Install Arc

[PC] Enter the Breach!

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    nebfab wrote: »
    where2r1 wrote: »
    nebfab wrote: »
    And here I was trying to encourage people...

Seriously, it sounds worse than it actually is, as long as you know how to fly with mouse-look, it's nowhere near Delta Flight or that race course, you don't need to be uber-precise or be the first to the breach to contribute.
    I will have to go look up what "Delta Flight" IS before I can answer you.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Delta_Flight

ADD: Notorious for its fly-through-hoops segment
    ah yes, "Delta FLight" where if you're a Klingon or Romulan and you try to cloak, Paris will be sure to hail the **** out of you to make sure you're exposed for the Iconians. (the mission when I ran it also would stop you cold if you refused to answer the hail.)
    That's because you were doing it wrong..... Well, to be honest if you're in firing range of Iconians while flying the donuts you're doing it wrong...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    All I wanna know is: Will MY dinosaur will have laser beams on it?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Very discouraging - no Gamma marks options :( - something to consider for next weeks update.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Oh, I watched a couple of You Tube videos of people doing this mission.
    As for me, yeah, I would definitely get turned around in that huge thing.

Overall....it is rather dull, eh? You don't even get to pick your own targets...just fly in a tunnel, everything is pretty much ducks in a row? You guys like that stuff?

I don't know any more what I want from a video game...but shooting targets laid out for me, is not it. Which explains why I am not really thrilled by the video game part of STO and prefer to stick to DOFFing or just clowning around with adjustments.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I enjoy the Prize I get for completing the Reputation mission with 14 Voth tokens.
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    And when I've gotten it, I stop playing the Queue.

And yes, there is a part where you do get to pick your targets, there's a fake Subpower Core (labeled Subpower Core? instead of Subpower Core) and if you shoot it, it generates a large AOE that puts you in combat and slows your movement around the chamber for a while.
    Wonder if that's intentional, follow up a segment where it's button mashing fire with one where you should be "checking your darn targets".

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    I enjoy the Prize I get for completing the Reputation mission with 14 Voth tokens.

And yes, there is a part where you do get to pick your targets, there's a fake Subpower Core (labeled Subpower Core? instead of Subpower Core) and if you shoot it, it generates a large AOE that puts you in combat and slows your movement around the chamber for a while.
    Wonder if that's intentional, follow up a segment where it's button mashing fire with one where you should be "checking your darn targets".
    I think not trying to shoot the fake core is mostly pointless. There is too much AoE, Hangar Pets and similar NPC stuff in the game to guarantee that no one ever shots it. Best is to take it out immediately so it can't bother you later when you're actually trying to get somewhere or just used your science team to restore shields in combat and can't negate the debuff. Ideally of course you do it when you're the only one in range.

Maybe it could be pulled off in a premade team, but in a PuG...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Edit Monster ate my first reply...

I think not trying to shoot the fake core is mostly pointless. There is too much AoE, Hangar Pets and similar NPC stuff in the game to guarantee that no one ever shots it. Best is to take it out immediately so it can't bother you later when you're actually trying to get somewhere or just used your science team to restore shields in combat and can't negate the debuff. Ideally of course you do it when you're the only one in range.

Maybe it could be pulled off in a premade team, but in a PuG...

With the new autofire logic it isn't as rare as it used to be. As long as no one brings a pet ship. I personally like pilot ships, especially for this queue, and well-timed thrusters can often make sure that you don't shoot it yourself and/or are out of radius.

Anyway, the fake core is such a weaksauce booby-trap that Will E. Coyote could improve on it, it doesn't even make you waste all that much time, so I'm not overly bothered either way.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User

Hmmm....a cryin' shame, it is all work and no play until the reward.
    And yes, there is a part where you do get to pick your targets, there's a fake Subpower Core (labeled Subpower Core? instead of Subpower Core) and if you shoot it, it generates a large AOE that puts you in combat and slows your movement around the chamber for a while.....

Oh, I watched that part, too. Seems static and people in the videos didn't seem fazed by the effects.

And they used that "slow down" trick in a couple of places before that particular room. Where it slows you down in the tunnels because of combat and an explosion (have no idea what they were shooting at, it was green). That is the part where players are supposed to be racing through, right?

I "get" they are trying to slow players down....do tricks like that work? Really didn't look like it in the videos.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

If there was only 2 fakes and they didn't respawn, then it might be irreverent.
    But the Voth keep replacing them, so it's pointless to keep destroying something that will keep reappearing.
    I imagine there's like a whole tube of fake cores below the room and some Voth gleefully mashing a button to send up the next fake, just to mess with the players.

Mostly it just irks me because autofire mashers are slowing the process in this room down.
    Take 2 seconds to look at the target without locking on, see the question mark and move onto the next set of mashy pillars.
    Trigger the debuff and you won't be able to engage full impulse to move away quickly.

Hanger Pets are another Pet Peeve (pun intended) of mine in STO.
    Because players automatically deploy them without stopping to think whether they should or not.
    In this specific case, I was using a Tholian Tarantula with Scorpion Fighters and I intentionally did not launch them for combat purposes because I knew in advance I didn't want them following me into the core room and shooting at the fake cores.

Also, some players have gotten irate because they invested so much of their build design in pet damage output that their ships literally cannot damage anything without pet support!!!!
    I can't imagine someone who would compromise their weapons damage output to the point where they can't do any signicant damage to their opponents without having a pet swarm fighting for them!
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Oh, I watched that part, too. Seems static and people in the videos didn't seem fazed by the effects.

And they used that "slow down" trick in a couple of places before that particular room. Where it slows you down in the tunnels because of combat and an explosion (have no idea what they were shooting at, it was green). That is the part where players are supposed to be racing through, right?

I think Science Team can clear the Debuff, if not the Red Alert slowdown.
    I don't know from personal experience, since the majority of my ships don't have the Science stations necessary to equip this skill without compromising my build.

I think flying through the green plasma venting may slow down the player, because it triggers a Red Alert status.
    But I mostly fly around them, so am uncertain if it does.

However, there are specific points where slowdown is scripted, when the player gets close to a hull integrity node in the trench.
    The idea is that the player stops to destroy them so that the hull hatch later is more susceptible to damage.
    But it's just dialogue, if you skip them, it doesn't make destroying the hatch any easier.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited September 2018

If there was only 2 fakes and they didn't respawn, then it might be irreverent.
    But the Voth keep replacing them, so it's pointless to keep destroying something that will keep reappearing.
    I imagine there's like a whole tube of fake cores below the room and some Voth gleefully mashing a button to send up the next fake, just to mess with the players.

Mostly it just irks me because autofire mashers are slowing the process in this room down.
    Take 2 seconds to look at the target without locking on, see the question mark and move onto the next set of mashy pillars.
    Trigger the debuff and you won't be able to engage full impulse to move away quickly.

Hanger Pets are another Pet Peeve (pun intended) of mine in STO.
    Because players automatically deploy them without stopping to think whether they should or not.
    In this specific case, I was using a Tholian Tarantula with Scorpion Fighters and I intentionally did not launch them for combat purposes because I knew in advance I didn't want them following me into the core room and shooting at the fake cores.

Also, some players have gotten irate because they invested so much of their build design in pet damage output that their ships literally cannot damage anything without pet support!!!!
    I can't imagine someone who would compromise their weapons damage output to the point where they can't do any signicant damage to their opponents without having a pet swarm fighting for them!
    I do not find it slows the room down and for some builds it’s impossible to not destroy them even without autofire. As they have zero impact on my ship and I cannot avoid them they always blow up in my runs.

In my pet build which I am not using right now the build did compromise weapon damage to boost pets. Weapon power is set to minimum. Zero skillpoints in weapons it was all about the pets. It did almost no damage direct from the ship and for that build it was impossible to not have pets deployed. There was no way to avoid the fakes

Even my current build without pets cannot avoid the fakes either. There is no reason to get irked over it. More so if we destroy them and you are nowhere near.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I ran into a strange situation in last night's Advanced run on my Paradox. We had just cleared the second node in the Trench and I was moving on. Suddenly, I couldn't move and the defenses took down my Shields and then just took out the Hull bit by bit. I couldn't repair fast enough or get the Shields back up to reduce the bleed.

I eventually blew up and just went directly to the Rally Point. Never had something like that happen before.

And no, I was not outside the Trench roof beams.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Due to ARCs maintenance some of us are going to loose 3 days due to jobs with fluctuating hours that make it hard to do it daily as it is as well as other obligations that prevent us from doing the event and getting done on time. Any chance you might be willing to consider giving us the 3 days ARC is taking from us? You would be doing us a great service if you could.
    @tomilak
    Events always have a buffer amount, so that if some days are missed, it is still completable.
    I'm not certain how much, but I think it's enough to accomodate three missed days.
    And there is always the C-Store bundle that sells 10 of the event tokens which can be used if necessary (account unlock, once only purchase).

I bought the 10 token pack simply to cut down the total playtime to 4 days.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There is usually seven extra days as they schedule them for three weeks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    So apparently the boffs are unable to use the dino pet.

Just did a couple of breen arc missions for my LTS&F2P endeavours and in neither one did the thing get used during combat, even when sending the lone boff in to make sure.

I equipped it on myself and was met with a 90+sec CD so swapped it back, went for a coffee and tried the boff again after a good 5 mins had passed.

Again nothing got spawned, unlike the boff with the horta or boff with jackal.
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    so when does the event end? back after a 3+ year hiatus
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Thursday at around 5pm uk time, assuming they remain true to the statement of no maintenance then because of tuesday and wednesday downtimes.

Not sure if they extended the event at all due to the interuptions there's been during this one, two this week & two last week takes a fair chunk out of the time available.

You can still do the usual queue it up and make a start before waiting (or wasting 1k zen on ten tokens and still waiting)
  • benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    In the maintenance threat Kael said the're extending the event for one more day.
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I would also consider this event alt-friendly. Since by long and glorious C-RPG traditions, my alts get crappier by their place in the party. Or in this case more due to the formatting, how much attention they receive.

And so the crappiest of the traditional four Voth Dungeon Delvers, can still get the prize. Or Dinosaur. It's somewhat time-consuming, granted. But partially because there is levers to flip too. Like the Admiral System, Dilithium Refinement, and other minutia, in-between it all. ;-)
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946
    "Because of this extended maintenance, there will be no PC maintenance on Thursday, 9/27, and we will once again be extending the Breach Event on PC by a day."

I just checked the calendar, and it appears that it was not updated to extend the event a second time.
    It still shows just the one day extension of the event from last week's extended maintenance.

Please check on/update this. Thanks.
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,252 Arc User
    the maintenance has effected greatly our completion goals the timing and 20hr cooldowns combine to ruin it mostly.. it would almost appear that completions disappeared and we had not enough days left on the schedule to finish it this time around.
    try a poll for user schedules of work school or life best available times given the west coast to your office tiem is really bad for our euro friends. tnx
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • daverreondaverreon Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    For this event, the trench run portion is pointless. I'd just as soon start at the vulnerable point and go from there.

If I were to improve this event, I would add additional xp and marks for accomplishing the optional goals and perhaps a dilithium increase as well.
    Add an optional that rewards 8000 Dilithium for not shooting any of the fake cores!

edited September 2018
    Add an optional that rewards 8000 Dilithium for not shooting any of the fake cores!
    That would be unfair as its impossible for some ships and some weapons to not destroy the cores. It doesn't seem right to say you get 8k extra dill because you chose a different ship or different main weapon system over someone else. Plus blowing up the fake cores does not to any harm.
    @pottsey5g
    Optionals are team-wide, if one person invalidates the objective, nobody gets the prize.
    It's not an individual reward system.
    I'm imagining with 8k on the line, it would not be appreciated by the team if one player is reckless with their free-firing.
    And thus, encourage them to "check their darn targets".

• senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,252 Arc User
    the event cooldown should be clearly shown to help select alts.. because of this maintenance being so long and often one main toon is stuck on 11 days .. did QA verify their was no day roll backs after patch testing this seems off.
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    There's still the visual anomaly, if you know where to look for it. If, at the end of the event you fly your ship down to the very bottom of the Voth ship and look up you'll find that the bottom of the ship is transparent and you can view the area you've just been. If you fly into it your ship is insta-killed! :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    There's still the visual anomaly, if you know where to look for it. If, at the end of the event you fly your ship down to the very bottom of the Voth ship and look up you'll find that the bottom of the ship is transparent and you can view the area you've just been. If you fly into it your ship is insta-killed! :D
    The insta-kill is a volume effect meant to kill any player ships inside the Fortress ship after the core blows. It doesn't seem to work right though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    @pottsey5g
    Optionals are team-wide, if one person invalidates the objective, nobody gets the prize.
    It's not an individual reward system.
    I'm imagining with 8k on the line, it would not be appreciated by the team if one player is reckless with their free-firing.
    And thus, encourage them to "check their darn targets".
    But its not that simple. None of the ships I fly can avoid killing the fake cores. Its not fair on the rest of the team to lose the bonus because 1 or more people in the team cannot avoid killing the cores. Its not about being reckless, its about not being able to avoid when using your chosen weapon system or ship. Its not like killing the fake cores does any harm either so its not really suitable for an optional objective.