test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gameprint Ship - Unboxing, Review. Lots of pictures.

snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
ZaXcJnm.png

Hello!

Unboxing of my Gameprint Collectable ship, sorry for posting a lot of very.. Identical pictures, I'm really bad at taking pictures and selecting which ones are the best, so I thought I'd just share most of them as I always believe the more the better! My camera even though it's a good one unfortunately struggles a bit with taking pictures of the ship.

I ordered the ship on the 17th of March, 2018 and it arrived today at the 13th August, 2018.. Quite the long wait, it seems Gameprint had problems fullfilling orders in the early start.

The ship was really well packaged, as you can see in the pictures. It arrived in a large cardboard box with wrapping plastic, filled with peanuts. Then the collectable box was wrapped in bubblewrap, inside this was the foam shapes that hold the ship in place.

I also got a small card and a gift, a small 4" inch model of the Pathfinder.

Anyway, onto the collectable of my ship the U.S.S. Alaska. It's a normal Galaxy Class starship and I am very happy with how it turned out. Even with the long wait, communication with Gameprint could be a bit slow at times but the nice thing is that it was always the same customer representative that contacted you which made things easier in the long run.

The collectable model of the Alaska is hand painted and measures 12 inches from the fore of the saucer section to the aft of the Warp Nacelle's. The ship feels very much like a plastic model and it's quite soft to the touch. In comparison to the smaller 4 inch model I got.

The 4 inch model feels very spongy and rough like sandpaper, while my collectable 12 inch model is a lot smoother and feels like plastic. The ship is very light, but feels sturdy and the Nacelle's got a bit of flex to them. But not a lot, they do not hang or sag.

The base of the stand is REALLY heavy, this is most likely to prevent the model from tipping over, which is very neat. I am also VERY happy to see that the actual rod that the ship is on is made of metal. Most other models always use a plastic rod, with a very small bit that attaches to the ship. These usually break, Gameprint uses a metal rod that goes about an inch into the ship.

The one thing I am a bit unhappy with at times is the angle of the ship on the stand, my ship is tilting down. Sometimes I am keen on this angle because it makes the name and registry easier to see. But sometimes I think maybe if the ship was level? It would look better. Then again this could be model specific, that the hole was accidently drilled at an angle or something.

There is little reason to compare my ship to another model of the Galaxy Class, as Gameprint follows the Star Trek Online model. So it's best to comapare it with that. I'll go over the differences.

The differences between the collectable model and the ship in Star Trek Online:
  • The model is missing the ship name from the aft section on the Warp Nacelle's, it's present on the game model.
  • The model is missing the ship name from the neck, just aft of the forward torpedo launcher, it's present on the game model.
  • The model is missing the red and green positioning lights (port and starboard), these are present on the game model.
  • The model has a slightly different texture to all phaser beam arrays compared to the game model.
  • The model has each window engraved onto the ship, while the game model only has a flat window texture overlapping the hull.
  • The model has the roller doors on Shuttlebay 2 and 3 corrected, while the game model this texture is broken and appears bent.
  • The model has the Deflector Dish corrected, while the game model this texture is broken with the release of Lightning 2.0.
w9OlHc8.jpg
KUEE8EB.jpg
uNI0RJZ.jpg
oq1rv0a.jpg
J1Ko1Vk.jpg
NWarJiR.jpg
PwEzyNC.jpg
eu5qAiL.jpg
6iNF38A.jpg
9TfwQtE.jpg
Za3HfFu.jpg
XktLWGT.jpg
AlBK48h.jpg
PxNYJdl.jpg
Y1EUewq.jpg
4M2F9ou.jpg
IgRePs7.jpg
flbiizb.jpg
R0bldAL.jpg
8oiX1BN.jpg
utKSM7W.jpg
n1riqSj.jpg
uaJpM7S.jpg
3h7lxKZ.jpg
8ABxczO.jpg
M87qDGU.jpg
HNJeHZu.jpg
HlkJO09.jpg
LbGlBml.jpg
1QwtGwV.jpg
9egSmLj.jpg
TOkqwCk.jpg
UARvw4X.jpg
ZmRBP6I.jpg

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Pretty o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • highadmiral#4915 highadmiral Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Looks amazing!
  • ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
    I'm glad you received your ship at last!
    After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
    wbur87.jpg
    U.S.S. Tempest
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Looks nice, but I am not sure why anyone would use GamePrint when there are cheaper alternatives available for standard Star Trek ships. Although, it does look nicer than the Eaglemoss version and personalized. If they could only add LEDs to the nacelles, bussard collectors, and impulse engines, then it would be perfect.