test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help - engine red light flare & noise

jaephjaeph Member Posts: 77 Arc User
I can't figure out what's doing it so I can turn it off. Every now and then my engines flare with a red starbursty thing and make a noise. It's gone from amusing to irritating very fast...anybody know what this is from?

-Jeff
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    jaeph wrote: »
    I can't figure out what's doing it so I can turn it off. Every now and then my engines flare with a red starbursty thing and make a noise. It's gone from amusing to irritating very fast...anybody know what this is from?

-Jeff

Most likely it's a console or boff power doing it. Can you write down your build here and then save it to the site and post the link?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    It sounds like space trait lead foot I think it’s called or starship trait pedal to the metal
    Post edited by jordan3550 on
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    You are using Pilot Specialization. That effect with the starburst is connected to the trait called: Pedal to the Metal.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Pedal_to_the_Metal

Remove trait to stop it. I did not know that there is a sound effect to it. I usually play with sound off.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    jaephjaeph Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Thank you thank you thank you! It was pedal to the metal, and now my screen is nice and quiet. :-)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It's better than the ground combat my Jem'Hadar Vanguard Team has. It would seem every encounter results in the opening of Herald Solar Gateways. I don't have them and I'm certain Orions and whatnot don't either.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.