test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

bind_load_file - spacebar macro works for 2 chars, but not the third

jaephjaeph Member Posts: 77 Arc User
I followed one of the internet guides to setup a text file in my live directory, the ran bind_load_file to load it. This works great on my fed and klingon, but i can't get it to work on my rommie. I've tried in sector space, in patrols, in combat, not in combat.

Any ideas? Everything is on toolbar 4, it's just not working.

-Jeff

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You're sure the file is still in the Star Trek Online\Live folder?

If so, it should load the same way, you need the '/' first /Bind_Load_File Spacebar.txt

Type it with the extension as well. Also, make sure your other 2 characters are indeed using Tray 4, perhaps it's binding to a different tray number?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    It's something about the filename. I finally did a simple in-game bind, then typed /bind_save. I went to my live directory, and a new file named "ent_keybinds" was there. I cut and pasted the full macro into that file, saved, then went back in-game and typed /bind_load.

I did this all inside the japori mission, in case that makes a difference.

-Jeff
  • Options
    jaeph wrote: »
    It's something about the filename. I finally did a simple in-game bind, then typed /bind_save. I went to my live directory, and a new file named "ent_keybinds" was there. I cut and pasted the full macro into that file, saved, then went back in-game and typed /bind_load.

I did this all inside the japori mission, in case that makes a difference.

-Jeff

And that worked? Because it shouldn't.

Here is the thing, when you load a bind, it saves that bind to that character. It doesn't check that file again when you reload the character. So if you did a save_bind then it would save the binds used at that time. If you want back in and altered the contents of ent_keybinds, that shouldn't work until you reload that file.

If it's still not working, do this.. log into the character and type /unbind_all

That will clear all your binds. Now, the bind you want is in the file called ent_keybinds, so after you unbind, type this exactly..

/bind_load_file ent_keybinds.txt

That should bind whatever is in ent_keybinds.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Yes, it worked. My understanding is that the difference between /bind_load and /bind_load_file is that the latter lets you name the file.

So

a) /bind space "forgot the command, something simple"
    b) /bind_save
    c) find the new file in directory and update it with the cut and paste from website
    d) /bind_load

I've logged in and out since then, and it's working fine.

-Jeff
  • Options
    Ok, cool.. glad you got it working. :smile: