test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stronger Shields! Just how do I make them?

wdwormack214wdwormack214 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
I am in a mission that has me at Vulcan, and trying to 'repel' an invasion of ships from the "Mirror Universe"/"Terran Empire". My character is a lvl 52 'Tactical' Vice Admiral (lower half). The ship is a level 5 cruiser. I only recently returned to the program, after a four year absence. The ship I built, has weapons, and shields that are seriously underpowered. The ship just gets totally destroyed within minutes, because it's weapons are utterly USELESS.

Exactly where do I go, when I bring the ship back to Sector 0001, and Spacedock for overhaul and upgrades? Where will I find the necessary tools to give the ship a fighting chance?

Comments

• Options
    sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    To have stronger shields

1. You have to put skill points in skill tree on shields restoration, shield capacity, shield regeneration, shield hardness, shield mastery, shield absorption and shield reflection.
    2. Space traits: Expedient repairs.
    3. Reputation traits that has shield.
    4. Console-Universal -Protomater Field Projector
    5. Find shield with the mod [Cap] maximum shield capacity and [Reg] shield regeneration.

I once build a ship that had the max shield and hull, the enemy can only hit about 30% of my shield and hull however it took me forever to kill the enemy (1 hour). Better go for damage output with enough survivability.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    I am in a mission that has me at Vulcan, and trying to 'repel' an invasion of ships from the "Mirror Universe"/"Terran Empire". My character is a lvl 52 'Tactical' Vice Admiral (lower half). The ship is a level 5 cruiser. I only recently returned to the program, after a four year absence. The ship I built, has weapons, and shields that are seriously underpowered. The ship just gets totally destroyed within minutes, because it's weapons are utterly USELESS.

Exactly where do I go, when I bring the ship back to Sector 0001, and Spacedock for overhaul and upgrades? Where will I find the necessary tools to give the ship a fighting chance?

One of the things to keep in mind for Terran ships is they are DEBUFFing your shields and your hull. Especially the Science vessels... Pick and choose your targets..Its very easy to get out numbered in that map due to NOONE closing rifts.. BFAW+Attack Pattern Beta (and Tactical consoles that match your weapon choice I.e Phaser beams PHaser Tac consoles.)... Emergency power to shields will help and Honored dead trait from the exchange with augment your resistances.Pol hul and Attack patern omega are great for adding hull resistances AND getting you out of tractor beams.

Work on your reps..Those space traits will help. Personally I like the Nukara rep Aux to defence (if you are not in a aux 2 batteries beam boat)..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User

You can get some better gear from a variety of sources with in-game replay of missions being the most cost effective for all items from space and ground sets to consoles and weapons. Mark 12 blue items can be found quite cheaply in the exchange to fill in the gaps or get you going.

Common issues when starting out include not using energy specific tactical consoles, mixing weapons energy types, equipping too many torpedoes or using mines, using gear of too low a mark after level 50, playing your ship like you're on one of the TV shows, and not selecting proper or actively applying bridge officer abilities. Boff abilities can be purchased from the boff trainers and those you can't from the exchange or crafted.

• Options
    wdwormack214wdwormack214 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Thank you, Protoneous.

I was clearly "working without a net", here. While looking at YouTube videos, might be a good source of instruction to start, why one of the videogame player guide publishers, PRIMA, or BRADYGAMES, hasn't been approached to publish a 'how-to' guide for this 'program'.