test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Antiproton Matter Conversion Beam?

stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
So what does this weapon from the new event do? We aren't being told anything useful about how it might be different than a standard antiproton weapon. Does it coordinate with the console from the earlier event?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    It might.
    It might not.

We won't really get any details until someone gets it and posts the details. Kinda the same deal its always been.

Just glad to see the event back. Was worried it wouldn't because of how people can steamroll it these days.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    A set bonus would be nice, especially since it's an account unlock.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I am honestly hoping that it might be part of a three part set, that would include the anti-proton torp, and the crystalline absorption matrix console. It would be interesting to see what they might come up with for the set bonuses. Like I could see it that the set might make the crystalline absorption matrix click ability work somewhat like the crystalline entity's own absorption effect that when the effect ends it does a large range damage aoe. Though I always wished we might get mini crystalline entity hanger-pets from one fo the events, but it could be interesting if they made the these three items into a set had a clicky ability that created two medium crystalline pets that last for awhile.

It is just a matter of what could they do for set bonuses, that would be interesting, and fun matching the theme of the event an items.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Has there been anything from events that are sets?
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Has there been anything from events that are sets?

Yeah the prolonged engagement set that includes the prolonged engagement phaser weapon alongside the prolonged engagement console, which came from weekend events.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It shoots enemies.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    It shoots enemies.

Fake News! :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    asuran14 wrote: »
    I am honestly hoping that it might be part of a three part set, that would include the anti-proton torp, and the crystalline absorption matrix console. It would be interesting to see what they might come up with for the set bonuses. Like I could see it that the set might make the crystalline absorption matrix click ability work somewhat like the crystalline entity's own absorption effect that when the effect ends it does a large range damage aoe.
    Not an unreasonable suggestion, given that this effect isn't that far removed from what aceton assimilators do. What would be very nice, I think, is if the weapons were in fact the advanced form of a new AP family. Under such a case, you would receive in addition to the weapon itself access - via the Nukara rep store - to the full family of 'matter conversion' weapons... at which point it would have to be clarified what the 'basic' MCB proc is and what the advanced form would add.
    Though I always wished we might get mini crystalline entity hanger-pets from one fo the events...
    Apparently we had the same brainwave (reference), which is by no means a bad thing. In response to such, kaggert27 suggested as an alternative a new console which would summon them in the vein of bio-neural warheads.
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    2fBfeoV.jpg
    not part of a set :(
    but they can be re-engineered
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    rimmarie wrote: »
    2fBfeoV.jpg

Ugh...
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    2fBfeoV.jpg

Interesting, that looks like antiproton + disruptor proc. It'd go great on my T6 Tac Oddy.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Really going out of their way to make oldschool disruptor proc useless lol.

First we get Coalition Disruptors, then we get Pulse Phasers which debuff and buff, and now these lol

Can we get some DS9 Klingon Disruptors then...since they had such epic sound effects!
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    As long as Cryptic doesn't make procs worth anything (2.5% on a single, "can equip only 1" weapon means you'll wait 200s on average before seeing it proc again), it'll be mince. Especially if the weapon sacrifices a [mod] for that proc. They really need to make procs either per shot, or make the chance of them happening at least 10%.

And on top of that, you'll completely lose AP's special non-proc +crtd on those new weps. Not worth using, unless you like color or something.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    While the proc of the new gun really is cool the likelihood of any of them to happen are so small that they are hardly worth to consider.

If I, for some reason, would start to make a new AP build I might be using this. But I would certainly not do so because of this weapon nor do I think I’ll bother with it on the two AP builds I have.

In a time where cryptic fully acknowledges the superiority of spiral waves (in light of the costs) good procs alone have lost their meaning.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Any anti proton weapons that have similar colour to these weapons. I’ve never used antiproton energy weapons as I can’t stand the sound the red ones make lol
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Why limit it to one? A Tholian ship with purple crystal beams would look neat. But not like this.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Make an AP skittles Fore AP shooter.
    -Conversion AP Dual Heavy Cannons
    -Advanced Temporal Dual Heavy Cannons
    -Advanced Radiant Dual Heavy Cannons
    -Herald Antiproton Dual heavy Cannons
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    jordan3550 wrote: »
    Any anti proton weapons that have similar colour to these weapons. I’ve never used antiproton energy weapons as I can’t stand the sound the red ones make lol

Probably closest is probably Herald Anti-Proton for beams, which has a purple hue (though the crystal one more blue).
    https://youtu.be/5BZa_gFAMqA?t=942
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    2fBfeoV.jpg

Interesting, that looks like antiproton + disruptor proc. It'd go great on my T6 Tac Oddy.

I don't see it mentioned, but can there be multiple equipped on a ship?

Still hoping for a set bonus in the future with other CE event reward from the past.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    questerius wrote: »
    2fBfeoV.jpg

Still hoping for a set bonus in the future with other CE event reward from the past.

Unfortunately, it says right in the description that the limit is 1 per ship. Not sure why, not like these things are super powerful.. guess they don't want you to be able to get a completely free full set of Mark XII beams?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    2fBfeoV.jpg

Unfortunately, it says right in the description that the limit is 1 per ship. Not sure why, not like these things are super powerful.. guess they don't want you to be able to get a completely free full set of Mark XII beams?

Was looking for that yet somehow totally missed it.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    2fBfeoV.jpg

Grinding for 14 days = "completely free"? :confused:
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Well, completely free in that it doesn't cost any currency.

Not completely free in that we invest a bit of time every 20 hours to 'earn' it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    2fBfeoV.jpg

Once completed.. yeah.

They aren't great beams, their main use would be for an alt that you were leveling, so allowing you to just claim 8 of them would be nice. I am not surprised they don't allow it though.

They are however, ok with offering beams as mission rewards.. apparently playing one mission 8 times is somehow better then doing an event for 2 weeks and then claiming 8 weapons. I dunno man.. 'cyrptic logic.' :smiley:
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

I'd say so. Playing the game to get something without paying money is free.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

I'd say so. Playing the game to get something without paying money is free.
    Also it's CC... it takes LESS time to smash the giant snowflake than to do flying high. AND you get rewards as you play.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    2fBfeoV.jpg

It won't even let you claim multiple, as the box it comes from greys out from the Dil store as soon as you have that type of weapon. Best you can do is one beam array and one DHC.

2fBfeoV.jpg

It comes out as Mk XIII actually, which is at least decent for a budget build with the extra boost in damage from being Mk XIII instead of XII being pretty decent.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    2fBfeoV.jpg

Downsides of account unlocks.
This discussion has been closed.