test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boff level question

rednecktrekrednecktrek Member Posts: 13 Arc User
What's the difference between the Boff levels? For example, a white Boff compared to a purple Boff. The traits and skills seem the same to me but I have to think I'm missing something.

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The difference is the amount of traits. Purple quality officers have more traits then white (common) officers.

The traits themselves are the same, the difference is the quantity of traits. For your ground team, you'll want to try and use purple officers with all ground traits if possible.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    The higher quality results in more Superior Traits for boffs. The Rare version have one Superior Trait and three other normal traits and the Very Rare version have two Superior Traits. You shouldn't really bother with Uncommon or Common boffs in the end game.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, at end game I airlock any BoFF that isn't VR unless they are special for some reason.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    As you are rewarded better BoFFs, just swap them out for their lower quality cousins.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I thought the amount of traits remained the same (4) but they just offered varying levels of bonus, depending on the BOff's rarity. Lower rarity, lower bonus, increasing with rarity. Perhaps something has changed since last I looked.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    I thought the amount of traits remained the same (4) but they just offered varying levels of bonus, depending on the BOff's rarity. Lower rarity, lower bonus, increasing with rarity. Perhaps something has changed since last I looked.

That is indeed how it works. Every BOff, regardless of rarity, has 4 traits, they just get better quality ones at higher rarities.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    I just slot boffs that I need. Optimal? Not always but I don't chase dps
    The only must have on my fed are mr potato head for pirate and uhura for her trait that boosts tac. On the ground I like an android, hologram borg for different resists
    Spock.jpg