test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T6 Kurak or miracle worker ship

quickdraw1970quickdraw1970 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Interested to know if anybody has plates also these or as any opinion on them. I am a Klingon engineer. Specialization primary will be miracle worker followed by strategist as my secondary. All skill points in engineering and science.
I am a PVE player.
Just trying to figure out what the best ship is because I am only going to purchase one. Unless there’s a way to get the ship in game without.
Thank you and advance for any help.

Answers

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    the trait from the kurak is highly recommended for a lot builds, o your probably should use that in less you really like the MW ships, more so if you have more then one kdf character.

in any case you can get anything from the c-store for free if you play the dil/zen exchange... it could take you a long time but you can get it for free. I got the Silent Enemy/ Elach lobi set that way, took two years to get it the way I play but I did it and still use it. and now that I thnk about it got the kdf command ships that way too a little faster too.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Kurak.. hands down.

I like the Miracle Worker ships as well, but the Kurak is my favorite Klingon Ship. On top of being able to use the Mogh skin which I just think is.. fantastic.. the ship itself is just great. Versatile enough to run just about any energy weapon build, 5 forward weapons, handy console, must have trait.. it just has it all. It works great for beams, it works great for cannons.. just like the Morrigu and the Arbiter (Romulan and Federation equivalents) it's a great ship to do just about anything you want.

For an Energy Weapon build, the Kurak is hard to beat. You just can't go wrong picking the Kurak.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Kurak is the better ship as a standalone, for dps and boff layout overall. If you want to be a tank/cruiser, the Miracle Worker would suit your needs better. It's a matter on what you want to be and picking accordingly.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    casualsto wrote: »
    Kurak is the better ship as a standalone, for dps and boff layout overall. If you want to be a tank/cruiser, the Miracle Worker would suit your needs better. It's a matter on what you want to be and picking accordingly.

I never understood why people keep saying this.

I always see the Miracle Worker ships refereed to as 'tanky,' and I don't get why that is. In my experience, the Miracle Worker ships are no more tanky then any other standard ship, if anything I find them a little soft.

You're certainly not the first to say this about the Miracle Worker ships, I just don't know why this seems to be the prevailing opinion. I would actually say the Kurak with it's console is not only a better DPS'er then the MW ship but also a better tank.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    casualsto wrote: »

I never understood why people keep saying this.

I always see the Miracle Worker ships refereed to as 'tanky,' and I don't get why that is. In my experience, the Miracle Worker ships are no more tanky then any other standard ship, if anything I find them a little soft.

You're certainly not the first to say this about the Miracle Worker ships, I just don't know why this seems to be the prevailing opinion. I would actually say the Kurak with it's console is not only a better DPS'er then the MW ship but also a better tank.

I think people think they're tanky because 1) they have a super high base hull capacity, 2) they have a decent shield modifier for cruisers, 3) there are some decent miracle worker boff abilities for defense, 4) they have the extra console slot, and 5) they're innately engineering-heavy. They also look like they'd be pretty tough ships.

Actual performance is a different story and I have never been super impressed with how they perform compared to other high-end federation cruisers.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    You can't beat an aesthetically bigger ship if you want to be tanky, have your cake and then eat it. Don't forget the extra console slot for yet another tanking console like dynamic power or proto field which work better with more hull and beats the tankiness of the kurak thing. Then you have abilities like narrow sensor bands and mixed armaments that are way better than the dmg increase from OSS. The only real practical perk over the MW ships the kurak gets is maneuverability and 5/3 loadout. Tac boff seating comparison aside because mw abilities in eng boff slots are better performing!

Performance is great if you actually go for improving performance, instead of taking the MW ships for granted. This is a mistake made by many, and with many ships and also inappropriately disappoints players.