Install Arc
Options

[PC] The Crystalline Entity Re-materializes

124»

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    rock & roll does not work anymore. least not in event.
    I find that usually when grabbed by the tholians - which is pretty much all they do - the rock and roll won't work. But if you can hit polarize then rock and roll through the lag it does work.
    I haven't been having issues with Tholian tractor beams, I did try out R&R in one of my runs, and If you time it right, which is a super tiny window, you take no damage from the pulse wave, and your ship gets knocked flying like a gold ball hit with a golf club.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    From playing it the last two days, I've seen almost no difference in the playstyle from previous years; there are still those that ignore the obsorption/burst phase, some that ignore the shards (even on advanced I don't see much of the 'buff' they give the Entity), so the actual play time is still around 30-40 secs. I've also had no issues with any of the changed mechanics being a problem (i.e. can't overcome, kill you more, etc...), so that's a good thing.

However, my problem comes from this:
    •Once the Entity has been destroyed it will explode into many Small Salvageable Crystal Fragments, these fragments can be destroyed to gain 1-5 Salvage from each of them!

This was fine...in theory; in practice, it's proving to be horribly implemented, as I've found myself doing nothing more than helping others get the salvage. One slavage out of 8 queues so far for any of my characters that have run it. Granting that small amount of salvage is fine, but the '1-5' should have been based on how much damage each person did to them, not who got the killing shot. As it stands, the queue is still awarding those with higher DPS than others, which gives little incentive for some to even bother with that part of it...
  • Options
    Heh, you get points towards first place for healing, both hull and shield healing. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I keep getting OHK randomly by something other than the discharge.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    peachpest04peachpest04 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Disappointing no Gamma Marks option, these type of events are a good way to build up stock piles of marks on my Alts to get the Reps up.
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    As others have said, this is a very friendly one time-wise, thus you can do it on the alts, more easily. *If* they have some kind of ship and abilities that allow them to contribute of course. It's been pretty smooth at 9/14 on four alts. Good event. Had to adjust for a bit of hull damage there.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I keep getting OHK randomly by something other than the discharge.
    There is a long term bug in the game where kinetic damage both player and NPC is being boosted by over 250% to finial damage, 1 shot killing players. But the devs do not seem to be responding to feedback about it. At least none that I have seen. Its very noticeable in ISA where an mostly unbuffed 30k torpedo or mostly unbuffed 30k mine can hit for 250k without a critical, when it does critical it goes to 1million+.
  • Options
    kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    So for the devs, in regards to the 30 sec timer. For me this was a huge assist. I have done the event 13 times now and a few times I only had like 3 seconds before it started. On at least one occasion everybody else was just pulling away as I materialized. So yes I think this was a great call adding it! tnx
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    You really need to re-tune the regular CCA to match this. This is much more fun to play then the non-event one. I love watching people get blown up when they don't move away during kaboom mechanic. Also could the explosion mechanics damage be doubled or tripled? Gotta make sure people are encouraged to not stay there and pew pew away through the explosion parts.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I did this last night on my Jem'Hadar.....I really don't notice a difference from the last time I did one. Still a huge light ball, I can't tell what is going on when in range. I just target, point and shoot...make sure all my weapons buffs stay up and get out of dodge when hull is low, heal, head back in.

This is not an event I really relish...prefer the Mirror one.

Immediately noticed: the Jem'Hadar bug ship seems to survive much easier...and the torps fire much faster. I think it must be the specializations. Command and Miracle Worker. I will study those some other time...rather intriguing to say the least. I glanced through the skill tree...that is different, too. I will have to buy more of those Respecs and see what does what on my test creatures before adapting.

But over all...the actual Event itself, not really different for me.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    rattleshark#0665 rattleshark Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Why does my Ferengi only get 100 marks and 480 dil from CE but my JH , Joined Trill and Alien all get more ? 130 marks and over 700 dil. You are ripping me off.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Normal gets you 100 marks and 480 Dil, Advanced gets 130marks and 720 Dil. Sounds like your Ferengi is running Normal and all your others are running Advanced.

Also, if you are joining from the "landing page", that automatically puts you in a Normal queue.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    rattleshark#0665 rattleshark Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Normal gets you 100 marks and 480 Dil, Advanced gets 130marks and 720 Dil. Sounds like your Ferengi is running Normal and all your others are running Advanced.

Also, if you are joining from the "landing page", that automatically puts you in a Normal queue.

OK , i see what i did , thanks for the reply.
    My Ferengi is a newer alt and all my other toons have advanced selected at the queue dropdown menue , i forgot on my Ferngi and it was set normal (default)
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I am really growing to dislike the crystalline suicide bombers OHKing me.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018

It is kinda hard to see them coming, too. That is for sure.

I have had 2 deaths in the few runs I have tried...one of them was those shards and I wasn't fast enough on my hull heals.

The other was getting hit by the "blast" because I can't always see the "absorbing" indicator bar and didn't notice it was at the end of that cycle. There is an Entity health indicator bar that is easier for me to see over to the side of the screen by the mission tracker. Is there an indication of the Entity being in or out of "absorbing" phase on that health bar??? If someone can pass that info along.

If there is not....Devs....it would be very useful.

THIS is a never mind, now....I see there is a head that floats by to tell me that the Entity is in absorbing phase, and I can cancel my target.

Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Given that it's really the main threat, I'm ok with it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing