test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Typing disabled in Foundry

bidzarbidzar Member Posts: 60 Arc User
Currently I have attempted to edit my foundry projects and work on correct grammar and text issues. I cannot type in anything for the foundy. I can't edit the text, delete old projects, or anything that requires me to use a keyboard to edit. On top of that, in edit mode to playtest my maps, I can't go past the Sol Sector without the Federation Travel pop-up telling me that I cannot leave Federation Space. Anyne else having this issue?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Alt tab to the desktop or another application, then go back to STO (windows key will also do it.) The keyboard controls aren't being properly registered on the first load of the Foundry (recent bug, we've brought it to Cryptic's attention) but they are when you resume it from a minimized/inactive window.

Also, do NOT playtest your missions from the very beginning. Map transfers also do not work in the editor (fine for a published mission) and in any event for a new FED character you will have to contend with pre-tutorial limitations on where you can go. Playtest each map individually.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    bidzarbidzar Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Thanks Duncan. Never had any of these problems before unti lthe new map updates were made two or three seasons ago. I'll attempt your work around. I don''t have word antmore now that Microsoft REQUIRES a monthly or annual fee.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Word alternative (which I use whenever I need one): Libre Office. It's an open source package that covers all the bases. ;)
    https://www.libreoffice.org/

But for this bug the work around will definitely work. Not being able to type is a wholly consistent bug and everyone working in the Foundry now needs to apply it (and can attest to the results.) It was introduced in the last update with Foundry downtime.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
This discussion has been closed.