test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC and PS4] 20% Ship Sale!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Captains on PS4 and PC can save 20% on Ships this weekend!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10988683

Comments

• kirk2811kirk2811 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    I've been saving for this, thank you
  • xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Darn it. I don't have enough Dil for a ship sale yet.
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Half a dozen of new ships, here I come!!! :D
    Much fun will be had in the foreseeable future.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    xungnguyen wrote: »
    Darn it. I don't have enough Dil for a ship sale yet.

Likewise. Still saving up for the cross faction multi mission pack.
    Always pay at least half of a purchase with dilithium converted Zen to avoid any P2W and the conversion amount is not yet sufficient for the pack i am aiming for.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • joeuser9joeuser9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Did the sale end early? I don't see any notices about discounts in game.
  • grandpa#3744 grandpa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I would like to know why the sale ended a full day early? I was going to buy a ship bundle and some account bank slots. the key word (WAS)
  • joeuser9joeuser9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I would like to know why the sale ended a full day early? I was going to buy a ship bundle and some account bank slots. the key word (WAS)

Ok, it's not just me then.
  • nephiannephian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    To recap, yes, the sale ended prematurely.

No, Cryptic, it doesn't happen to everyone.
    Yes, it is a big deal.

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • f3nr1r#1075 f3nr1r Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    annoying. I was about to buy a 4800z ship bundle, logged in and... surprise! the sale is over 24h earlier than what has been announced, sadly.
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Same here :'( Maybe save for Nov. :(
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    annoying. I was about to buy a 4800z ship bundle, logged in and... surprise! the sale is over 24h earlier than what has been announced, sadly.

Yeah, I almost had enough for a ship, was going to refine a bunch of dilithium across my characters tonight, and get it in the morning. Now I can't.
    That's very annoying.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • baronvonheller#7081 baronvonheller Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    "From August 30th at 8am PT to September 4th at 10am PT, on PC and Playstation 4, we are having a 20% ship sale. Enjoy not just a discount on our ships, but fleet modules, dry dock slots and ship upgrade tokens as well!"

Yep, They ended the sale early. Oddly enough, the bonus zen sale is still running perfectly however.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Meh...these seem to be happening all the time now. Just wait a few weeks and it will be back. Honestly at this point, wait for the black friday sale and get most likely an even bigger discount.

While that may be true, it's still false advertising to end it a day early, without any notice. So It's likely an error that they will hopefully address and offer an extension.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Leave it to Cryptic..

These guys just can't get anything right. The funny thing is, when I first read the blog stating that it goes until September 4th my very first thought was 'I bet they end it 24 hours early and never say a word about it.'

It's almost as if they have done this before. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Notice how they're not bothering to address the issue, here or on any of their social media?

I'll give em the benefit of the doubt and assume they had Monday off for the holiday. Lets see if they do anything come Tuesday.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    valethar wrote: »
    Notice how they're not bothering to address the issue, here or on any of their social media?

I'll give em the benefit of the doubt and assume they had Monday off for the holiday. Lets see if they do anything come Tuesday.

Well, we can hope....there is a new Executive Producer....but unclear on if he has anything to do with the sales department. I would think he deals more with content production. This will probably land squarely on Kael's desk.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • So, no answer at all? Some people spent real money in order to take advantage of the sale prices, with the expectation that they would remain in effect through the entire time frame specified.

• kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    So, no answer at all? Some people spent real money in order to take advantage of the sale prices, with the expectation that they would remain in effect through the entire time frame specified.

Yeah, I was about to get the Bortasqu' pack yesterday only to find the sale ended early. No surprise there's no explanation in the forums. They just lost out on a sale, one among many I'm sure.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • baronvonheller#7081 baronvonheller Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I guess Rule 19 applies best here, lol.
    Post edited by baronvonheller#7081 on
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    Disappointed that there has been no response...not surprised, really, but still disappointed. Like I said in my post on the C-Store forum, I was really close to getting 2 of the cross-faction 3-packs with what Dil I had saved (close enough I'd have dropped $10 to make up); was waiting until Monday night's refine reset to see where I was ultimately at, and that's when I saw the sale was over early.

It's one thing for the blog to be wrong and it was only until the 3rd; it's another thing entirely to advertise until the 4th for both ships and zen bonus, and have the ship part end early, while the zen bonus still runs as advertised...
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I would’ve liked to have seen some sort of acknowledgement of the mistake. Apparently even that is too much to ask. :/
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    No response on the forums here.
    No response on Facebook,
    No response on Twitter.
    No response to in-game support ticket.

Not surprised really. Guess I'll just have my credit card company reverse the charges for the Zen I bought, that was supposed to go towards the Temporal 3 ship bundle. Cryptic clearly doesn't care enough to want the sale.
  • valethar wrote: »
    No response on the forums here.
    No response on Facebook,
    No response on Twitter.
    No response to in-game support ticket.

Not surprised really. Guess I'll just have my credit card company reverse the charges for the Zen I bought, that was supposed to go towards the Temporal 3 ship bundle. Cryptic clearly doesn't care enough to want the sale.

Do they not still perma ban people for credit card reversals?

Cryptic doesn't view it as a big deal because they've trained the majority of players to just accept whatever they do to them, like this response earlier in the thread:
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Meh...these seem to be happening all the time now. Just wait a few weeks and it will be back. Honestly at this point, wait for the black friday sale and get most likely an even bigger discount.

• paradoxro#7981 paradoxro Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    So,again the maitenance is passed and the server do not work :/