test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Theory about Shattered Klingon Moon

rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
As we all know, Praxis exploded in the 2290s or so, as seen in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

Yet everyone went loco when we saw a shattered moon in both Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek Into Darkness, stating that Praxis shouldn't be shattered yet due to taking place decades earlier.

Well... I have a theory.

Its not Praxis we're seeing in Into Darkness and Discovery.

In TUC, Dimitri reports "Its Praxis sir. Its a Klingon Moon."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCQZ3SDNTr0

He doesn't say its THE Klingon Moon like one might refer to Earth's singular Moon. He says its A Klingon Moon. Now... we don't really have any on screen Canon evidence to say Qo'nos ONLY has one moon. So my theory is... Qo'nos had 2 moons. One that had ALREADY been shattered, say... back when the Hur'q attacked the Klingons. If what is said about Klingons getting their tech originally from the Hur'q, having an already shattered moon would give them EASY access to resources, and then eventually they would start mining Praxis. Then in the 2290s... BOOM! Industrial accident that was the tipping point for negotiations with the Federation.

Why don't we ever see more than one Moon? Because its on the opposite side of the planet. If you look at say... Jupiter. Not all of that planet's moons are on the same side of the planet. So the 2 moon theory is plausible.
db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Comments

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    You might be right about the DSSC one but I still think the ID one is Praxis as it's turned Martoks home (agricultural in Prime) into a blasted wasteland. If it were the same moon as in DSC then the Lowlands would similarly be deserted in DSC which would not be correct for Prime unless there's some serious work to fix it.

Well, no. Because Martok was refused promotion by Kor, so it'd have to be around the DSC-TMPish era timeline when Martok grew up there so the moons in DSC and ID must be different moons.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Given the reason Praxis exploded, it's conceivable that the Klingons make a habit of strip mining moons until they disintegrate. So, one could reasonably expect them to leave a trail of crumbled debris.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Doesn't explain the shattered moon in Discovery though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Pics aren't showing up.
  • Options
    lagomorphic#0794 lagomorphic Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Makes sense to me.
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    My guess would be that they screwed up more stuff just like changing the Klingon's again.

I don't know how this works with the prime universe as I'm not interested, I just feel like it would be better if all the new Star Trek was another universe like JJ Trek was. Instead of messing with the prime universe.

According to Memory Alpha Praxis is the only satellite of Qo'noS.

This is further backed up by the Star Trek Star Charts.

It may be best to open the pictures in a new tab so you can zoom in on them.

ITQuc9J.jpg
    Yc07r0z.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    According to Memory Alpha Praxis is the only satellite of Qo'noS.
    And if Qo'noS had a debris ring, say from a failed moon inside its Roche limit, then this statement would be exactly correct and still leave "debris" orbiting the planet.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    latest?cb=20171113184613

See? He's got it.
    We don't know how many moons Qo'nos has had TOTAL. Praxis was just one. It would be just like if Earth had a debris ring as well as Luna. "Earth only has one Moon" would still be very accurate.