test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - 9/5/18

Tribble has been updated to ST.90.20180830a.3

New Feature:

Streamlining the Mission Journal:
  • With the launch of Age of Discovery, we have chosen to update the story experience throughout the episode journal.
  • We’ve moved a number of episodes which occurred before the Delta Quadrant Arc out of the required mission journal flow.
    • These episodes will still be available via hand-off missions in the Available missions tab.
  • In addition to this, Task Force Operations will be unlocked at lower levels as players progress through the episode arcs.
    • Task Force Operations is the new name for PvE Queues.
  • These changes mostly impact Federation captains but some changes were made for Klingon and Romulan Captains.
  • This is still a work in progress.
  • For more details, please visit the Streamlining the Mission Journal blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10993953-streamlining-the-mission-journal

Known Issue:
  • The reputation tab is temporarily not accessible as we continue work on extending each reputation to Tier 6.

Comments

• jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    Are you seriously putting the Breen, Specres, Wasteland and Dominion stuff in the "Available" tab which is already way too cluttered or am I coming to the wrong conclusion?
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Pretty big question here: Are we still going to be able to replay the moved missions? Last I checked, only non-completed missions show up in the available tab.

Also you should totally give us the old mission rewards that used to be from featured reruns. Since those never happen any more and yourey revamping old missions anyhow.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I don't agree with this streamlining of the Mission Journal. Leave it alone! Instead just update the missions, the lighting, etc. Next, these patch notes need to be more specific, on what is being moved around to the Available missions. It is elaborated on the News page but not in the patch notes. Also, fix the preview of the episode missions after getting through missions. At some point, the preview does not work. So there is some coding issue there. I agree with disqord, either do another featured episode replay or put those items in the missions permanently, period. Thanks.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • varzecvarzec Member Posts: 129 Media Corps
    Theres some stability issues, I was fighting the enemies after beaming of the azura and crashed out. Happened twice in a row.
    original.jpg?1521423860
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    If I move my current Delta Recruits over to Tribble...will I be able to see the revamped story lines and check which objectives still need to be finished? Or is that not done, yet?

Also, I do not do PvE Queues...will I be able to skip those.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    Removing some old mission arcs from the leveling process is fine, but they should be more easily accessible than just dumping them in the Available tab or making them discoverable (haha) in space. Perhaps a new tab should be added? An "Optionals" tab, maybe. This could include all the arcs mentioned above, as well as temporary episodes like Hearts and Minds.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Only 5 missions currently in the klingon War arc? That's quite a bite taken out of it. Hopefully, you do get around to getting the others revamped and restored.

Adding Klingons to "Stranded in Space" is nice. It makes it more of a unified Klingon alliance effort, rather than a rogue band of Orions. The Klingon male Captain at the beginning of the final space part is still using the old Orion female Captain's voiceover.

The cutscenes being skippable in "Diplomatic Orders" is nice, as is trimming the part where you have to go down the hill at the end of the ground portion on P'Jem.

Neither of these have the Hail Starfleet option at the end. I hope that that's a bug, as going back to Quinn to turn in every mission will get tedious.

Dr. Shian follows you through all of the ground parts of "Researcher Rescue" now, giving out some bits of Gorn lore. That's a decent change, and possibly a hook for future content.

I noticed no changes in "Secret Orders" or "Doomsday Device." There was something different in the latter, but I assume it was a bug. You don't fly the Targ in the later space parts of that mission. Great for dealing with the satellites, but not so good for fighting the Doomsday Machine, since I didn't have any Harg'peng torpedoes on me, and I'm not even certain that the version that we can equip to any ship would work. I hope this is not the finished state for "Doomsday Device," even aside from that, as it would be a wasted opportunity to turn that mission into something other than boring slog.

The New Romulus handoff mission has a problem, since the queues that it asks you to do aren't in the PvE queues list, at least on the max-level character that I used. Every other handoff that Quinn had available had the proper queues to complete it also available.

There is literally nothing in the Available tab, so testing how we start the old FE series missions, and whether or not we can repeat them, is impossible right now.
    Pretty big question here: Are we still going to be able to replay the moved missions? Last I checked, only non-completed missions show up in the available tab.

Also you should totally give us the old mission rewards that used to be from featured reruns. Since those never happen any more and yourey revamping old missions anyhow.

They did a Featured Episode event in January, about 18 months after the previous one. That's not exactly regular, but it's better than the more than 2 years between the previous 2.
    Post edited by anodynes on
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    If it wasn't obvious, yes, dumping stuff in "available tab" is a terrible idea. That tab is a mess, one that actually would use some streamlining, unlike the "episodes tab".
    And yes, bloody make sure the missions are replayable, because "available tab" doesn't really allow that now except for dailies.

Personally, I'm all for an "optional/sidequest tab" being added with the missions in question. Working exactly ike the "episodes tab" (preferably without recurring bugs, though).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    I think it's a bad idea too.

Polish is one thing, but just moving that stuff means people just won't play it and will complain that they can't level quickly enough.

Even worse is the idea of putting low level players into STFs like Khitomer, Cure etc. The only way I think that would work, is if they had their own unique "low level" version of it which was a lot easier and totally separate from the normal queues.
    I need a beer.

• chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    toiva wrote: »
    If it wasn't obvious, yes, dumping stuff in "available tab" is a terrible idea. That tab is a mess, one that actually would use some streamlining, unlike the "episodes tab".
    And yes, bloody make sure the missions are replayable, because "available tab" doesn't really allow that now except for dailies.

Personally, I'm all for an "optional/sidequest tab" being added with the missions in question. Working exactly ike the "episodes tab" (preferably without recurring bugs, though).

Agree and "optional/sidequest tab" sounds like a great idea.

• Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    The changes to the STFs are kinda awful. If you have to make any change, I guess just make single player versions of the queues instead. It would help let us play old queues and grab unpopular marks, and you can still place them at the end of the story arcs.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I think it's a bad idea too.

Polish is one thing, but just moving that stuff means people just won't play it and will complain that they can't level quickly enough.

Even worse is the idea of putting low level players into STFs like Khitomer, Cure etc. The only way I think that would work, is if they had their own unique "low level" version of it which was a lot easier and totally separate from the normal queues.

They won't get the handoff mission until they do the Borg Advance arc, which is level 45-46. Players used to be able to do the Normal versions of those STFs at 44.

Moving the Devidian and Breen arcs to Available isn't much of an issue, since the contacts for those missions, Drake/K'men and Surah, are already in there with their dailies, The others will add clutter to it, though. Two new contacts for the Reman arc, and 1 each for the Dominion arc and Nimbus, 2 for Nimbus if you're a Romulan. There are supposed to be handoffs for those, as well, so people not finding them shouldn't be a problem.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I'd say just leave the mission journal alone to where it was. Just update the missions. I didn't see anything wrong with the existing journal on holodeck. Also, I'm getting an error that will not let me log into Tribble, once again...
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2018
    crioijouls wrote: »
    I'd say just leave the mission journal alone to where it was. Just update the missions. I didn't see anything wrong with the existing journal on holodeck. Also, I'm getting an error that will not let me log into Tribble, once again...

Can you be more specific on the error message?

The server is currently down as a new update was applied (presumably with the new TFO content announced today)

If you are seeing The Server is unavailable at this time than that is why.