test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Two Questions about T6 Support Cruisers

sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
Flying a Support Cruiser really isn't my thing, but it has some appealing features that might see me buying one, anyway. First, though a couple of questions.

1) Is the starship trait, 'History Will Remember,' as good as it looks? 'cause it looks really good.
2) I know I should know this by now, being a player since before the admiralty system was a thing, but when an admiralty ship has the trait '-X% maintenance,' does that affect the other ships on the assignment, or just the ship with the trait? It makes sense for T6 cruisers like this and the Kobali Samsar to have it even if it only affects them, since they have long maintenance cooldowns, but it seems pointless on shuttles unless it affects other ships, too.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Best Answers

Answers

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    The Trinary Array is a nice console for the shield penetration. Clicky is meh as for most other consoles.
    Support Cruiser will be purchased in the future, but i recently spend the kitty on the recon destroyer so that will have to wait.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I got the support cruiser bundle the other day. While I doubt the ship trait is any good for the pure DMG (only +30% more none bonus dmg) or the durability increase on their own the combination together with the +threat element make it most appealing for tanks in PvE.

I unlocked the trait on one of my tank toons yesterday and will try it out as soon as I get the chance but my preliminary verdict here for the moment is:

- Seek something useful for dedicated PvE tanking where you need to pull aggro away from a team and could use more dmg and health while you are doing it? We might very well look at the best trait ever released for that so please get and use it.

I unlocked it too, although admittedly NOT with the Support Cruisers in mind - I immediately swapped back to my Fleet Recon Destroyer and added the trait to my active Starship trait selection. Because, as you say:
    "Seek something useful for dedicated PvE tanking where you need to pull aggro away from a team and could use more dmg and health while you are doing it? We might very well look at the best trait ever released for that so please get and use it"

Slightly off-topic, but I also note that the Temporal Trajectory Shifter console from the Support Cruiser compliments the Recon Destroyer Hyper-focusing Trinary Arrays console very nicely!
    Hate to say it, but I really do feel that - so far as the two most recent ship pack releases go - the Recon Destroyer is the better of the two.
    (Dear god - if I'm not careful I'll end up enjoying the Fleet Recon Destroyer more than the Nova!)

Hehe such things are known to happen but in your case that would be very drastic. :smile:

Good part about this game is that, if one has multiple chars at his disposal, can enjoy multiple favorite ships at the same time and even dive deep into different game mechanics right along with it.

If I had the those 3 ships to choose from only id probably end up using the Nova as epg/torp build for my SCI, the recon as CSV cutter for my TAC and the support cruiser as faw tank for my ENG toon.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited September 2018
    As said before, it's a very great trait for tanks indeed. However, let it be known that it's currently bugged.

Fascinating but hardly surprising. If the stacks are displayed perhaps we could fake a fast PvP later where to test it. At least in the end it’s not that much of a consequence. In HSE grabbing aggro at the start is easy enough while I found it a bit harder at the end when uni ships emerge. In CPE a working trait should also stand out as in the transport phase the stacks should be build up already.

So in short if its broken now and stacks per attack/second and not per dmg/critter source the outcome for what the trait will excel at is roughly the same. :)
    animated.gif
    edited September 2018
    reyan01 wrote: »
    But I am enjoying my Eng in that Fleet Recon Destroyer SO much (partly thanks to the excellent advice I received in the thread I created about this in the 'Academy' section).

Just checked it. Really cool! Great to see @seaofsorrows in his element again and the two of you working together. :)

No idea if you are in an active community or how your oline/gaming times are but if you happen to look forPvE companionship without any requirements feel free to join OCD’s chat. We always look out for players interested in teamed PvE.

animated.gif
This discussion has been closed.