test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New defence of starbase one

icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
Why is this open to all factions? I do not want to go into a mission and kill Klingons even if they are disco versions id rather kill the feds. looks like its going to be another rep system that this time will be off limits to me.
Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OH....because we are all supposed to be like Worf.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    It would be cool if they made 2 versions of the fight and KDF played the other side against Starfleet NPCs.

But that'd be work. :o
    And for KDF. :/
    So no. :D
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    I have absolutely no interest in anything that has the Discovery abomination label so having to fight my badly designed ugly mutated brethren is not something I want to do. Although this might improve the race...
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Sometimes you learn more about a potential enemy fighting along side them than against them.

Also, it's a simulation and not time travel like the queues were for the AoY expansion.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • albaeokalbaeok Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    We need to fight KLINGONS! We should war one another. Time for feds to rise up and war the klingons, they need to die anyway they have funny looking foreheads =]
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    It's a simulation, we're not taking part in the actual historical events. As long as the simulation is accurate any klingon commander of worth should be overjoyed to take part as it gives an opportunity to look at klingon tactics from another point of view and use that to make yourself and your crew better warriors and you can spot places to improve.

Oh and you can always improve as a warrior only cowards who call attacking a target that has no chance of fighting back a "glorious battle" would balk at a chance to improve themselves.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Except its along side feds. why help them learn past and present tactics that could possibly be used against us. im ok killing Klingons . I civil war every now and again is good. it shakes things up a bit and makes people stay within their bounds. but any thing that helps the feds in any way shape or form I am against.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    There is time for friendly competition. Isn't there?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Besides the fact it's a sim, only a fool rejects a current ally just because they were once an enemy. Besides it's an opportunity to learn about starfleet and Romulan navy tactics.

It's a wargame based on historical events not the event itself, all the data from Starbase 1 would be in the federation databanks so KDF has nothing to loose and everything to gain from joining the wargames.

Unless you're afraid people would find out that your "glory in battle" was against enemies who couldn't fight back rather then against an enemy that would defeat you like true klingon warrior should have.
    I not matter what the game forces on others, have never been an ally to the federation . no good will come from it. call me a fool if you wish. im ok with it being thought a fool by a fool. if it we not for having the foundry to get my fed killing fix id have nothing. besides wouldn't be the 1st time I just ignored in game content because it was insane. I don't go to the T'rex maps at all .

• ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    The map isn't all that special. Blow up TRIBBLE Klingork ships while waiting for the fedophile transports to waddle their way to a warp out point. I've got old carburetor using cars and trucks that warm up quicker than the transports. It gives choice marks(including Gamma). It pays better on Advanced than it does on Elite and gives over 1200 dil to me each run. And you can't really fail at the map. With a rep boost, you pull in 156 marks on Advanced, of a rep of your choice. 6 days of that will land you enough marks to hit T6 in a rep. Lasts about as long as the Breach event runs on Advanced, which is about 8 minutes, and that's because of some forced time-gating. Park and AoE blast waves of enemies.

Immersion-wise, it's garbage for red, red/green, or red/purple faction characters. I got far more immersion doing AFK runs in the Mirror Invasion event to protect Waffle Station.

There's no loot drops, no "competition" really. I had more sense of urgency with the Swarm TFO.

The only reason I would run it on my pylons, is for the choice marks to get to T6, in an easy, decent paying fashion.
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    The map isn't all that special. Blow up TRIBBLE Klingork ships while waiting for the fedophile transports to waddle their way to a warp out point. I've got old carburetor using cars and trucks that warm up quicker than the transports. It gives choice marks(including Gamma). It pays better on Advanced than it does on Elite and gives over 1200 dil to me each run. And you can't really fail at the map. With a rep boost, you pull in 156 marks on Advanced, of a rep of your choice. 6 days of that will land you enough marks to hit T6 in a rep. Lasts about as long as the Breach event runs on Advanced, which is about 8 minutes, and that's because of some forced time-gating. Park and AoE blast waves of enemies.

Immersion-wise, it's garbage for red, red/green, or red/purple faction characters. I got far more immersion doing AFK runs in the Mirror Invasion event to protect Waffle Station.

There's no loot drops, no "competition" really. I had more sense of urgency with the Swarm TFO.

The only reason I would run it on my pylons, is for the choice marks to get to T6, in an easy, decent paying fashion.

1ST VALID REASON I HAVE SEEN YET