test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Unable to make this purchase" and can only add 1 single item for sale to the exchange

podmatepodmate Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Toon name: Podmate
Level: 65

One of my toons often gets the "Unable to make this purchase" message when trying to make various purchases via the Exchange.
This happens fairly randomly and I cannot see a pattern. I have enough EC to make a purchase, but keep getting the 'error' message.

On this same toon.
I can only add one single item for sale to the Exchange.
When I try and add another item, I get:
"Unable to post your items for sale" and then the item is placed back in my inventory.

These issues only occur with this one toon.

Ideas?

Comments

• chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    Do you have returned items in your mailbox?
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Unable to make this purchase. Happens to me quite often when I'm trying to buy a "hot commodity". Some items sell quite quickly so you go to the exchange, do your search, and between the time your search results come up and the time you click to buy it, someone else has already bought that one. The search results in your search window will only refresh after you have bought something or you search again, so if someone else is in there buying the same thing you are looking at it is going to still show as available on your end, until you search again. It happens to me a lot when I am buying bulk items, search sorted by lowest price per unit and try to buy say the cheapest 5 listings and at least two of them will end up as unable to make this purchase because someone else is in there buying the same things at the same time.

Unable to post your items for sale You are allowed a maximum of 40 exchange items per character. That is not only the items actually on sale in the exchange, but also any items from expired sales that were returned but are still sitting in your mailbox. If it is only letting you post one item, there's a really good chance that when you look, you are going to find 39 returned items sitting in your mailbox.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • podmatepodmate Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    Unable to make this purchase. Happens to me quite often when I'm trying to buy a "hot commodity". Some items sell quite quickly so you go to the exchange, do your search, and between the time your search results come up and the time you click to buy it, someone else has already bought that one. The search results in your search window will only refresh after you have bought something or you search again, so if someone else is in there buying the same thing you are looking at it is going to still show as available on your end, until you search again. It happens to me a lot when I am buying bulk items, search sorted by lowest price per unit and try to buy say the cheapest 5 listings and at least two of them will end up as unable to make this purchase because someone else is in there buying the same things at the same time.

I wish this were the case. This happens randomly.
    Might happen when buying anything, not just a "hot commodity".
    Generally does happen when trying to buy something going for > 2 million EC, but could (and has) happened when buying 'cheap' stuff, even accounting for someone else buying at the same time. Such as receiving the error message and then buying the same item 6 listings down or on the 'next' page.
    arionisa wrote: »
    Unable to post your items for sale You are allowed a maximum of 40 exchange items per character. That is not only the items actually on sale in the exchange, but also any items from expired sales that were returned but are still sitting in your mailbox. If it is only letting you post one item, there's a really good chance that when you look, you are going to find 39 returned items sitting in your mailbox.

That was it.
    I had some 'unsold' items from 2014 that were in my mailbox.
    For the life of me, I can't imagine why an unsold item is not put back into your inventory. Kind of the opposite of logic.

Thanks!!!!

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    "Unable to make this purchase" happens to me when the list doesn't refresh when I'm buying multiples of the same item. Oftentimes, I am probably the only one buying the item at that time, it's just the list getting stuck at that spot. Generally, clicking on the next one on the list allows me to buy that one, and refreshes the list. If that doesn't work, then hitting Search again does, though you might have to move back to where you were on the list to get to where you were, depending on how broad your search was.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.