What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ascend to a New Level of Reputation!

Comments

• Options
    balarickbalarick Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    PLEASE CONSIDER ADDING THIS FEATURE!

Given that you're making sponsorship account-wide upon reaching Tier V, and that some of us create sponsorship tokens in anticipation of making new toons (I have 3 of each, except Gamma, on standby), we should be able to turn in sponsorship tokens to get those marks back! Otherwise, they'll basically become 100-mark lemons that we can't do anything with.

Thanks!
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    And one of the perks for a Jem Vanguard is basically going to be moot now. They were auto-sponsored except for the newest rep. Now every character will be once the account his T5 in a rep. And they were just added to the game.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    And one of the perks for a Jem Vanguard is basically going to be moot now. They were auto-sponsored except for the newest rep. Now every character will be once the account his T5 in a rep. And they were just added to the game.

It remains to be seen whether account-wide sponsorship will kick in, literally after hitting Tier 5, or that existing Tier 5 reps will automagically trigger the account-wide sponsor condition too.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    rattleshark#0665 rattleshark Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    They have enough perks ,T5U started ship , level 60 at creation , Specialization filled. *barfs*

• Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    leemwatson wrote: »
    Go into your Options Screen, and turn down Bloom Intensity to about 20%. That will solve your 'too bright' surface issues.

Did you bother reading my bug report before making that comment? Why don't you try reading the part where I talk about my graphics settings and my comment explaining that it's a problem with reflections.

Holodeck ticket 4,132,213: Surfaces of ships too bright and reflective
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Graphics settings

After the release of "Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts", I restored my graphics settings to the way they were before the patch, and I turned "Lighting 2.0" off. Note that, before "Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts", a bug caused the "Advanced" tab to always display "Bloom intensity" as 57%. The actual value of GfxSettings.BloomIntensity in my gameprefs.pref file was 0.2.

Before (Holodeck 10/19/2016)
    http://i.imgur.com/n2Z7ZPW.png
    http://i.imgur.com/ncb8XwA.png
    http://i.imgur.com/UUtrbIY.png

After (Holodeck 10/25/2016)
    http://i.imgur.com/mPQhouo.png
    http://i.imgur.com/mVk14eI.png
    http://i.imgur.com/HiicW4A.png

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13108960/#Comment_13108960
    frtoaster wrote: »
    I did some more testing and discovered that the problem does not occur if I set "Reflection quality" to "Off" or turn "Lighting 2.0" on. There is something wrong with how reflections are handled when "Lighting 2.0" is turned off.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I've tended to make sponsorship tokens when the alt nears 50, before then and its just a chunk of bag or bank space being taken up for no good reason. Having them free isn't much of a loss or gain either way apart from the pretty much dead reps like comppve, lukari or indeed the new gamma one.

Still finding it hard to be enthused about the change as it's another layer to existing systems that doesn't actually involve anything new.

Unless it somehow changes, which is doubtful, levelling the new tier will be the same old same old. Gaining the new energy types, same old same old. Retrain tokens and fleet modules, new way of getting them but still nothing actually new to add value into the gameplay.
  • Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    At least I have like 900 of every mark on all my toons, so to me, Tier 6 rep will basically be a "press LMB for free stuff" kind of thing.
  • Options
    daverreondaverreon Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    For those that keep stores of sponsership tokens... why???
    I only create them on demand. It takes like 5 seconds.

From the Gamma Vanguard pack, I was expecting three character slots just like all the other packs I've purchased for this game. As such, I thought I'd get a head start on sponsorship tokens. However, I didn't realize that Jem'Hadar characters would be given sponsorship on all the reputations. So, I now have a bunch of tokens and no way to use them unless I make some more characters. I did have plans, but with sponsorship going away rather soon, I won't have time to use them. I have a faint hope there will be a way to turn them in for marks, but I doubt it.

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    They have enough perks ,T5U started ship , level 60 at creation , Specialization filled. *barfs*

Only 1 specialization and half of another is initially filled if I remember correctly.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator

Only 1 specialization and half of another is initially filled if I remember correctly.

For standard Jem'Hadar. I think Vanguard had 2 specs filled.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User

Those you listed are for Jem's to start. Not the Vanguards that cost extra only things. So anyone who hasn't bought a Vanguard through the packs have no reason to anymore. Thanks for providing the back up to what I said.
  • Options
    rattleshark#0665 rattleshark Member Posts: 78 Arc User

Specialization - singular , i believe they also have 1 R&D school at 15 and a token to get another to 10 instanly.
    What do you want ?
    Maybe now there will be a Plasma omni from Rep , maybe Omega since they alrady have cutting beam.
  • Options
    Romulan Rep might be better for an Omni, as that one's primary damage type is Plasma as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    I hope there will be more readily available methods to gain elite marks for many of the reputations. The queues for most of them are dead, so you basically have to convert 100 marks to 1 elite and that takes a day.
  • Options
    Lukari is one of the hardest these days sinec Gon'cra is still borked all to hell, followed by Competative, which doesn't even HAVE a battlezone associated with it.

Delta and Iconian, you can actually get 2 a day running the last two open world missions on Kobali Prime.
    Terran and Temporal have the Badlands Battlezone, Gamma, Undine, and Dyson have their own battlezones...

Only one that doesn't have a battlezone is Omega. And before anyone mentions Defera... it doesn't offer elite marks.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    You keep upgrading all other aspects hows this for an idea.

FIX THE BUGS

REMOVE DEAD END ACCOLADES!!!!!

I accept this change. As for fixing the bugs, they already are doing it, just look at the patch notes. As for removing dead end accolades, I have had accolades removed that should have belonged to the other faction instead of mine, so that is happening, that was in one of the patch notes. Also, specify what dead end accolades, some instead of being removed should be revisited. As for fixing the bugs, please specify what more bugs need to be fixed and type of bug. Just saying fix the bugs is a general answer and does not go into specifics. Thanks. :)

Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Jem'Hadar Vanguard had two Reputations at T5, and no Marks or Elite Marks granted for those (I guess they didn't want people creating a Jem'Hader Character, taking the Marks or Elite Marks and turning them in for Dilitium, transferring the Dilitium and deleting the Character).

They also got one full Specialization and one filled in to half, giving a Primary and Secondary.

They had two Crafting Schools to 15 to begin with.

As far as I know they were NOT automatically Sponsored for any of the remaining Reputations. I had to spend Sponsorship Tokens to get the 5,000 Reputation Points for the Daily.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Actually... Vanguard WERE automatically sponsored. I got one and couldn't use any tokens on him.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Jem'Hadar Vanguard had two Reputations at T5, and no Marks or Elite Marks granted for those (I guess they didn't want people creating a Jem'Hader Character, taking the Marks or Elite Marks and turning them in for Dilitium, transferring the Dilitium and deleting the Character).

They also got one full Specialization and one filled in to half, giving a Primary and Secondary.

They had two Crafting Schools to 15 to begin with.

As far as I know they were NOT automatically Sponsored for any of the remaining Reputations. I had to spend Sponsorship Tokens to get the 5,000 Reputation Points for the Daily.

Jem'Hadar Vanguards have three reputations at T5 (Omega, Nukara, and Iconian) with no Marks or Elite Marks, 2 full Specializations depending on profession (Command and Intel for Tactical and Science and Miracle Worker and Command for Engineering), and 3 Crafting Schools depending on profession at level 15 (beams and cannons for all 3 professions with the addition of Engineering, Science, or Projectile) to begin with. Originally, Jem'Hadar Vanguards didn't get the automatic sponsorship or able to use sponsorship tokens for the first few days after the ViL expansion was launched.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Well I only got two Reputations (Omega and Iconian) and had to grind Nakura. My Recruit showed 2500 for the Daily until he sucked up the Tokens and then it showed 5000. And that was for all of the remaining Reputations.

My Tactical Recruit received a full Intel Specialization and one half of Command. And that was it.

I may have gotten a full Ground Weapon School now that I think about it as well, in addition to Beams and Cannons.

I started the Recruit Character on the first day but did nothing with him for a few weeks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    fifthofjackfifthofjack Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Oh joy, more TRIBBLE to grind for.
    T'Plaas Fleet XO Icarus Elite / Icarus Imperium
    Fifth of Jack XO House of Icarus
    [SIGPIC]http://http://icaruselite.org/smf/index.php[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    > @fifthofjack said:
    > Oh joy, more **** to grind for.

They really need to start making rep account wide at this point and don't stop there. Make traits account wide too
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    dp1149dp1149 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    The 2 pc. set bonus for Nukara weapons is Tetryon damage , will this change to +energy damage ? If not , what good is a Nukara dual beam phaser bank ? or any other damage type ?

Guessing it'll look something like this:

Set 2: Energy Amplification
    Passive
    +8.9% Energy Weapon Damage
    (Energy type based on Hyper Dual Beam Bank type if equipped; otherwise, defaults to tetryon)
    +17.8 Starship Drain Expertise
    Damn the torpedoes, warp speed ahead!
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Not entirely, if you are create a new character on a new account (or an existing account that doesn't have all the reps), and get the Vanguard, it's still very valuable. Plus, they still have that space trait, which is far more valuable than saving some marks.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    Well what an idiot I am, it looks like I did not. I bought the Vanguard Pack and just assumed I was creating a Vanguard. It never dawned on me that there was another possibility after you bought the Pack.

Well the Vanguard is wasted at this stage, I don't think I'll be creating another Jem'Hader Character at this point.

So I wasted 900 Marks for Sponsorship Tokens, 625 Nakura Marks, grinding for 15 Specialization Points, and grinding of 15 Levels of a Crafting School.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    thinker#1378 thinker Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I Don't visit the actual website very often. Only really during periods that I've put the game down for a few days-weeks to keep from burning out, and my Reaction to seeing the announcement were as follows.
    T6 reputation? huh, cool.
    *starts reading the actual post*
    (1st&2nd paragraph) okay, big promise, but gimme the details
    (3rd paragraph) huh, free account wide sponsorship ... that's ... nice. (gets to the T6 reward) HOLY *BEEP*, FREE FSM's! (completely missed the retrain token bit on the first read)
    (Gets to first list) Improved traits? good, maybe some of the older ones that sound interesting but are just not strong enough will get the boost they need to make them worth using?
    Improved set weapon damage? okay more damage for them, but probably not a game breaking boost.
    Social Zone ability? eh ... but its free, so I won't say no. Maybe one will be cool enough to replace the Fireworks as my victory dance.
    (Gets to the second list, the one for the T6 projects)
    Account wide Gear discount? That's ... nice to have I guess. Probably wont get much use out of it though, Dil is too precious to me to use it to outfit my other toons.
    Alternate Energy types ... AWESOME! (has a brief fantasy about Peizo-AP weapons)
    New Vanity Shields ... I really don't care cause I don't use them. I like being able to pick my own paint job too much.
    Ohh, here the bit about the Fleet modules ... "drools some at the possibilities*.
    (last two paragraphs)
    Some UI changes are good. The current ones are already really messy.

(Goes to forum post, and thinks about the announcement for a half hour, rereading it a few time to be sure they didn't miss anything.)

Current thoughts.
    1- account wide sponsorship, really nice Quality of life improvement, no more hassling with tokens. Hope they have some sort or reclamation for the tokens though, and glad that I only keep one of each in the bank.
    2-Free FSM's ... more on that at the end.
    3-Free retrain token, nice for playing with builds on secondary characters, nice to have, even if I already get some for free from my veteran awards.
    4-Improved traits/Weapon damage. Excellent opportunity to bring functionally dead items back up to competitive levels, really hope they don't TRIBBLE it up

Alternate energy types ... potentially over-hyped. Most of the consoles and set bonuses are already locked to a certain energy type. unless these are also reworked, most of the gear will not really get much of a bonus.

And now the big one ...

THE FREE FLEET MODULES ARE OVER-HYPED!!!
    Allow me to explain.
    As of this post, the only way 'new' FSM's are introduced into the economy of the game is by getting them with Zen, or as a random reward from certain packs, which also cost zen, even though some packs and the modules themselves can be sold on the exchange, the only source of 'new' one come from zen.
    This said, I can pretty much Guarantee that the 'free' ones gotten from the T6 reps, are going to AT LEAST be account bound, so no selling them on the exchange.
    And I am almost certain, that the modules will be character bound, so no farming new characters for endless Fleet-T6 ships.

That said, this is still a wonderful addition to the game, as even purely F2P are not completely left behind now. they can actually get ... 2? Fleet-T6 ships without having to spend real money on the game (and before you say 'get them from the exchange', a totally F2P has an EC cap of 10mil ... good luck finding FSMs with that, and you can pretty much NOPE any lock box/reward pack ships as well)
    This is still a good change though, and a great boon to those willing to be patient (I already consider it worth grinding the reputations on my secondary characters purely for the dil you get from it, and the occasional weapon to go on their budget builds)

Also, because of the Current (probably unfounded) scare of 'free' FSB's, this might just be the time to get them for cheap before the update hits and the exchange price returns to normal.

Good Hunting Everyone!
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    So apparently, each reputation is only getting one new energy type, instead of what the players actually want, ie: a weapon of each energy type per reputation. I have to say, it's pretty lame that they aren't going the obvious, and clearly more popular way with things. There isn't even much of a point to adding only one type per rep. The reason people wanted all energy types was so it would be easier to incorporate some of the most effective and clearly necessary pieces into their builds. People already always tell you to use the TTF Disruptor regardless of your build, so I don't see why we can't just be allowed to use it on any build anyway. There's no other weapon like it, and it hurts a lot of builds when one damage type is vastly superior to all others.

I can see why they might be doing it this way. With fewer options, diversity will be forced as you will have to choose between some of the weapons for your energy types. But this kind of diversity cantc happen when there's such a dramatic gap in effectiveness between all of these weapons.