg as a "race" is already playable in 3 different origin stories. What would a borg origin story do differently? Show a cutscene of your toon being disconnected from the Collective before putting you in the standard faction tutorial like all previously created borg toons?
    rezking wrote: »
    No more factions. Please.

ummm...there are only 2 factions.
    2 factions, 6 origin stories, 1 Alliance.
  • steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    On a side note,i would love to see tholians added to the FED/KDF player character lists.
    No origin story-just because of how hilarious it would look doing the "fastest game on ice" and ice skating during the winter event,
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    No Borg Faction
    My vote was a resounding 'no.'

There are already playable liberated Borg as part of the LTS. They can look as "borgified" as the player wants. Add in a few borg parts from the reputation and players can make their ships looks suitably assimilated. I see no point to adding an entire faction.

That's not mentioning if it were a Collective's Borg it would just have to be controlled by the game itself. Besides I'm pretty sure somewhere the devs said they'd never allow playable 'bad guys' hence why playable Romulans had to side with the Republic instead of the Star Empire.

Cooperative Borg? Well.... maybe. They're already a minor faction in the Delta Alliance but I don't really think it would be worth adding more assimilated-looking ships since cubes and spheres would be off the table. All in all I think the devs are right in avoiding making more kinds of playable Borg.
This discussion has been closed.