test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is the current meta on energy types?

irishxpirishxp Member Posts: 72 Arc User
Hello! I've been away a while and just recently came back :smiley:
When I left, antiproton weapons were the energy type every cool kid used for their weapons:
as of today, what is the most sought after weapon energy type?

Thank you!

Answers

• Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Unless your DPS chasing,(By that I mean you know your doing 100k or better), any beam type should be fine. Crafted Distuptors are the rage these days.

These days, with Gear alone (with Rom Boffs) can get ya around 25% Crit chance and between 120 and 175 (maybe a bit more) Crit Chance). Dmgx4 or Dmgx3 Pen are favored at those numbers (CrtDx4 CrtDx3 Pen for lower) or a Combination of CrtD and Dmg..

Happy hunting

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Disruptor, Phaser and Polaron are top choices. You can also go with Antiproton as well. Plasma is surprisingly effective. Tetryon is mostly not used, but is also a viable option, if built properly.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Eeverything is "viable" but some types are better supported than others.
    Phaser & Disruptor have a bunch of top notch sets and since ViL polaron has recieved some good back up. While tet, plas and AP have a lot of universal consoles & stuff that boost their base damage their kinda lacking that extra little speciality that gives them an edge.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    Imho, the two I like are phasers and tet. Both have multiple equipment boosts even though they are the lesser cat boosts
    Spock.jpg