test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug statistics (Skills and items)

Hello everyone, I write this message to report several bugs, although I do not think I'm the only one to notice them, since my friends have the same problems.

Firstly for the captain's skills :

- Andvanced Weapons Amplification should provide + 40% Critical Severity but this is not displayed in the ship stats (although it seems to work).

- Hull plating gives + 9% Energy and Kinetic Damage Resistance Rating for a total of + 15% with Energized and Ablative Hull plating.
In game, they are respectively written at + 15% and + 25%.

- Advanced Shield Regeneration is displayed in the game at + 10% Shield Regeneration per 6 sec but grants + 100% according to the STOAcademy skill planner (which would apparently correspond to the actual bonus earned in the game, unless I am mistaken).

- Advanced Shield Hardness: Same as Advanced Shield Regeneration

Secondly for certain objects:

- Delta Alliance Unimatrix Shield Array is expected to provide + 50% Shield Drain Resistance.
I have done several tests with a friend using Charged Burst Particle and Tachyon Beam and there seems to be no additional resistance.

That's all I realized at the moment, but I certainly missed a lot of things, either for skills or other items.

I would like the descriptions in the game to be updated and / or that the apparent bugs are fixed because I do not intend to use Retrain Tokens every time I have a doubt about the effectiveness of a skill that does not display correctly. And if several objects do not work as indicated, such as the shield mentioned above, how can we make efficient and useful builds? It is not possible to test each object of the game …

I hope I have been clear because I am not English.

Thanks !

Comments

• tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    ptitmacak wrote: »

- Andvanced Weapons Amplification should provide + 40% Critical Severity but this is not displayed in the ship stats (although it seems to work).

- Hull plating gives + 9% Energy and Kinetic Damage Resistance Rating for a total of + 15% with Energized and Ablative Hull plating.
    In game, they are respectively written at + 15% and + 25%.

Those 2 are not bugs. Advanced Weapons Amplification gives + *weapon* crtd only (meaning the bonus is applied to weapon damage only), while ship stats show *global* crtd value (the value that gets applied to every source of damage).

Hull Plating's 15% probably means +15% with nothing else applied. However, Damage Resistance Rating has diminishing returns, so every additional source of +DRR means less applied %. Although I agree that the % number there can be interpreted as misleading and probably shouldn't be there.
  • whiskasterrinewhiskasterrine Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Ok thanks for your answer, apparently Hull plating has been corrected with the last update (this now gives 13% instead of 15%, so the normal rate).
    Do you have any idea for Delta Alliance Unimatrix Shield Array ?
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    ptitmacak wrote: »
    Ok thanks for your answer, apparently Hull plating has been corrected with the last update (this now gives 13% instead of 15%, so the normal rate).
    Do you have any idea for Delta Alliance Unimatrix Shield Array ?

I haven't, and I can test it out when I get time, but I find no reason not to believe you. However, it's possible that it works in PvE, but not in PvP, and to get an accurate reading on that is complicated.

Edit: Very quick and rough testing in Foundry against Borg indicates Delta shield having indeed no effect against Tachyon Beam drain.
    Post edited by tunebreaker on