test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fighting Hur'q

bwbriscoebwbriscoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
Hi all,

I'm attempting to complete the mission 'Armistice'. The final battle with the Hur'q 'boss' is really tough...and I just can't get past. The number of attendants just keep spawning and when I die, I'm starting all over again. Very frustrating! Any ideas?

Ben

Comments

• bwbriscoebwbriscoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    pryor#5476 wrote: »
    I used ALL Counter Command Phaser Turrets....... mowed them down like grass

I'm a little bit of a novice to ground combat...would you mind explaining how you did that?
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    bwbriscoe wrote: »
    pryor#5476 wrote: »
    I used ALL Counter Command Phaser Turrets....... mowed them down like grass

I'm a little bit of a novice to ground combat...would you mind explaining how you did that?

Thats ok..so it Pryor LOL..

Ground combat can be made easy or hard depending on your set up and your away team..Some people run a Healing Sci and Offensive Sci an Eng toon and a Tac toon for their away team..

Away team Boff Suggestions (Change if you want based on your skill level this is what works for me)

Eng support should:(Keep in mind these guys take a few secs to get set up)
    Chroniton Mines (for those enemies that like to run up on ya.
    Mortar (They hurt)
    Heal Fabrication.
    Turret Fabrication (Doffed) So you can get 3 spawned in.

Sci Heal or Offence (I actually do both sometimes)
    Vascular Regenerator.
    Medical Tricorder.
    (Your Choice of Heal) or Cold Fusion Flash or Pardox Bomb
    (Your Choice of Heal) or Cryonic Pluse\Sonic Pulse

Tac
    Photon Grenade (Your choice of ability really)
    Paradox Bomb
    Graviton Spike (AWESOME AOE for a tac)
    Repulsor Push.

Personally I use the 3 Peice Na'kul Weapon Shield and Armor combo as the Shield will trigger an immunity. Not knowing what player class you are I cant specifically comment on what would work (Tho Impartial to ENG and Science)

I prefer Rapid fire/assault Energy weapons over the TR116.Its just to slow firing for me..(Boolean Cannon is nice tho)..

Hopefully this will help

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Try and avoid them swarming your six, it's hard but it's doable. Grav well, the grav torp and tractor beam repulsors are your best friends here
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      edited August 2018
      Don't stand and fight, try and be as mobile as you can, hit and run tactics are your best bet
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
        OH, that one. The clue to the puzzle is at the beginning of the fight. You are up on the bridge...shooting down on the Hur'q...they are mincemeat. How does that apply to the boss fight?

Get yourself (your BOFFs will follow) UP the rocks in the middle of the field. That will get you above the green weird thing the Boss Hur'q emits, it won't touch you. The rocks will block the minions and slow those down....easy pick offs for you. I sent the BOFFs to fire on the Boss Hur'q while I was blasting the minions with my dual pistols.

I think one of my BOFFs was dead on the other side if the battle field before I could get him up the hill...but he died for a good cause...kept them busy while we set up. That is the way of war.

Try it. YMMV.
        "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
      • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
        Yeah, mobility on the ground. They will swarm you if you stand still.
        Now a LTS and loving it.
        Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
        I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
      • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
        There was a boss in that mission?

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.