test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Engineer Officer, has just reached Commander grade but 'DIDN'T' get a new ship. WHY?

wdwormack214wdwormack214 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
Do the Starfleet 'Engineers' no longer get a new ship, past the rank of Lt. Cmndr?
I have a Starfleet Engineer, who has reached Level 21, who was "supposedly promoted", but has not been, "ordered to report to Adm. Quinn, at Spacedock", to receive the "scheduled ship upgrade". Now just WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THE PROGRAM?

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Try going to Admiral Quinn anyway, and failing that go to the Shipyard 'Aquire Ships' person. You get free ships every 10 levels up until level 40 inclusive, then a gap, followed by one last one at level 61.
  • wdwormack214wdwormack214 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    As the "quaint last (20th) Century expression" went... "Been there, Done that, ZILCH-O!
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Something similar happened recently on the KDF side...read the first and last post for an overview

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13415572
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited September 2018
    OK. Let me explain what happened to the kiddo in the other thread.

His character glitched out and missed the promo. Could not get his ship at level 20.
    He continued to play the game and this character leveled up to level 30...at which point the program straightened out.

At level 30, it triggered BOTH promotions.
    sarvour0 said: I accidentally did something that gave me XP and bumped me from Lv 29 Cdr. to Lv 30 Cpt.
    Promotion: Commander disappears and Promotion: Captain has taken its place, and it instructs me to go to the Shipyard.
    I got to claim a ship and the mission auto-completes. I have access to Captain-level ships and I have the Token for 1 Free Ship at that level.

Here he does the Captain promotion...that is the level 30. Picks his ship...the Vor'Cha he is talking about. That completed the Promotion: Captain quest. Immediately upon that quest ending.... the Promotion: Commander (Level 20 promotion) kicked in.
    sarvour0 said: After selecting my Vor'Cha, I toggle the window from Captain to Commander, I have a Token for a Commander level ship, and claim the K't'inga I've been trying to get for weeks now. Finally!
    The loss of the XP is a drop in the bucket; at least I got both ships!

Here he does the Commander promotion....that is the level 20 (that glitched out before). He can, now, select the Tier 2 ship he missed before...the K't'inga. And he is happy.

Here is what I get from this: I could keep playing without the new ship and get my character up to Level 30 and see if both promotions trigger for me. OR, if I really NEED a new ship at level 20, I can just delete the glitched character and start over...because getting to this promotion doesn't really take that long.

My advice is: go to Level 30 and see if the program gives you both promotions then. Lack of new ship at Level 20 is not that big a hardship on playing the game.

NOTE: if you have a special Recruit character DO NOT DELETE....you can not make those special Recruit characters over right now.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited September 2018
    Also, if bugs in computer programs are a thorn in your side...Star Trek Online may not be the game for you. Because there are a lot of small glitches that will pop up. Here and there and everywhere.

In other words, there will be lots of times where you will have to "reset" or "re-do" something.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Try going into your "Available" missions and see if the promotion mission is listed there. I have had a few times that I reached promotion level while in the middle of something and it disappeared on me, only to find it there.

I have also had good luck with either beaming up to the ship and then back, or just changing instances and then going back to Adm Quinn.

Last, but not least, more than once, just going over and talking to the ship requisition Officer caused the promotion mission to trigger.

Okay, the really last thing, as already mentioned, the ship you get at level 20 isn't really that much better than the one you already have, playing on through to level 30 won't be exactly easy unless you are a veteran player but it's not really that difficult either.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • wdwormack214wdwormack214 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Well guys(?)

Thanks for all of the 'tips' & 'advice'. I will try it "one more time!" And 'possibly', several more times after that. I guess that's what being a Starfleet officer's all about.

But as a 62 year old NON-WHITE man, who knows he's not part of the "CHOSEN 'GAMER' DEMOGRAPHIC", I am NOT into "blind compliance". Especially, when I SPEND MONEY to use the 'program'.

Just "setting things straight".
    I am a woman, half Asian, 52yo and as stone headed as they come....I never played another MMO before this one. I definitely not fitting in anywhere.

P.S. You are not near as old as my Armada Leader and his knowledge of this game would put the kids to shame.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Well guys(?)

Thanks for all of the 'tips' & 'advice'. I will try it "one more time!" And 'possibly', several more times after that. I guess that's what being a Starfleet officer's all about.

But as a 62 year old NON-WHITE man, who knows he's not part of the "CHOSEN 'GAMER' DEMOGRAPHIC", I am NOT into "blind compliance". Especially, when I SPEND MONEY to use the 'program'.

Just "setting things straight".

There is no demographic here except fans of Star Trek.

If you still can't get it to work let us know and we'll try and help. I don't have any ideas outside of what's already been suggested, but we can keep trying.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Good luck. I hope it was only a matter of being in the 'Available' tab of the Mission Logs.
    If I am in combat when I get the bump to next Rank, the popup window for the Promotion Mission is immediately banished, so I have to find and Accept it after.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I haven't had this happen yet, but everyone has given very good advice. I am a 58 year old Star Trek Fan and I admit I don't know nearly as much about this game as those giving you advice. I know some things, and will try to help where I can, when I can.

As Sea said, there is no demographic, save for Star Trek fans. Good luck on getting your promotion.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    Go to lt laurel. Even if she does not say anything, look for the ship you want and see if the token is there to buy it
    Spock.jpg