test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In-game @handle change

xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
Is there any way to change my in-game @handle to some thing new.

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    Not unless you want to start a brand new account...
    Might be a question that Support can answer better than the general public of the Forums...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Yes...I did it. Put a ticket to GM but you have to have a "compelling" reason to change.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Yes...I did it. Put a ticket to GM but you have to have a "compelling" reason to change.​​

Honestly, "I felt like it" should be compelling enough.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I have asked support almost yearly and I always got the same copy & paste reply that it's generally not possible unless your name violates the ToS.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I have asked support almost yearly and I always got the same copy & paste reply that it's generally not possible unless your name violates the ToS.

heh why don't you say you're no longer angry? :D
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »

Honestly, "I felt like it" should be compelling enough.

it's not. if it is then you would have a ton of request from fraudsters and griefers who soil their name/handle and want a different one to pull the same "stuff" on other folks.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    just make TRIBBLE up - they have no way of proving your reasoning is true or not​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    just make **** up - they have no way of proving your reasoning is true or not​​

Good luck convincing them that @handle needs to be changed so that you can attend your uncle's funeral.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

So we just have to get his name into general use as a derogatory term and then report his name then PRESTO! he can get a name change!
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Dear Cryptic support team.

I hereby formally request my @handles to be changed. Fellow players constantly react angry and upset towards me no matter what I write in public and private chats.

Respectful

@eviltrollfart#666
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • diabeetus#4287 diabeetus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am actually wishing a @handle change was possible.
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Once upon a time, my @handle matched my forum handle. But Cryptic wen with this new forum, and we all had to choose a new one. If it made a difference, I would ask to have my forum name changed but meh.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I am actually wishing a @handle change was possible.
    :D:D:'(

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • sophia#7967 sophia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    if yer @handle has ur name in it
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited March 2022

Oh? Hmm maybe I can get them to change mine, then again maybe I shouldn't? I have a twitter stalker who plays sto and they don't know me

But my current @ I want to change since I used it before I came out...I don't know. It was easy when I thought I couldn't change it
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    Sorry guys... This be a zombie. Any questions regarding accounts should probably be directed to Customer Sevice rather than the forums.
    *casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.