test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Fan Art (TOS and Discovery, mostly)

nerdkryptonitenerdkryptonite Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I have never posted much here, but I play often enough and such that I guess I probably should once in a while.

One of my earliest memories is from when I was a weird little kid who insisted on a Spock haircut and my big brother sat me down to watch Wrath of Khan when it came out on VHS and he consoled me and assured me that the next movie was already coming out and it was called The Search for Spock. Not exactly surprising I'm still a huge nerd for this.

I'll post from newest to oldest. First is a design I did for a local geek group I'm involved with (and also because I just wanted to) that has some Discovery season one spoilers.

Final-Web-2.jpg

Each was drawn individually at 6"x8" on bristol with brush-pen and then scanned, cleaned up, and colored.

Next up is a portrait of Spock I did for my niece for Christmas last year ("YOU OWE ME A SPOCK," she told me). 8"*10" on bristol with India ink via brush and pen.

Spock.jpg

Next up is Uhura from a few years ago. I had Nichelle Nichols sign the original and it will always be a prized possession. I was selling prints and she asked for one, and then made me sign it. I maybe cried.

(I definitely cried)

Also 8"*10" on bristol with India ink via brush and pen.

Uhura.jpg

A slightly older piece of Kirk from when I was still tinkering with this portraiture style. 2013, 8"*10" bristol with India ink via brush and pen.

Kirk-Web.jpg

And just because, a silly sketch from last year. Maybe 3"*5" or so in my notebook. TUVIX!!

Tuvix.jpg

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Impressive! (On the other hand, I can't draw a stick figure without a ruler, so...)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I love the Ash/Voq split and the askew angle on Lorca.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    That's really good work. The Spock and Uhura impress me the most, probably also due to personal and emotional attachment.

But I also like the Discovery panels. That's a unique approach. I had to chuckle seeing you even ccaught Kirk's 'popper lock' on the tribble piece xD
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Very well done! =D I used to dabble a bit back in the day, but nothing quite as good as what you have here. Respect!
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • nerdkryptonitenerdkryptonite Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks, folks! It's nice to make things you love and have them appreciated.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Wish I had that kind of skill...

I once sketched out a concept of an outfit for a fanfic I wrote, not really paying much attention to the body due to the fact it was for the outfit, and got nit picked on how thick the legs were. I made concept art of how I saw Sailor Earth's outfit in my Stargate SG-1 crossover Sierra Echo. Not doing full body character art!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)