test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ps4-console version - pay a game tester

i am sorry to say that, but there is no way around it..
it is obvoius that you guys dont do any game tests - or if you do, you REALY dont do enough.
among ps4-players, there is a big growing frustration going on. the fact, that there are soooo many bugs, that everyone on ps4 is aware of, and you guys seems to not know about it, makes it even worse. and i am sorry, again.. it feels like you also ignore them, even if people post it in the forums. or only stuff gets fixed, where 100 people posting the same thing. but it is also a bug, if even only 1 is reporting it ;) usually you only fix totaly gamebreaking bugs, and even that sometimes takes month (!omg).
today i took the time to post some bug reports, and i hope you guys will take the time to fix them.

i relay love the basic mechanics of sto. in many ways it is THE GAME I ALWAYS WANTED TO PLAY. i also realy appreciate your efforts of regularly bringing new content to the game, but you should be aware, that the majority of players prefers quality & stabilty over quantity.
beside of bug fixing, the game lacks some required features (which people on pc have), and also a makeover of lots of the menus.

basically you have made a#a wonderfull game, which is why all those missing improvements are sading me so much.
when i started to play this game i almost instantly discovered lots of "silly" things, which i thought would be fixed in one of the upcoming patches.. but nothing realy happend.

imo the best thing would be to pay a gametester for the console version, and let him seriously play the game without a dev-magic.

pls do somethig cryptic, its realy about time

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User

ALL bugs get noted, looked at, and worked on, with game breaking bugs obviously taking top priority on fixing.

Paying a game tester would be throwing money down the drain. Any problem a game tester ran across would then have to be repeated by a Dev anyway. It makes no sense to pay one person to play a mission and then have a Dev also play it instead of just having the Dev play it to begin with. It also makes no sense, in fact it would be total idiocy, for Devs to take time away from actually trying to fix bugs by wasting time typing a reply to every bug report on the forums.

And, whether a game tester, a Dev, or some person drug in off the street, things are still going to occur once it goes live that didn't happen in testing. The brightest and best testers and developers in the world are incapable of dreaming up and testing against every possible action the sheer number of players might end up doing.

As far as features, yep us PC users have some features you console users don't, and you console users get some features us PC users would dearly love to have. But, although you can make pies with both, you'll never make an apple pie taste like a dcherry pie, and vice versa.

It's a fun and unique game, play it, enjoy it and if the bugs are just too much for you, well, go play something else I guess.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    They do not answer us, either, on the PC side. But they do get to it, eventually, so they are listening. Granted, tons of bugs seem ignored...they are probably just too minor to bother with. It is good to repeat bug reports once every few months, in case they think we forgot about them.

It is what it is. I wouldn't expect anything different from them on Xbox or PS4.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • sleepwalker#8777 sleepwalker Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    i dont agree! in this state of the game, a gametester is absolutely necessary. there is quite a ton of bugs, which are maybe not totaly gamebreaking, but still very annoying. it is very common now, that people on console currently not even bother reporting most bugs anymore, because their previous reports got ignored. so.. how should the devs become aware of those bugs now?
    paying a game tester would make perfect sence! since a gametester should play the whole game, a dev only have to re-test the broken things. this would save very much time..

the fact, that bugs are landing on any mysterious list, is not helping anyone - they also need to get fixed. feel free to check out the bug-reports for ps4.. there are so many things, that have been reported since game launch, and for whatever reason, they do not get a fix. NEVER EVER!
    i am not a newbie in gaming.. i know bugs are very common these days.. but also fixes.. why do we not deserve them on consoles??

we have things on consoles, which you dont have on pc? yes, i have heared that legend already.. but i have no idea, what those things could be :) if you dont mind, pls list those things for me - i realy would be interressted what the are! on the other hand, things we miss on consoles are very essential things, in many ways.

btw.. "living with bugs or leaving the game" is a quite a rude thing to say! since its launch on ps4, i invested much time and money, in this game. the game was in a much better state these days. leaving the game now, would make me realy feel betrayed. we getting more bugs with every patch and very little ever gets fixed.
    the way i see it, it is part of human nature to talk/complain about problems. if, people would not constanly try to improve things, humanity probalby would still live in the stone-age ;)
    I have watched with every patch, with each addition of new content for 4-5 years. It is not a static game...where you download one program and it stays the same forever.

Other parts of the program is effected in one way or another because they are all interconnected (I assume, IN some database sits a bunch of sounds and a bunch of animations and a bunch of pop up window dialog... etc...and new ones get added in)...and the program better be able to sort it fast. And I don't think it is predictable how it reacts. (???) So, there will always be bugs.

They do try to fix them.

I think part of the delay on console comes from access to make changes due to Microsoft and Sony requirements or approval? Or something? So, PC get patches faster....we just download direct from PWE servers on the internet....console has that second party in there controlling access to the network. Right?

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Also, another thing I noticed recently, one of the Cryptic Engineers will fix an issue and say it is fixed in the Forums. BUT they have no control which patch it gets to us in. A different person handles what goes in the patch every week. So...even when bugs fixed...we have to wait for it to get delivered to us.

BTW.... going through your list of PS4 Bugs, these appear to be a PROGRAM issue....not specifically to PS4 because we see them on PC:

Borg disappears on explosions....someone is trying to fix animations...they may get to this soon-ish.

Personal traits disappear when switched into a mission specific ship...though they may have fixed it for PC...expect this one to come back every time there is a new mission where you use other ships (or become Neth Parr or Leck...etc). Write down/memorize your traits.

Program does not recognize end of missions/have to start over....talk to the mission giver and collect before leaving mission map so it does not reset on you. And this doesn't just happen on Kobali, I have seen it all over the place.

Hmmm...can you interact with the mission giver from your Mission Tracker window on PS4 before leaving the mission map? I don't know.

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Although they don't do it often, the Devs do occasionally pop in here and post something. Such as the one already mentioned, where a Dev popped in, said they made the fix for something and also explained that they had no control over when the fix would be included in a patch.
    Also one of them explaining that yes, they do read and make note of every single bug that get's reported. I see no reason not to believe them when they say they try hard to fix all bugs even if we, the players, never see a word about them as the time that would be spent posting in the forums is better spent actually trying to fix the bugs.

Although not a game developer, I spent a lot of time in testing and development of Military equipment and trying to get multiple software programs to work together seamlessly is not an easy task, and you think you have everything just right, with thousands of hours of being tested by the soldiers who will be using it, and not long after fielding, someone does some weird combination of things that no one had ever tried and brings the entire system crashing down.

The gaming industry has it even worse as they have to try and make things work on literally hundreds of thousands of possible combinations of hardware, software, drivers etc.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png