What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Do You Think: The Crystalline Cataclysm

13»

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I noticed something strange last night. Unlike the normal occurrence of this Event when I run all Characters through it I only ran my Jem'Hadar Gamma Recruit. At no time did I ever run into the static except for a few seconds during the initial wait, and even then it was so mild it was nothing (Advanced).

Last night I ran another Character thriugh. The static was very heavy and did not go away until after the start of the countdown for the first blast.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Check your calendar when ingame as it'll tell you exactly and take into account your timezone. Just remember the server will likely go down before the event actually finishes so you may be pushing it to get 3 shards. If you fail to finish the event just leave it queued 'til next year then finish it then.
    Its good

at what time on the 6th Sept does it finished ( i need 3 more shards ;-))

Yeah, I've been running it on multiple characters in different accounts and I'm not going to be able to finish it on my grandson, so I told him not to dismiss it, as I can get it for him the next time around. I finished out his console he had slotted, so he did get something. I'll get it for my son in law in the morning, long before maint will even start, as I rise early in the morning to get over to his house to sit with my daughter and help her out while she recovers from a broken leg. So it will effectively end whenever maint starts in your timezone. In mine, it starts usually around nine in the morning and ends around 11 am.

This time, since they're running the Breach with a prize I actually want, I'll only be doing it on my two accts. If they want to get in the game and try it for themselves, then they can do it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    One of the phoenix box tokens seems to give a shard.
  • Options
    avoozuul wrote: »

That is a pet, not a shard. A non-combat pet.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    cool stf, fast and not difficult + good rewards. maybe the 3 pieces (console, torp, weapons) could be in a set?
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I thought there was supposed to be more time before the mission started at the beginning for reading the briefing? I still see 15sec every time I get zoomed in one of these CC events. So, not sure what is going on there.

Darn briefing is so dang long, anyways.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    oh btw, could you remove the dude who do the briefing. each time, it is a pain in the a.. to close this window. you close the window, and it appears again;
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    echatty wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »

That is a pet, not a shard. A non-combat pet.
    Ah, when I first saw it I thought it was the same thing as the reward shards and dismissed it since I didn't need it.

Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Here's my 2 cents on the "new" map:

(1) Large Frags - 860K+ HP ?? Seriously.. Immune to every thing ? Right.. They hit with as much as 125K each, and they seem to spawn others once you get locked by one;

(2) Torp Spam - Seems the =carriers have no CD on their Torp spam, and those torps are simply silly with the amount of Kenetic DPS

(3) Entity Immunity - Okay.. so now we have a ring of death.. Simply run away.. wait for the blue donut, then go back at it, assumming you don't get swarmed by the Large Frags;

In conclusion, It's simply been time-gated to keep the players there longer, NPC's have been seriously boosted and immunity has been overwhelmingly given to the NPC's. And. I guess it goes without saying that the NPC HP is just over the top.. But I'll say it any way..

My bottom line.. It's playabe, but I prefere the existing.. tyvm.

• Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I'm not bothered by the changes, but the event itself is a buggy mess when trying to queue into the darned thing. Over the last seven days I've repeatedly entered the queue and then seen a number of countdown timers initiate, each time stating that due to declines the queue is still in place and then after several countdowns have elapsed - I'm unceremoniously removed from the queue?? Then this rinse and repeat cycle begins anew?

Very annoying having this happen over and again, particularly if you are trying to run multiple characters through the Cataclysm.
  • Options
    I haven't had that happen like that. Sometimes it'll repeat once, but then I'll always get into it. Never had it dump me from the queue entirely, just repeat the join sometimes. Most of the time I've gotten into it.

Whether someone actually declined or not is debatable, it could be that someone was AFK when the join thing pops up and they just run out of time, likely resulting in an automatic decline.

Thankfully I only have one more time on one character and twice more on another one. The only annoyance I've run across is getting stuck in one of the groups of pylons while fighting the jumping core. That's happened twice and I can't do anything except wait out the timer.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The queue issue has been a thing on console since VIL arrived, long over due with a fix coming since queues are a core mechanism of the game.

Took me over an hour to run 3 characters through CC and given how long a single run takes you can see there's a massive problem.

Doubtful the revamped CC was ever tested on console because up until the first pulse is nigh on unplayable with the amount of junk on screen bringing the hardware to it's knees.
  • Options
    Took me over an hour to run 3 characters through CC and given how long a single run takes you can see there's a massive problem.

I'm running a dozen characters across two separate gamertags, so imagine my frustration with these issues ...... sheesh!!

• Options
    I decided not to run more than three because PC got the breach straight after which it's also overlapping with as well.

Combined with the long running queue issues I wasn't going to consider running more.
  • Options
    I decided not to run more than three because PC got the breach straight after which it's also overlapping with as well.

Combined with the long running queue issues I wasn't going to consider running more.

I do not blame you for that! Console also has the Tzenkethi Red Alert running at the moment as well.
  • Options
    I got the feeling that was added permenantly to console as an easier solution to lukari marks than trying to fix the mess in gon'cra.

Although gave up running it partly because of the queue issue and partly the coin toss as to whether folk pay attention to the torpedoes.
  • Options
    drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    The large fragments had a tendency to sneak up on you from off-screen and crash into you with you not even seeing them. Even when fully zoomed out they'd collide off-screen with ease. It made it a mission best done with beam arrays, although I had no trouble getting high scores on on cannons characters(I just had to keep moving aggressively).

It wasn't a particularly difficult mission and it was actually quite fun. The random hazards was a surprisingly nice touch, it caught me off guard at first but when I saw what was happening it was practical to plan accordingly and avoid them on the fly. About 90% of my deaths though were from fragments hitting me off-screen even fully zoomed out.

It was fun that the tholians were as vulnerable to the shockwave as the players. Gave us some interesting tactical options for dealing with them. I'd fire on them from outside of the shockwave blast radious to "help" the crystal destroy them for the team. It was also practical to lure them close to the crystal during the time it was vulnerable, so they were closer when it began absorbing energy again.

It was largely a fun encounter to me.

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
This discussion has been closed.