test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what is the sense of having accolades you cannot achieve?

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
I decide to work on accolades, and the accolade operational completion dedication is not achievable, since you have to complete required renovations (eng) walking wounded (sci) system security (tac) I've done all the other quests except tac and eng. as a si I am not even OFFERED those tasks..
Spock.jpg

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    you're meant to team up for those, just like every other mission that has career-locked accolades​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    ah, gotcha. I can fix that.
    Spock.jpg

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Ask Tantalus, his story will provide some insight. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    yeah @annemarie30 and I teamed yesterday, an neither of us got the other's check on the career specific part of the accolade. we did not finish all of the mission, but we did talk to the lt that gives that part of it.. it should have checked for both of us at that point. we even did the holodeck assignment after and we did not get it. we will try again with toons that have not been to bajor before, maybe it's a bug or for some reason won't check unless you go through every assignment in the for bajor mission
    Spock.jpg

• captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    If you only talked to the mission giver to get that part of the mission, then didn't complete it, then it wouldn't complete.

If you actually completed that part, are one of your characters Romulan and one Federation or KDF? I remember a problem with Facility 4028 where the accolades didn't complete for the group because I was playing a Romulan tactical officer and they were Federation.
    edited September 2018
    nope, we are both Fed, and interestingly enough, Trill. I had already done that portion, what I am talking about is the very first assignment:

2ewl0xx.jpg

you talf to commander achebe, check in, and go to Lt Kav. she offers agressive assimilation, and the three career specific missions. Anne did the Tac part first and I schlepped the wounded to sickbay. at that point we should have received the credit. we both went back to kev, checked in and did the next one she needed, contemplating captains. she got that one (I already had it) but neither of us got the credit for the career missions. I don't know if we missed something procedurally, if we need to complete the entire Bajor mission, or if there is an issue, at which point this will need to go to the bug house.
    Spock.jpg

Hmmm, yeah that does sound off. I think perhaps a bugrep would be in order.
    we are going to make a run with toons that have not done of bajor first just to be certain.
    Spock.jpg

ok we figured it out. we thought if we did our own class tasks both would get credit. I had to do her class task and she had to do mine. that should be explained somewhere
    Spock.jpg

Ah. Yes, that's not intuitive. Nice one for working it out.
This discussion has been closed.